TRD CAI [Group Buy]

XploShun

CAI HAS ARRIVED.......gf checked box.....TRD written on it....and also my door sills arrived.......awesome....looks like a nice DIY weekend is coming up..

u other guys should get urs soon then.......the new sound of lift to come :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAI HAS ARRIVED.......gf checked box.....TRD written on it....and also my door sills arrived.......awesome....looks like a nice DIY weekend is coming up..

u other guys should get urs soon then.......the new sound of lift to come :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful: :spiteful:

Awesome! did they come by courier or Australia Post?

not sure...gf was at home and grabbed them.....Aus post id say....as 2 parcels were dropped off for me....they walked them down drive to house and gf and person chuked them in garage......

just out of interest encounta how long till ours is here?

:P

man i cant wait :clap::clap::toast:

lolz, guess we gets ours around 3 days after you's get your's...

just out of interest encounta how long till ours is here?

:P

man i cant wait :clap::clap::toast:

Ours???

I thought i was paired up with encounta? :blink:

Yup, i'm paired up with you neK, i better be, lolz

yeah sorry, YOURS, :P ;) :blush:

lolz, getting neK, and also me abit worried there...

Ok so the CAI is in....only took me about 3 hours lol....took it slow and did it proper..

afew questions.....

TRD pod has anyone actually got it to fit in a facelift rolla properly....itslike 23cm long or more....and hangs down behind foggy....i could not fit it with foggy in so i took foggy out ..fitted it....sealed off fod light hole and am buying a shorter pod on weekend......ne suggestions on which oneto buy...just gunna go to autobarn.....

So after weekend.....TRD pod filter will be for sale...used for like 3 days :)...how much should i sell it for

Also CAI was a tight fit itself.....hits on the back of the headlight clip casing etc and on the metal under battery tray ....on sat i will wriggle it around (some more ...doen this so much tonight..) and put some padding between the CAI and the 1mm gap beforethe metal...at moment is sitting on it...dont want that longterm...

Also......the workshop submission was great help....i just discarded all brown VSU and blocked off hose after grommet....then just had to change the one hose that they supplied as told to in workshop submission and block off the little knob bit coming out of CAI with the stopper nipple thing they supplied....sound correct ?

cheers all i know is i just hit lift about 5 times and spun tires profusely for that few km home from gf dads shed....awesome sound..unreal....makes it easy to drive it hard after ECU reset as the CAI makes ya wanna drive it hard :)......oh and the auto up down not working also fixed up after remembering what was said on here.....wind down...then up and hold up for 3 sec

:)

so ne ways what pod filter should i buy and who wants my 3 day used TRD one ?

i've got the TRD pod fitted in with the fog light on my facelift sportivo. Its a little tight but i've had no problems. Yes, the pipe does hit the foglight, but you can cut off the little piece from the headlight that its hitting.

yeah...i think id rather just buy a K&N and not trim ne thing off the fog lights....plus K&N is only about 5" long not 9-10" so will sit up higher away from heat of spotlight and any water that may come in through the gaps around the foggy lenses, as they dont make a seal with the bumper, there is a little gap all way around......thanx for info though....

No :nopity:

Possible tracking #

Natz man any word yet?

ive checked the tracking...

2 pairs received

2 pairs out of USA (out of customs)

1 pair tried to drop off... no1 was there

neK & encounta's - not out of custom yet

btw.. so 4 or 6 of you got it already?

Ok received pink slip today, will pick them up tomorrow... :D

Sooooooooooooo excited!!!

No :nopity:

Possible tracking #

Natz man any word yet?

ive checked the tracking...

2 pairs received

2 pairs out of USA (out of customs)

1 pair tried to drop off... no1 was there

neK & encounta's - not out of custom yet

btw.. so 4 or 6 of you got it already?

fit yourself is real easy......took me a while as i was following instructions (supplied and workshop submission on TOCAU) wanted to make sure did proper job.....the TRD filter i found too big for facelift model .hit fog light etc and sat down to low due to its lenght.....i left it fitted for 1 day (check buy sell if want it) then lastnight i fully removed CAI.....check for any rub marks....added fadded foam tape to the CAI where rub marks were and to the area that were causing the rub...refitted it better this time (and about 1/4 of the time) and added the K&N KNRX3900 pod filter..fits way better...sits above the foglight and rests on the bracket.....is higher up and therefore out of weather more (as fog lights arent sealed in....couple mm gap all way around that rain can fly in through.....TRD filter sat low enough to probably cop some of this if was fitted and foggy in, for the day i had it on i removed foggy and sealed fog hole with plastic and tape:), K&N cost $89.95 and has a 3" intake so just need to tighten thread a bit more than the trd one......happy now as have protected the rubbing ares...better fitting filter and sounds unreal........just need to sell the TRD pod..........make me an offer (within reason) was only fitted for about 22 hours :)