Sportivo front strut..

Nope, the sportivos never came with strut tower brace.

Makes a difference when cornering, the car feels more flat while attacking corners and its smoother in the process....without it the car feels unstable, kinda wobbly feeling. If your getting your car S/C then I recommend it mate. :P

I have a whiteline front strut brace, although I have heard stories of the strut brace failing (snaping??) I've had no trouble with mine whatsoever.

snapping? whoa.. that must be hardcore torsion of the chassis to do something like that...

i saw in the 9th gen corolla forum.. the XRS came with a weird looking front strut.. i thought that the sportivos came with that too...!

planning to get one for the show factor and make the body a bit stiffer.

snapping? whoa.. that must be hardcore torsion of the chassis to do something like that...

i saw in the 9th gen corolla forum.. the XRS came with a weird looking front strut.. i thought that the sportivos came with that too...!

planning to get one for the show factor and make the body a bit stiffer.

yeah the USA ones come with one from factory with a damper in them.

so do the JDM ones.

in fact the JDM ones have one in the rear, too. with the built-in damper.

I have the Whiteline one - It has made a difference - however it flexes. You can feel it when cornering, really good initial turn in - then as the loads increase the steering geometry changes slightly. When I popped the hood and had a look I noticed that I can flex the strut brace just by leaning on it. It looks great but the whole idea of it is to eliminate the flex. As for snapping it - if you adjust it too far and put too much tension on it, then yes it could snap under load and the flex would create metal fatigue. I have the TRD rear strut brace and it is rock solid. I am looking to replace the front brace with a TRD one.

sorri.. borrowing the pic from YDOIT4's car as a representation of the Cusco Front strut brace/bar..

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...ost&id=2848

the dc sport one looks good but wont fit our cars cos we have that power steering thingy in the way.

getting my gf to source out the cusco/trd front strut brace/bar atm..

do u guys know the model number for the cusco brace?

i think this is the part no

type-OS 193 540 A \15,750 \15,000

Edited by DuGong

Go the Cusco man..its one of the best brands around! It made a big difference to my wagon on the track. I even had the front wheel lift off the ground at 180km/h around a sweeper, and with no rollcage, thats pretty impressive!

If you want a Cusco one, let me no, I can get one for you, Cusco are ten mins drive from my house. Great guys to deal with too..

Edited by Sleeper

cusco type os. they make 2 kinds of bars, type 1 and type 2 in the os range. too bad for corolla they use only type 1 bar in the construction, the weaker kind.

although the differences in stiffening may be little, c-one type r bar is a stronger design than cusco type os. if you want something heavy duty you can check the 4 point bar of ultra. i put wrote about all them including carbing and the newest red trd bar in owf, i already pm you the link. part numbers, prices, links, pics etc all there.

I think you guys are confusing the Whiteline rear anti-roll bar snapping on pippy's car. It wasn't the front strut that was breaking. I could be wrong, it has happened once before.

I have a Whiteline front strut, works OK, but I haven't used any of the others so I can't say if they are worth the extra money or not. But all I know is the TRD rear strut was money better spent.

a word of wording. though looks to be the same, ultra malaysia and summit taiwan design develop for the altis.

most likely those parts will work, but maybe you will encounter some strange complications like the dc sports (usa) does not fit onto aust spec corolla.

we know suspension works, as the guys in australia with d2 coilovers are actually designed for altis.

i was surprised though to find the prices of summit parts they are quite expensive and not with the same reputation as trd or c-one to name a few leading factories. i would rather get the japanese knowing it works and was actually designed for it.

but these malaysian and taiwanese parts are making progress in the industry, you know when people are counterfeiting your products. watch out for fake ultra and fake summit.

i know people with trd low member brace, c-one chassis bars and tom's low tie bars. just be careful using underbody bars as some products stick out and cause problems with low cars.

do u noe if the JDM is the same with the USDM ?

how can we source these items out?

currently checking out the DC-sport one... looks kool!

no the USA are LHD specific as it has to clear the brake reservoir on the left side of the car.

u'd need a RHD specific one.

Honestly unless you plan on attacking the track every weekend and have done a lot of other upgrades then all of these braces under the car will do nothing that you can feel driving on the street every day. Even the difference between sway bars would be really hard to pick. Never heard of whiteline front strut brace breaking. Yes Pippy did break a rear sway bar but that is an isolated incident to his car. I've had whiteline fron strut brace and rear sway bar on my car for ages and have never had a problem. But yes a front strut brace does reduce roll understeer.

So I guess it comes down to just how much money you want to throw at a strut brace and whether or not you want the fancy paint and brand names on it as well.

post-335-1177922719_thumb.jpg

Or you can make the Whiteline one look better with a bit of time and effort(and some sort of painting ability :P )