RC Drift cars

3zzfe

Its a very basic AM radio but it has all the important features you need to start out with. Futaba is a good quality brand. Stay away from hitec.

guys, i bought TT-01 tamiya kit. does any one here know if Futaba 2PH remote control is any good?

The TT-01 is one of the best starting cars! Good price and good setup. If you want to upgrade it first thing you should get are ball bearings. I have the 2PH but a slightly upgraded one, but I find it's all you need....

Futaba 2PH is okay entry level stuff. Personally, I bought for the Futaba 2PL because it has a few more features. Make sure it's either 27 or 29 Mhz AM and if possible has C Tick compliance.

TT01 is a good entry level car, ideal for drifting and strong as a brick to withstand major collisions. It just has limitations on motor spur gear and pinion combinations meaning you won't be able to gear as high as everyone else at the local race track. Also i don't think it has camber adjustments either, but you can alway buy aftermarket stuff that will let you do it.

im using a TT01 and it really is all you need if you wanna drift. I'll never be into the racing scene so i found spending the amount of money involved in some of these cars a little over the top.

Bearings are a good starting point and i upgraded the motor but to what i cant remember, also a big battery as drifting uses loads of power the only problem is heat. But hey mine never lit on fire

also locking the rear diff is a good idea for drifting but drive it standard first.

To lock the diff all you do is put something like bluetac or playdoh in it so that it wont slip, i think i put cardbaord in mine in the end as i found that it would slowely turn into a limited slip diff.

Some ppl put oneway diffs in the front as well but i think the cost outways the benefit.

Jarrod

Its a very basic AM radio but it has all the important features you need to start out with. Futaba is a good quality brand. Stay away from hitec.

cool mate...cheers. I got good price for a brand new ones. the guy bought the wrong ones. total is $91 delivered. maybe 100+ in the shop or more....^_^

Futaba 2PH is okay entry level stuff. Personally, I bought for the Futaba 2PL because it has a few more features. Make sure it's either 27 or 29 Mhz AM and if possible has C Tick compliance.

TT01 is a good entry level car, ideal for drifting and strong as a brick to withstand major collisions. It just has limitations on motor spur gear and pinion combinations meaning you won't be able to gear as high as everyone else at the local race track. Also i don't think it has camber adjustments either, but you can alway buy aftermarket stuff that will let you do it.

ohh...geez hahah well as long as its good and fun, thats good enoug for me ^_^ drifting all i want cheers

im using a TT01 and it really is all you need if you wanna drift. I'll never be into the racing scene so i found spending the amount of money involved in some of these cars a little over the top.

Bearings are a good starting point and i upgraded the motor but to what i cant remember, also a big battery as drifting uses loads of power the only problem is heat. But hey mine never lit on fire

also locking the rear diff is a good idea for drifting but drive it standard first.

To lock the diff all you do is put something like bluetac or playdoh in it so that it wont slip, i think i put cardbaord in mine in the end as i found that it would slowely turn into a limited slip diff.

Some ppl put oneway diffs in the front as well but i think the cost outways the benefit.

Jarrod

hmmm thats good man....worth a try.well see how it goes when i get it and finish assemble it. ^_^cheers

couldn't help myself. baja 5b

just under a 1m long

9.5kgs of fun

its got a 23 cc engine and throws out 12foot rooster tails.

70ks out of the box and thats before you go stupid with go fast bits like tuned exhaust, supercharger, etc

bajaig0.jpg

So how much would it be for just a car like this?? i used to have an electric car like the picture above but it was ran over when my cousin decided to drive it next to a car when the batteries where dieing and then it turned left under the car and she ran over it or it was stuck under the front tyre and crushed it so i tried to fix it but it was useless

i would love one like these either petrol or electric i dont care but yea how much i dont mind assembling it myself i assembled a few when i had my old electric and i find it fun like a big jigsaw puzzle hehe

i too also jut bought a baja.

I had a problem though. second time using it it locked up on full throttle, luckily slid into the wall rather then face on..

We also have 2 1:10 Tamiya WRC cars...

Great fun..

Only downside is 30mins to prepare... 20mins of fun... 1hr of cleaning..

The Baja is a bit cleaner though.

i think u will be looking at around $250 for a beginners chasis (electric), but it also depends what accessories you've already. Battery, remote, charger all up cost just as much as the car :closedeyes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
Want to get into rc difting and i am going to buy the tamiya TT01D, was just wondering if the Futaba 2PL would be a good control for it

sure is. futaba's current entry level radio but has even more features then their old entry level radio the 2phk.

ive got this nitro model ive been looking to try out drifting its too twitchy i probably need better tyres its ony got the stock ones

wanted a ae86 shell for it buuuut cant get one thatll fit my chassis

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys now it is only a tt-01 and it dose only have a 19turn dubble wind lrp race motor unlike lemons killer brushless system which would have cost him heaps

it is fully ball raced (all ballbarings)

custom ally top deck

ally shocks

ally center drive shaft

kaos tracksliderTM tyres

and it can keep up at the local track

i dnot have pics of the chassis but i do have some of it with my new shell on it

P1080914.jpg

P1080912.jpg

P1080911.jpg

P1080913.jpg

wat u guys think

and u can get a ready to drift car for bout $350

there is the tamiya tt-01 and the HPI e-10

here are 2 links

HPI e-10

http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.php?part...712〈=en

tamiya tt-01

http://www.tamiya.com/english/products/57766rx_7d/index.htm

both good cars but the tt-01 is my choise

Edited by driftking

looking good. 2 suggestions:

1 trim the body posts.

2 remove the bullet plugs on the motor and direct soldier instead. less resistence = more power.

how did i miss this thread... heres mine, cant find my racing shell atm, i roll on a Tamiya TB02 Chassis @ 18Turns... will be bringing it to the QLD meet also :)

DSC02019.JPG

Edited by Zoran

• 3 weeks later...

Join that topic, bought RTR HPI Sprint 2 Drift, of course it's Corolla! AE86. Got painted the body and wheels (hate chrome ;( )

2 photos )

250tul0.jpg

2vuzgbr.jpg

Edited by xpyyy

• 5 months later...