skyline exhaust

hey,

This might sound strange but i like the way a skyline exhaust sounds compared to a rumbling rexy, is it possible to put a exhaust system or some certain part to make the corolla sound like it. I havent got a exhaust but am interested in getting one. any ideas guys. :help:

eddie

Haha funny thread, but for a response...

Exhausts are always nothing more than a reflection of the sound of a motor...so you can never make a Corolla exhaust sound like a Skyline exhaust per say. You can put a huge canon on your Corolla to try and give it a deeper tone, but it will only last until about 1k rpm then it will sound like a 4 cyl, just a really loud, droning 4 cyl :P

I sampled a couple of different exhaust setups on my corolla in an attempt to make it sound 'meatier' and found the best sound you can come to expect out of a rolla is a raspy scream. Unfortunately it will never match up to the orgasmic tone of a nice RB exhaust in full swing :whistling:

I reckon an SW20 Mr2 with a 3.0L V6 engine conversion off an Camry with and aftermarket exhaust sounds awesome.

having heard an MR2 with V6 conversion I can safely say it sounds like a Magna/Verada...

a V6 and a straight 6 have very different firing orders which create vastly different exhaust tones (take a standard 4cl vs a boxer 4cl from a VW or Subaru as another example) engines like the Nissan RB series or the Toyota 7M or 1JZ/2JZ sound awesome because they are very well balanced by nature due to the way the pistons fire and are balanced on the crank. V6 engine are by nature a poorly balanced engine and as such are not as smooth sounding as a straight six.

Well I haven't heard of an N/A straight six yet to be honest, with regards to exhaust. Everything I've heard with regards to jap sixes have usually been with a turbo along the exhaust system.

most, if not all the turbo engines from Jap cars come in a non-turbo variant...

another good straight 6, NA, example is the BMW M3, they sound awesome too :)

or the humble Ford Falcon engine...

Hey

Pretty Hard its not worth it at all as you will never get it to sound exactly like a Skyline anyway your cars a corolla not a Skyline and the stivos have a awsome roar as it is.

My suggestion go for performance not to sound like a skyline :toast:

Regards

Jas

Well I haven't heard of an N/A straight six yet to be honest, with regards to exhaust. Everything I've heard with regards to jap sixes have usually been with a turbo along the exhaust system.

most, if not all the turbo engines from Jap cars come in a non-turbo variant...

another good straight 6, NA, example is the BMW M3, they sound awesome too :)

or the humble Ford Falcon engine...

What I meant was I've never actually heard one in person or upclose....I'm very much aware that pretty much most(if not all) turbo variants start off as N/A bases

easiest way to make a corolla sound like a skyline is to get a KE, and install a RB26. It'll sound exactly like a Skyline then, although you may have a little trouble installing the engine

1.Go and install a big stereo in your car

2. Go and record a Skyline revving the engine

3. Play disc on your Corolla's stereo.

4. Corolla sounds like a Skyline.

But to be honest a 2JZ sounds way better than a Skyline.(especially with big boost!!)

Unfortunately it will never match up to the orgasmic tone of a nice RB exhaust in full swing :whistling:

i beg 2 differ B) B) B) B) B)

turbo the rolla & it will sound like an absolute beast .... better than any skyline :P :P :P :P :P :P

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lol @ this thread

x 2 :lol: Buy a Skyline

my bro already has a skyline there's no use getting another one get me. i just like the sound of it but i love my rolla, thanks all for the suggestion.

Unfortunately it will never match up to the orgasmic tone of a nice RB exhaust in full swing :whistling:

i beg 2 differ B) B) B) B) B)

turbo the rolla & it will sound like an absolute beast .... better than any skyline :P :P :P :P :P :P

Oh Billy... :rolleyes:

Lets line up in a maccas carpark revving our engines to redline on idle and see how many bogans flock to each car :D (yes, joking)

And when I finally get my not so overnight parts from Japan I will make a trip down WSID way, then its on like donkey kong... we will settle this :spiteful: (serious)

Edited by Mintos

i beg 2 differ B) B)

turbo the rolla & it will sound like an absolute beast .... better than any skyline :P :P :

Oh Billy... :rolleyes:

Lets line up in a maccas carpark revving our engines to redline on idle and see how many bogans flock to each car :D (yes, joking)

And when I finally get my not so overnight parts from Japan I will make a trip down WSID way, then its on like donkey kong... we will settle this :spiteful: (serious)

lol ..... all good ..... dont worry i got 2 coming .... 2 of the big ones ..... special surprise 4 u just 4 da run @ wsid :whistling: :whistling: :whistling: :