Odo readings

Zeus

• 1 month later...

Hi all;

I'm a newbie to this neck of the woods, have just put down a deposit on a 2001 Camry Touring wagon -

288386799_k7NHC-L.jpg

It's done a documented 66400 kms, so fairly low mileage, I'm wrapped!

Hope to be picking it up from the dealer this weekend.

My wife has a Gen V Azura which she LOVES (having come from a Mazda RX-8, she much prefers the Azura!), and my folks have a Gen V Altise V6, so we're no strangers to the good ol' Camry.

Years ago we used to own a 1st gen Camry hatchback, I gave that car hell driving the daily 340km round trip from Newcastle to Taree and back for a while, it never even skipped a beat, apart from a flat battery once. Sadly, it was stolen, but always stuck in my mind as one indestructible little car!

Edited by f3nr15

Bought my first camry new in 95 traded it on a new land cruiser got a devorce and sold the cruiser

These days I bought a low klm sv 21 sedan 120.000 when I bought her two years ago now she got 150.000

Bought a 94 wide body for my son off ebay with motor and trans problems and bought a motor and trans that had done 92.000 put it in and he loves it specaily after back packing the world for 18 months

Bought a 93 wagon with 220.000 complete with blown head gasket have the motor out of it in my sv21 boot and the back floor to take to the recondtioners this week .

and my latest a 95 GSX wagon with 225.000 klms with a blown head gasket found a damaged 96 model with 115.000 klm on it today might buy it to put the drive train in it . so I hope to be updating my old sv21 but shes been a great car new starter and thats all shes ever asked for other than a good service ever 5.000 runs well with michy tyres

• 6 months later...

Just an update on my mileage...

Ticked over to 157,800kms last night, over 20,000kms since my last post in October.

She still runs like new, fairly smooth at idle and a consistent average fuel consumption of 9.5-10.5L/100km. Not bad considering I drive about 80km each weekday with only 20 of those kilometres being on the Freeway. I keep putting it off but I will reward her soon with a full detail and tinted windows.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my 99 Camry V6 in 2002. Had 97,000km then and now it has just gone over 232,000. Still runs great and only thing thing I have done to it is change the timing belt and just regular oil changes.

My 1st Camry (hand me down from dad): '92 I4 (Gen 3 in US) Bought at 101,000km in '95, sold at 306,000 in '05

Current '96 V6, bought at 98,000 in '04, currently has 204,000

Dad's '96 I4 wagon bought in '98 with 30,000, currently has 206,000

Mom's '05 I4 bought new, now has 63,000

• 2 weeks later...
I'd like to know how many km's other people's Camry's have. Post you current odo reading and what it was when you got it.

My Camry has done 116,230km got it at 113,897km.

I got my 93 V6 vienta in Oct 2004 with 185,534km now has 320,865km only paid 5 grand for its a great car.

Lozza

I have a '98 Gen4 Conquest that has just clocked over 234 ###km's and as far as I can tell is driving just as well as new, theres just a few things need done like new struts and steering wheel bushes. Oh and now I need a new rear left light assemble as some one in a car park decided to reverse into my parked car grrr ';..;'

Edited by Westy87

95 Vienta Touring... Bought November 06... had 117k... 1 year later... 139k.

Got a mate in a Camry club... owns an ex taxi... over 550k... lol... and another dude with close to 380k?? Those engines just keep on freakin goin!

Just hit up 2 years... 163 on the clock :) Runs beautifully :P

95 Vienta Touring... Bought November 06... had 117k... 1 year later... 139k.

Got a mate in a Camry club... owns an ex taxi... over 550k... lol... and another dude with close to 380k?? Those engines just keep on freakin goin!

Just hit up 2 years... 163 on the clock :) Runs beautifully :P

Maybe I should drive the Crown a bit more....