read this review on o-100 time

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uni holidays coming up...

1ZZ-FE vs 2ZR-FE at WSID?

Thats the fuken spirit!!! :yahoo:

LOL I'm suprised nobody else has taken to this...

I'm serious

I got a manual 2ZR-FE but you gotta wait till march, ( red p's on auto. )

[

2007 Corolla

1 3.116:1

2 1.904:1

3 1.310:1

4 0.969:1

5 0.815:1

6 0.725:1

Final 4.529:1

2003 Corolla

1 3.166:1

2 1.904:1

3 1.310:1

4 0.969:1

5 0.815:1

6 -

Final 4:312:1

Excellent, thanks for your research.

Nownexthing you do is take the first gear ratio X final diff = 14.11 vs 13.65(2003)

2nd gear 8.62 Vs 8.21

5th =4.388 vs 4.178

6th 3.301 vs 3.501(5th)

as yiou can see, the 2007 has a lower ratio already-the higher the number the more revs you do per one turn of wheel.

So beleive me now? So in 5th gear the 2007 would have more top speed when shifted to 6th.

By the way on the weekend I did more shadow practice to third. and did 4 runs o-100 shifting at 6100 rpm with FULL TANK OF VPOWER(98 octane as always used). First to secod, I chriped the wheels but not third. I did, 8.65; 8.61.8,54, 8,71 respectively. And I AM HAPPY now. because this is done on full tank. I think the third gear and extra shift to 100 is really hampered the 0-100 time, the other option is to get theunichip or after market computer to lift the rpm to 7000rpm. But really I am saving up for T25 turbo...... Time for saving up......cheers.

Edited by chopin

from the ratio figures, I'd say the "new" 6speed box was a way for Toyota to fix the gear ratio of the previous model rollas cheaply. change the final drive to give better in-gear accelleration at the cost of top speed in each gear. You effectively see "closer" ratios. The reason there is an extra over-drive gear i.e 6th is to regain the overall top speed lost by introducing the new final drive ratio.

Your max HP is...well...your max HP. unless the factory made a major mistake with the top gear and final drive, you're not going to get a better top speed with just gearing alone (as you have stated).

Edited by qkslvr

the other option is to get theunichip or after market computer to lift the rpm to 7000rpm.

toyota being toyota im guessing they have done the usual and a piggyback like the unichip wont be able to move the rpm limit up ...... i could be wrong but this is generally the case with a lot of the newer toyotas ..... and what after market computer have been made available ?

But really I am saving up for T25 turbo...... Time for saving up......cheers.

excellent ..... a turbo new corolla ...... so u gona re-build the engine ? drop the compression to run bigger boost ? as with 10:1 you might wanna keep it in single digits ..... also any ideas on the internals ? no offence to the 1zz boys but if the internals reflect the same sort of setup ur gonna be limited in how far u can go before ur gona need to sort out rods ..... again mate its not as simple as "im going to get a turbo" ..... a bit more thought is needed ...... ill have to sus out the engine bay of one of the new rollas to see what the G O is ....... keep us up to date on ur progress.

But y spend all that money?? when at the end of the day he is only goin to use a T25!!!!!

If ur gona build internals up might aswell geta turbo to utilise the stronger internals...

because im sure a lot of thought and reasoning has gone into selecting the T25 .........

HAHAH...

hermmm T25 run 12psi and make F all torque

or a Gtseries half the boost more torque more power and all the way to the redline....

Yeah ill pick t25 :)

see ..... i knew u would come 2 ur senses and see reason .....

Plus i love the lag of a T25...

Its great brings me back to the good old ET pulsar days....

Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing redline dam gotta shift......

T25 had as much lag as my T3/4 but made ten times less power hahagagaga

Plus i love the lag of a T25...

Its great brings me back to the good old ET pulsar days....

Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing redline dam gotta shift......

T25 had as much lag as my T3/4 but made ten times less power hahagagaga

again good to see ur justifying the choice of turbo.......

thanks every one. The new garrent BALL bearing turbo, is going to be quick as compared to old Turbos.

I have spoken to Rigolli....I am sure you know who I am talking about, he is only 5 minutes from my work.

For my corrolla, no mod internal required for 160Kw....he wants 8000$. I have told him I want reliability. And this is what he said.

thanks every one. The new garrent BALL bearing turbo, is going to be quick as compared to old Turbos.

I have spoken to Rigolli....I am sure you know who I am talking about, he is only 5 minutes from my work.

For my corrolla, no mod internal required for 160Kw....he wants 8000$. I have told him I want reliability. And this is what he said.

Oh Chopin i hope u have your flame suit on because you're about to get bent over by every member of this forum for making claims like this!

Firstly, dropping names like Rigoli isn't going to get u anywhere. I highly doubt even they have cracked open a new rolla and looked at the internals. I've searched and can't find any pics of the internals. Do u have any?

Also, you say they will charge u 8k but won't touch the internals. What are they doing then? Thats pretty steep for just bolting on a turbo, because of course its that easy. And even i can see that 160kw off standard internals, mate are u sure they weren't taking the p!ss out of you?

If i was you, i'd go away and think about what u have said, and then come back and clarify everything.

as someone said in another thread...

Reliable v Powerful v Affordable.

You can only ever have 2. Now which 2 are u going for with your 8k 160kw standard internal corolla?

Thanks for your kind word Mick. Call me John from now.

160kw is what he said(rigolli), I just take his word for it....but may be its too optimistic or BS too much.

So bascially, I just want a bolt on turbo with no internal mod, any increase in power and torque I would be much appreciated. So base on your knowledge, IS it feasiable for my corolla to run on Bolt on turbos? if so, what % power do I gain?(estimate)

Edited by chopin2

I think you are asking some pretty hard questions. Without knowing the threshold that the stock internals can handle you can't just say tell me which turbo will bolt on and what power will it give me. As Mickey said without Rigoli knowing what the internals are like they can't really say, Yeap $8000 and you will have a weapon. Ok for cars they have done several times they can say say that for sure but not with a motor thats only been out for such a short amount of time. At the end of the day, if you want to be the first, let them take the car for a few weeks, run some tests, let you know the results and your options, then be the first!!

That's just a complete unknown.

No-one here that I know of is yet to know what Internals are like on the new engine, so you will need to do alot of research into it.

No doubt though the 2zr-fe's internals will be designed to be light weight and efficient, so that means skinny little rods etc etc, just like the 1zz-fe. There is a reason for the relatively low red-line. If it was stronger - Toyota would set a higher red line.

I think what MT is getting at is $8k is quite alot of dough for a bolt on turbo set up with no internal work at all (Essentially what many people can do in their own garage, let alone a work shop).

Have a look at Xoom's garage to see what is involved to make a strong and reliable turbo set up and you can see where alot of money would go.

thanks guys,

The low red line on the corolla may due to the cam shaft profile :rolleyes:

Rigolli need the car for 4 weeks(may be this is why he is doing his trials).

But really with that 8000$ is quite a lot; I should do more research, eg revrite perfromance and Xoom.

yes, I betr off to drop my compression to 8:5:1 for a safe start.

At the biggining of this thread u said u were building a sleeper..

And wanted to chop ppl and them ask ya if its turbo????

Now ur goin the opposite way....???

And then ur tellinmg ppl your car does so and so to a 100...

i can see all that ur saying will end in tears...

After u install the turbo i give u 1 month before u blow the Sh%^& out of ur motor...