toyota mp3 6cd stacker how much

Hey guys,

Was wondering if anyone knows how much one of these units cost brand new from toyota if they do sell them and also how much people usually sell them second hand.

Also in saying this how much would you pay for one considering there are other mp3 head units out there. Am i better off with another kind of head unit. I plan on running whatever head unit i buy with a sub and amp.

thanks guys.

but look in the classifieds.. klara is selling one for $150 (which is a heaps good price

Well if i'm correct i believe that is a single mp3 head unit not a 6 cd stacker. So i would think prices would be different.

I have also noticed on ebay there is alot of DVD head units from places like hong kong and china that sell quite cheaply, wondering whether they are worth a crack.

They're around $1200 - $1500 new from Toyota so don't worry about that option lol...

Ebay price is around $500 average for the 6 Stack units...

Don't bother buying one second hand as they do play up and will be expensive to fix as it won't be warranty...

You're better off getting a CD player from Pioneer, Kenwood or something like that... For around the $400 mark you'll have something a **** load better than standard, with RCA Pre-Outs ready to go :) :) :) ...

yeah i agree with rolla boy. i went to a strathfield car audio midnight sale and just bought a cd player. didnt plan on gettin one but found a very cheap pioneer cd player for $420.(RRP $950 on pioneer website). anyways as soon as i got the new cd player in i was wondering why i didnt upgrade a long time ago. so much more louder and clearer then sock cd player. i had the mp3 6 stacker.

Oh well missed a bargain that i was bidding on ebay. The mp3 6 cd stacker went for $215 this was out of a 2006 Prado. I was only willing to pay $150 but knowing what you guys just told me i might have spent the $250 for it.

I have also noticed there are some cheap in car DVD players with 7inch screens going quite cheap from places like Hong Kong. Can anyone shed some light on these units. Looks like some are going relatively cheap around the $300 mark.

Oh well missed a bargain that i was bidding on ebay. The mp3 6 cd stacker went for $215 this was out of a 2006 Prado. I was only willing to pay $150 but knowing what you guys just told me i might have spent the $250 for it.

I have also noticed there are some cheap in car DVD players with 7inch screens going quite cheap from places like Hong Kong. Can anyone shed some light on these units. Looks like some are going relatively cheap around the $300 mark.

I personally wouldnt go for the no-name DVD players off ebay. I bought a Clarion DVD 7" screen combo for around $1300 at least i know it has warranty. Made of quality solid parts and is reputable. Even if you spend say $400 off an ebay item, most of them dont have warranty, even if they do, you gotta screw around for weeks, sending them back to HONG KONG at your expense to repair them.

Whats the logical answer.

You dont have to go out and buy a unit in the thousands. Kenwood have dropped there prices on Double din units, can get 1 for under 1k

I have the 6-disc stacker in my Vienta that I'm not using anymore. I've also got the stock double din deck that comes with it.

It's been replaced with a Clarion DXZ775MP with AUX-IN and I've got all the music I could listen to on my iRiver anyway.

If you're interested, drop me a PM.

Well if i'm correct i believe that is a single mp3 head unit not a 6 cd stacker. So i would think prices would be different.

I have also noticed on ebay there is alot of DVD head units from places like hong kong and china that sell quite cheaply, wondering whether they are worth a crack.

Nope I paid $150 for mine inclusive of postage.

I missed a few that were sold here for $100~$120.

And yes im talking about the 6 CD Mp3... thats what i got in my car atm.