How to remove badges

Adrian

Hi,

I want to remove a copule of the badges form the rear boot (personal preference). Is there any technique ? I take that they just peal off then clean the crap that is left behind ? I'll leave the big ugly toyota symbol.

Thanks

Adrian

Edited by Adrian

if its not snapped on to the car e.g. a sticker based badge, Use a hairdryer on it until it get very hot and should be easy to peel off like stickers.

Otherwise there are adhesive dissolving agents out there, not sure if autobarn, repco would keep it as stock but they should. but always make sure you test it out before application as you dont want to damage the cars coat in anyway...

Thanks guys,

I did it on the week end & all worked fine. I used metho to remove the gunk & cleaning wax to remove the residue, but it wasn't easy work, will use Eucalyptus Oil as suggested next time.

Removed the "Aurion" , "Sportivo" & left he Sx6 badge there for now, but it will probably go too. & yes I was left with the gunk on the back of the badge as well (but expected), couldn't be bothered as yet to remove that. Thinkig of putting the Sportivo badge somewhere else, maybe the grill ??

Thanks for your advice about the removal.

Adrian

Thanks guys,

I did it on the week end & all worked fine. I used metho to remove the gunk & cleaning wax to remove the residue, but it wasn't easy work, will use Eucalyptus Oil as suggested next time.

Removed the "Aurion" , "Sportivo" & left he Sx6 badge there for now, but it will probably go too. & yes I was left with the gunk on the back of the badge as well (but expected), couldn't be bothered as yet to remove that. Thinkig of putting the Sportivo badge somewhere else, maybe the grill ??

Adrian

Get a TRD badge hehe :)

Thanks guys,

Adrian

Get a TRD badge hehe :)

hairdryer and leave the car in the sun works great ,

and use a fish line to...."fish" it out !! :P

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

yea i got impatient and just ripped the side stripe things off my corolla.... and ive been like 2 hours trying to get the left behind sticky stuff off 2 of the doors... dumb move on my behalf.. dont do it the hard way!! lol use a heatgun or leave it in the sun.... anyway im getting back to the 3rd door :P

• 4 months later...

I just debadged my Aurion.

One tip.... When using a hairdryer and the badge is off there are some tips floating around the internet saying you can rub off the goo left behind. That is correct, but what you dont want to do is rub hard with your pointer finger until it burns. Use your whole hand or you'll get what happened to me in the photo below.

image0731.th.jpg

IT Manager hands....

Also, is it gay that the first "mod" I did to my car involved a hairdryer? And to add even more insult the fact that I hurt my self with it?

Edited by Hidden Taco

i was toying around with the idea of debadging the rear bootlid as well myself but i noticed that the the area surounding the badge had been 'bezelled' into the panel itself, so even if you remove the badge perfectly, it'll look odd coz you can still clearly see an oval 'indentation in the bodywork of the boot itself (hope that makes sense it's 3am lol)

i was toying around with the idea of debadging the rear bootlid as well myself but i noticed that the the area surounding the badge had been 'bezelled' into the panel itself, so even if you remove the badge perfectly, it'll look odd coz you can still clearly see an oval 'indentation in the bodywork of the boot itself (hope that makes sense it's 3am lol)

Not only that, there are two holes in the metal there to help align the badge. Only worth doing really if you have to repaint the boot lid or anything so you can then fill it in.

One tip.... When using a hairdryer and the badge is off there are some tips floating around the internet saying you can rub off the goo left behind. That is correct, but what you dont want to do is rub hard with your pointer finger until it burns. Use your whole hand or you'll get what happened to me in the photo below.

image0731.th.jpg

IT Manager hands....

Also, is it gay that the first "mod" I did to my car involved a hairdryer? And to add even more insult the fact that I hurt my self with it?

LOL... look on the bright side. You didn't break a nail! :o

;)

:D

image0731.th.jpg

IT Manager hands....

Made that mistake mate. :)