Kluger Price

Cyrus Pine

....but the worst part is apparently there is a 3 month wait on them???

Is this waiting period genuine? Also has anyone recently purchased a grande and if so was it a similar price.

I purchased a Grande 2WD recently and also have been told there is a three months wait for all Grande. Apparently there are a handful already with dealers but most dealers to not have any stock and all new ones coming into the country over the next few months are already accounted for. So unless your dealer already has one then it seems like a long wait for a Grande.

I paid 56,000 (on the road) for the 2WD Grande with carpet mats, cargo mat, sidesteps, front and rear sensors and mudflaps (that is a fleet price).

Where did you purchase the 2WD Grande from? Which dealer? $56,000 (on the road) is a great price. I want to buy the same car and I am looking around now.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi everyone - I'm new to this site, and finding it really valuable.

Looking at a 2WD KX-R 5 seater - what do you reckon is an average price to pay for on-road?

Thanks

Depends where you live, which we have no idea of. In Sydney metro, you should be able to drive away $39900 or probably better. It pays to shop around a fair bit.

I'm currently in the market for a KX-S (AWD) with mats (floor and boot), tint, and towbar.

Got a quote for $54.2K on the road, Melbourne. Not sure whether this is any good.

I have a couple of months - would like to order now to get delivery when my current lease expires.

Is this a good price? What is the current average lead time?

Cheers

Roger.

Edited by Kahnx

im gonna guess this is for a 2WD not AWD?

Depending on colour and if the dealer can network to get one. Otherwise, new from the factory, a car like can take 3 months. (as a dealer told us)

In the end, we ordered the car in August, got it in September. But the build date was July.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm currently in the market for a KX-S (AWD) with mats (floor and boot), tint, and towbar.

Got a quote for $54.2K on the road, Melbourne. Not sure whether this is any good.

I have a couple of months - would like to order now to get delivery when my current lease expires.

Cheers

Roger.

54 k sound good for AWD .

Cheers

Roger.

Try asking BKS, since he sells new toyota in your area.

D35

Hi all,

I bought a 2010 Built Kluger KX-R 2WD with 7 seats, mud flaps, carpet mats, window tints and rear parking sensors in Graphite for 43K drive away. I used this blog to haggle with two dealerships. Thanks again for all the information made available here. Delivery end of February.

Cheers,

Ussi

In Melbourne, I believe a good deal for a Kluger KX-S 2WD with sensors and mats is $50,500

that's about my best quote so far with no trade....

can anyone tell me where we can do better?

I'm sure after this week, the dealers will be desperate to clear out their 2009 plated stock...

Hoping to snare a bargain :rolleyes:

Hi all,

I bought a 2010 Built Kluger KX-R 2WD with 7 seats, mud flaps, carpet mats, window tints and rear parking sensors in Graphite for 43K drive away. I used this blog to haggle with two dealerships. Thanks again for all the information made available here. Delivery end of February.

Cheers,

Ussi

Hi there, which dealership or whereabouts in Sydney did you get it from. I am looking for the same but with roof racks and towbar as well.

Thanks

Nada

Hi Nada, sorry if I was too late in responding. I've booked mine with Penant Hills Toyota

Hi all,

Cheers,

Ussi

Hi there, which dealership or whereabouts in Sydney did you get it from. I am looking for the same but with roof racks and towbar as well.

Thanks

Nada

Hi guys,

New member here and today I put a deposit on my first ever Toyota. (been driving for over 24 years)

Its a 2008 KX-S Kluger demo, silver in color, black leather interior, 7 seater and 8,000klms on it.

Drives like a dream and spotless throughout.(been on the showroom floor)

Getting it for $45,500 including all on roads and 6 months rego.

Hope thats a good price. Cheers.

PS-Great forum!!!

Hi guys,

New member here and today I put a deposit on my first ever Toyota. (been driving for over 24 years)

Its a 2008 KX-S Kluger demo, silver in color, black leather interior, 7 seater and 8,000klms on it.

Drives like a dream and spotless throughout.(been on the showroom floor)

Getting it for $45,500 including all on roads and 6 months rego.

Hope thats a good price. Cheers.

PS-Great forum!!!

AWD or FWD?

It's a FWD. I have been reading the FWD is slightly more economical.

The car was first registered by Toyota in May 2009.

It may be a very old demo for some but hey its been in a showroom most of its life. It's definitely the nicest and youngest car I have ever brought.

Edited by Cobbo

well guys we are arriving in perth end of this week and on friday/saturday i am going to buy a kluger.

prefer 4WD and 7 seats if I can get one.

How about this

http://www.discountusedcars.com.au/used-ca...er/7729421.aspx

GSU45-R

$36,999*

Transmission: Semi-Automatic Reg Exp:

Year: 2008 Reg No: KBC17527

Engine Size: 3456 Body: Wagon

Km's: 36,917 Fuel Type: Unleaded

Internal Colour:

I am thinking I can get this price down to 35K. Any ideas?

I was really expecting the dealer prices to be higher than they are...as per the UK. In the UK the dealers have really higher prices that private sales or large car supermarkets.

Hi All,

Have made the decision to purchase a Kluger (3 kids!), and this forum definitely helped make the decision, which wasn’t easy.

Tossing up between a new KX-S and a year old version.

Have an offer of a 2010 KS-X AWD (no extras apart from metallic paint) for $54k drive away, including full year of rego.

Should extras be a part of any deal – seems most posters on this forum have a few. Any thoughts on the deal?

Cheers

Hi All,

Have made the decision to purchase a Kluger (3 kids!), and this forum definitely helped make the decision, which wasn’t easy.

Tossing up between a new KX-S and a year old version.

Have an offer of a 2010 KS-X AWD (no extras apart from metallic paint) for $54k drive away, including full year of rego.

Should extras be a part of any deal – seems most posters on this forum have a few. Any thoughts on the deal?

Cheers

I got all my extras through the dealer when I bought the car, however it was probably quite a bit pricier that way.

I recently bought a Mazda 3 and decided to get the accessories aftermarket. It was only later that I discovered some of the accessories weren't available aftermarket and I had to go back through the dealer and pay the premium price they wanted. If they were part of the deal then I would have probably been able to negotiate a slightly better price (at the end of the day we're only talking a $100-$200 more on the small number of accessories I wanted).

Next vehicle purchase I'll find out what is available aftermarket and get some prices for the items I want and then use it to get the dealer's price down on those items. Once the accessories price is down, start negotiating on the whole of car price.

Also, suggest you investigate some of the car broker services once you have your lowest price. If you or your spouse are a member of a union there is a free service available from www.unionshopper.com.au but I haven't used any of them before so can't make any recommendations.