Mini Cooper Chilli Vs Sportivo

I have a work colleague who just bough a Mini Cooper Chilli and wants a drag with my Sportivo- He is really confident the Mini is going to kill the Sportivo.

What are your thoughts? I have a 2005 Sportivo with CES headers + CES exhaust and a short ram intake. Is it worth my while dragging him at a drag park and putting a bet down?

Looking at the chilli specs my sportivo should at least keep up with it?

What is a Chilli??? If it's a stock cooper S then you will beat it as I have done so on a few occasions. the only Mini you prolly wont beat and if you do it's because they were a crap driver is the works edition. you wont get thrashed but it will beat beat by a lil bit.

I have a work colleague who just bough a Mini Cooper Chilli and wants a drag with my Sportivo- He is really confident the Mini is going to kill the Sportivo.

What are your thoughts? I have a 2005 Sportivo with CES headers + CES exhaust and a short ram intake. Is it worth my while dragging him at a drag park and putting a bet down?

Looking at the chilli specs my sportivo should at least keep up with it?

if ur in NSW i'll let him bring it to WSID and i'll run him representing the sportivo contingent ;) ;) ;) ;)

The Mini's are all bark and no bite IMHO.

If you want solid numbers, check out the hillclimb thread and see that Micky beat a John Cooper Works edition in his Sportivo...

Oh wait a second :P I beat it too... 1ZZ-FE to boot.

Forget the strip and take him to a local twisty circuit :P

Hmm i rekkon it'll be a pretty fair challenge mate, my sister own's an S and i give it a lil hoon every now and then and that thing is a little rocket if you can drive it properly. my sister's mini is made for track and is pretty much stock apart from all suspension work and upgraded brakes. i think the chilli is a little more powerful but basically just has all the options where optional for S. have always wanted to see it against a sportivo to see how it does. you will need a perfect 1-2 gear change for this.

I've upset a few pretty boys in Cooper S' in my Sportivo. I tell you they didn't like it one little bit either....

harsh reality isn't it? i guess cooper leans more towards a fashion car than a sport car, althought their handling is beautiful.

no offence to any corolla owners but if i had the cash, i would choose mini over a corolla, but then again there is a pretty massive price difference between the two.

wow all you boys!! its always a pi$$ing competition isnt it :P

if it were about money and what we could afford i would certainly buy a hummer and just drive over all of you. it's not even about whos faster in a hummer. hehehe :lol:

but yeah it would be an interesting watch at eastern creek if you and your co worker are in sydney especially if xoom was involved :P i'd for sure pay to see that :D

if it were about money and what we could afford i would certainly buy a hummer and just drive over all of you. it's not even about whos faster in a hummer. hehehe :lol:

I would not go near the things test drove a H3 to have a look see, quality was so bad I was worried about it making it back to the dealership intact, absolutely woeful. Then the handling is also completely crapola.

I would not go near the things test drove a H3 to have a look see, quality was so bad I was worried about it making it back to the dealership intact, absolutely woeful. Then the handling is also completely crapola.

being that is a big friggen 4WD I dont think it was designed to be a handling mobile. Plus it's american made so there's your answer on quality fit and finish.

Mish i thought you would have bought a convertible hot pink Vw Beetle(new one) and drove around with the top down and your music blarring to drown out the screams from your kids :toast:

yeah thats cause the hummer was essentially a millitary vehicle

and on paper the specs look close but untill you get them side my side you wont tell for sure

if you can get the 1-2 gearchange right itll help lol! thats always the hard one.

if your worried you wont win then lighten up and pull a few interior parts out

or yeah get xoom to represent if your mate doesnt have an issue with it being turbo

being that is a big friggen 4WD I dont think it was designed to be a handling mobile. Plus it's american made so there's your answer on quality fit and finish.

Mish i thought you would have bought a convertible hot pink Vw Beetle(new one) and drove around with the top down and your music blarring to drown out the screams from your kids :toast:

i wouldn't even care about quality and handling in a hummer its something that mark would complain about. i wanna be the beast in the shops and watch people try and get my parking space when im in that!!! if they don't move i'll drive on top of them!! :P and beside its perfect for us 6 seats!!

i dont think the pink beetle would suit me but i know a hummer would just like this one with the phat rims hehehe :lol:

hummer.jpg

I'm talking in terms of 4WD's and H3 isn't really big at all. It's built on the chassis of the previous generation Izuzu/Holden Rodeo....

I've upset a few pretty boys in Cooper S' in my Sportivo. I tell you they didn't like it one little bit either....

Ahh, I don't find too many of these but it's certainly a fun go against the '05 sportivo. Lay down the light bets campeon it'll be a good match.

If I had the money I'd be an International Super Villain and have an underground lair built in a volcano on a remote island in the pacific, but hey that's just me.

Carlo would be Number 2...

"Dr. Evil, wouldn't it be easier to use your knowledge of the future to play the stock market? We could literally make trillions!"

It is a cooper S Chilli apparently the difference is that the cooper S is supercharged and the S Chilli is Turbocharged (125KW from Redbook).

The OLD Mini Cooper S was supercharged, the NEW Mini Cooper S is turbocharged. There have been Chilli versions of both, in each case it is purely a cosmetic upgrade, identical drivetrain.

yeah thats cause the hummer was essentially a millitary vehicle

The H3 is hardly a military vehicle. It is just designed to look like one. The original H1 Hummer is essentially a road-going version of the AM General HMMWV (known as the Humvee) which is the current US military "jeep".

The H3 is hardly a military vehicle. It is just designed to look like one. The original H1 Hummer is essentially a road-going version of the AM General HMMWV (known as the Humvee) which is the current US military "jeep".

im saying it WAS of course its not now