Aurions and P-Platers

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fujiwara_tofu

u would be surprised at how many peeps take a loan out for the purchase of one of the listed cars and write it off.

>., <;;;

Edited by fujiwara_tofu

just so people know the QLD P Plater laws restrict people from driving an Aurion.

As its 200KW or more i believe.

Had a police officer have to double check when i got my licence as i had it renewed after the laws came in and the fool couldnt work it out from when my opens kick in...

just so people know the QLD P Plater laws restrict people from driving an Aurion.

As its 200KW or more i believe.

high powered cars

If you look at the Transport QLD pdf in the link (on page 6) - it says that the Aurion is a "permitted example". It is ok for a QLD P plater to drive an Aurion...

• 2 weeks later...

i dont think the aurion is restricted for p-platers.

I read in a letter in carsguide with a p-plater saying he can drive a sport aurion yet can't drive a massive people mover cx-9. (his words not mine).\

But why would you want to drive a people mover anyway...

unless its the new fashion thing :toast:

No But DAD probably can. Have a look round Uni car parks these days and it's a bit sad. When I was at unit in the 70's when it was free by the way I rode a cheap ****y motorbike. these days Uni costs heaps but there seems to be no shortage of wealthy studnets probably fee paying from overseas i guess.

yeah those asian students and their parents filthy money :P....oooo i secretly envy them!!!

I honestly think the Aurion is not a good choice as a first car - especially for somebody who has just got onto P's. I have been driving for years, and even I get a bit scared of what the Aurion is capable of! For a P-plater with limited experience driving, it could potentially become dangerous to both the driver and other people on the road. Starting off with a smaller, less powerful car is a much better way to start - and it leaves something to look forward to once they are ready!

Just my thoughts anyway. I know I would never be happy with my kids driving something like the Aurion until they are ready!

• 4 months later...
I honestly think the Aurion is not a good choice as a first car - especially for somebody who has just got onto P's. I have been driving for years, and even I get a bit scared of what the Aurion is capable of! For a P-plater with limited experience driving, it could potentially become dangerous to both the driver and other people on the road. Starting off with a smaller, less powerful car is a much better way to start - and it leaves something to look forward to once they are ready!

Just my thoughts anyway. I know I would never be happy with my kids driving something like the Aurion until they are ready!

I agree, when I was on my P's I had a Pulsar with the SR20 in it, and I flogged that car for all it was worth. Got myself into situations I wouldnt have if I had the civic I bought after I wrote that car off. I can only imagine the stupid ***** I would have done in an aurion.

its got the 200kw we know that

"problem" is its also smooth and quiet

for my test drive I thought I tapped the pedal lightly

3 seconds later speeding warning beeped

totally unexpected

I recall someone here said he drove the Aurion for a while

but now and then it scares him what the engine can do

In QLD the limit is 200kw. But i thought the Aurion made 202 or 204kilowatts depending on what fuel grade you use? So if the Aurion is permitted, would the CX9 (204kw) or the Accord V6 (202kw) be permitted as well?

I recall someone here said he drove the Aurion for a while

but now and then it scares him what the engine can do

I remember reading that as well. I can't remember the thread. I was like that at first, but now I've gotten used to it to the point that it just isn't as exhilarating as it used to be. It's about time for a supercharger, lol.

what speed warning beep?

The user-settable over-speed warning that is integrated into the clock above the centre A/C vents. I have mine set at 130km/h.. only because it doesn't go any higher. :ph34r: Actually, it's useful when testing your 0-100 times. Just set it to 100km/h then when you first hear it beep, you stop the stopwatch.

In QLD the limit is 200kw. But i thought the Aurion made 202 or 204kilowatts depending on what fuel grade you use? So if the Aurion is permitted, would the CX9 (204kw) or the Accord V6 (202kw) be permitted as well?

I guess it's all about the 'official' published figure. Toyota don't mention in their specifications on their site that the Aurion can produce 204kW with premium unleaded.

It probably isnt the best choice for a first car, But better an aurion with its safety features, than an old commodore or falcon that may not even have airbags...

I am just glad that I got my P's in queensland well before the new laws, so I have no restrictions and do not have to display P plates.

Edited by mick.wheelz

It probably isnt the best choice for a first car, But better an aurion with its safety features, than an old commodore or falcon that may not even have airbags...

just let those crazy P die in their commodore or falcon, if they are that stupid and no sense of driving, why lives on? Just die, before bringing mishaps to other road users..

just let those crazy P die in their commodore or falcon, if they are that stupid and no sense of driving, why lives on? Just die, before bringing mishaps to other road users..

Thats a bit harsh! Yeah a lot of P Platers are dickheads..... but saying they should all die is going a bit far.

What about the poor p plater in the falcon or commodore who gets hit, do they deserve to die?

dieing is a bit harsh i think, i think we all did stupid things on our p plates showing of etc thinking we are invicible some have the unfortunate event of learning the hard way then not having the chance to learn again and yeah what about the por crew in the other car

I'll admit, I did some crazy stuff while on my P's. There's no excuse for my driving back then, but I can say I'm glad I had only a 4 cylinder Camry. No matter what, there is always going to be reckless P platers. It's just you have those that are responsible enough to know where to draw the line, then you have the ones that are just plain stupid. If any of you saw Today Tonight the other night... now that's serious stupidity.

No matter what, there is always going to be reckless P platers. It's just you have those that are responsible enough to know where to draw the line, then you have the ones that are just plain stupid. If any of you saw Today Tonight the other night... now that's serious stupidity.

those on todaytonite are still acceptable(CONDITION APPLY), IF they rnt doing it on the road where there r other road users.

Imagine, if that stupid hyundie driver and tat girl died in the drag race, where there is no one else, then it is acceptable(for me at least). BUT if they did the race in open road, and get themselves killed+an old lady crossing the road after going church, then i will give her dead body a kick :angry: (+congratulate her mom on her dead son/daughter :D )

I will make something clear first, some "hooning" r acceptable(the term-hoon is toooo wide), but if a driver over do it and causing great danger to other roadusers, then, IF that driver died, he deserved it. agree? <_<

If a P plater just innocently didnt know how to drive 'properly'(for exp: entering a hwy and driving <40kmph and not providing the other car user enough space to brake or sitting SOOOO close to the sterring wheel till he/she CANT SEE the side mirror!!), then i m glad to just slow down, and give way to him/her first..

http://au.todaytonight.yahoo.com/video#

click te "undercover investigation on street racing"

for exp: a kid on today tonight said something similar to this..

"..i rekon people have got more control over a car when you r goin faster, coz when ur goin slower ur more paranoid, like wats goin on, but when ur going faster, and everyone else going quik and and.. ur just going u know, u know wats goin on..." around 8.15 in the vid

does he deserves to xxx?

You will always have both sides of the argument. In most cases, you get what you deserve. You don't learn much by dying though. If you were seriously injured, then there are lessons to be learn. The thing with people like those that were shown on TT the other night is that they may be defending themselves in that situation saying that the surroundings were safe, but I could bet that they are the types of people that would drive like maniacs on the road as well. Any form of racing or dangerous driving on the road is never suitable, regardless of whether the road is empty or not.

for exp: a kid on today tonight said something similar to this..

"..i rekon people have got more control over a car when you r goin faster, coz when ur goin slower ur more paranoid, like wats goin on, but when ur going faster, and everyone else going quik and and.. ur just going u know, u know wats goin on..." around 8.15 in the vid

Yeah... and what if he locks his wheels at high speed?

I'm in no way trying to be an advocate with this whole fight against hooning. It's never really going to stop; it's just the mindset that these people have that's so stupid.