How to adjust the bluetooth microphone volume

Rahman Wijaja

Ah yeah. I have done it and up the level to +2. It is marginally better.

I was advised by some American in Toyota Nation not to go overboard, the sound will be worse; they suggest +2. Anyone try otherwise?

• 4 weeks later...
found this trick to adjust your bluetooth microphone

http://www.toyotafans.net/microphone-volum...table-t4450.htm

i'm glad you've found a solution for the Sat nav units. My dealer continues to deny any knowledge of how to adjust mic the sensitivity on KX-S 6 stack blue tooth, I've given up shouting at the F*c#ing thing. Seriously the dealer told me to turn up the volume! How do these companies keep hold of their dealerships.

For the record, the petrol goes in the radiator thingy, under the bonnet near the extra round rubber ring.

Ok. with the rant out of the way, has anyone got any info from Toyota in Australia on how to fix the mic sensitivity on the 6 stack?

Cheers

i'm glad you've found a solution for the Sat nav units. My dealer continues to deny any knowledge of how to adjust mic the sensitivity on KX-S 6 stack blue tooth, I've given up shouting at the F*c#ing thing. Seriously the dealer told me to turn up the volume! How do these companies keep hold of their dealerships.

This only applies to AVNs (i.e. Kluger Grande, Aurion Presara, LC200 Sahara etc). Fujitsu 10 are currently engineering a fix for the double-din bluetooth headunits with poor mic sensitivity. We're expecting a bulletin from TMCA about it anyday now... :whistling:

Edited by pinzvidz

This only applies to AVNs (i.e. Kluger Grande, Aurion Presara, LC200 Sahara etc). Fujitsu 10 are currently engineering a fix for the double-din bluetooth headunits with poor mic sensitivity. We're expecting a bulletin from TMCA about it anyday now... :whistling:

Pinzvidz, thanks for the reply. Would you mind posting an update if they come through with a bulletin?

pinzvidz

Please post a reply for KX-S mic problem, if and when you receive it.

I've the same problem and I'm sick off the looks people give, as I lean towards the dash whilst I yell and talk to it.

I am not sure if this fixes a problem, but I have the KXS, and most people complained that I was coming accross as very faint whilst in call for the first couple of days - then I did the following...

Turn the volume dial to max (From memory the indicator is "14") whilst you are IN A CALL (yes, the dial for the On / Off switch) - this does not affect the normal volume of the radio. Direct your speach towards the radio - the mic appears situated in the radio unit. I have a Samsung Blackjack, and I am using the car as a virtual office - no worries ever since (perhaps just lucky)

• 2 weeks later...
I am not sure if this fixes a problem, but I have the KXS, and most people complained that I was coming accross as very faint whilst in call for the first couple of days - then I did the following...

Turn the volume dial to max (From memory the indicator is "14") whilst you are IN A CALL (yes, the dial for the On / Off switch) - this does not affect the normal volume of the radio. Direct your speach towards the radio - the mic appears situated in the radio unit. I have a Samsung Blackjack, and I am using the car as a virtual office - no worries ever since (perhaps just lucky)

Hi all, new to this thread and the forum in general. I have a KX-R with the 6stack bluetooth - what a waste of money. I ordered the damn thing to use as a mobile office. :whistling: The dealer has not been overly useful, helpful but unable to resolve the issue. My service advisor told me that it can be phone specific and the unit does not like Nokias (which I can confirm, I've tried a 6110 Nav & 6230i & 6310i) nor does it like Blackberry or ZTE (Telstra) brands. all of these have worked when stationary but once moving, forget it. Sony Ericson seems to be a little better. Any update on the alleged fix?

Pete

Hi all, new to this thread and the forum in general. I have a KX-R with the 6stack bluetooth - what a waste of money. I ordered the damn thing to use as a mobile office. :whistling: The dealer has not been overly useful, helpful but unable to resolve the issue. My service advisor told me that it can be phone specific and the unit does not like Nokias (which I can confirm, I've tried a 6110 Nav & 6230i & 6310i) nor does it like Blackberry or ZTE (Telstra) brands. all of these have worked when stationary but once moving, forget it. Sony Ericson seems to be a little better. Any update on the alleged fix?

Pete

<_< Well, as was expected the dealer couldn't find any fault. I actually spoke to someone at FujitsuTen who advised that there is no software upgrade / update and that from he point of view, my unit was faulty and should be replaced. I tried the volume adjustment as described above, it did help. Now the decision is to whether to continue to have a dust up with the dealer. :unsure:

Pete

<_< Well, as was expected the dealer couldn't find any fault. I actually spoke to someone at FujitsuTen who advised that there is no software upgrade / update and that from he point of view, my unit was faulty and should be replaced. I tried the volume adjustment as described above, it did help. Now the decision is to whether to continue to have a dust up with the dealer. :unsure:

I have a KX-R with the upgraded bluetooth audio and it pairs fine with my Nokia 6120 and my wife's Sony.

One thing I learnt - you cannot access the bluetooth menu or change phones when moving - safety thing. You sure this is not your problem?

Cheers Paul

Yes, the BT feature is disabled when you are moving. If you really want, you can cut the speed sensor unit that connects to the back of the audio. I believe it's a purple/pink line but do double check it first. Of course don't do this if you have a sat nav unit... you need the speed signal to guesstimate your position inside a tunnel.

Thanks guys. I had my Nokia serviced and the latest software installed. It seems a little better. I've only ever paired up while standing still, the stereo unit is too big a pain to even try that while moving. Sony Ericssen phone seem to work fine but my phones are Nokia (private & work) and a damn Blackberry. :huh: If I'd known, I would have just installed a normal car kit.

• 4 weeks later...
found this trick to adjust your bluetooth microphone

http://www.toyotafans.net/microphone-volum...table-t4450.htm

For the record, the petrol goes in the radiator thingy, under the bonnet near the extra round rubber ring.

Ok. with the rant out of the way, has anyone got any info from Toyota in Australia on how to fix the mic sensitivity on the 6 stack?

Cheers

Here's an update on the current situation. I took our KX-S in for its first service last week and had Bluetooth mic sensitivity on the list for attention. When I spoke to the service guys they said there was a known fault with the 6 stacker ( they had reported 20 complaints to TMCA), that Fujitsu 10 were working on a fix but they had no idea when it would be ready.

Frankly thats not good enough, how long should we have to wait? They have acknowledged the unit is faulty and therefore its not fit for purpose. they should therefore replace the unit with one that does work or give me compensation so I can go and buy one that does work.

I'll try calling Deparment of Fair Trading for some advice, and will of course keep the forum posted as developments occur.

Here's an update on the current situation. I took our KX-S in for its first service last week and had Bluetooth mic sensitivity on the list for attention. When I spoke to the service guys they said there was a known fault with the 6 stacker ( they had reported 20 complaints to TMCA), that Fujitsu 10 were working on a fix but they had no idea when it would be ready.

Frankly thats not good enough, how long should we have to wait? They have acknowledged the unit is faulty and therefore its not fit for purpose. they should therefore replace the unit with one that does work or give me compensation so I can go and buy one that does work.

I'll try calling Deparment of Fair Trading for some advice, and will of course keep the forum posted as developments occur.

Good luck, I just haven't had time to do that yet. My unit seems to work okay on one occasion then terrible the next without reason. The mechanic told me to keep complaining and get it replaced. I'm also going to try another dealer to see if they are any better. :help:

Hi. I have the standard 2008 KX-S and the bluetooth works great with both my Nokia 6085 (very cheap) and my husbands Imate Jas Jam. Can only have one at a time though and you can't swap when moving as was mentioned.

Why can't they hook the passenger pressure sensor to the audio so it knows when there is a passenger there to work the bluetooth while moving???

It's a little annoying to have to manually select which phone is connected to the Bluetooth at any time. My Mits Triton, also with factory Bluetooth, will select whatever phone happens to be in the car when the engine is started... However the volume isn't half as good as the Kluger Bluetooth so I'll live with the manual phone selection :)

• 7 years later...

Hey Guys,

Does anyone know what the procedure is for the Mic Adjustment on the 6 Stack KX-S Stereo? (the hyperlink is dead)

I recently bought a used 2008 KX-S and the outgoing volume is terrible...

Bummer, I only know how to adjust the Grande HU which is;

1. Display - HU
  2. Info - HU
  3. Light switch - twist it on/off x4
  4. Mic menu - Send sound (or whatever), turn it up to 2-3
  5. Test
  6. Profit
Edited by Speedz

• 1 month later...