Who is the Moderator of this Forum section?

(Rob, great Slutsky Equation reference :lol: )

Gigiddy...

Aurion drivers use the forum for different reasons. They are not enthusiasts, they are merely owners.

Even though there are a handful that 'are' enthusiasts though, I feel for those guys. They need more support.

One does not simply 'non-enthusiast cat' into......

...oh screw it I'm going to bed.

Maybe you haven't seen any posts from us Aurion owners as we are hard working people who cannot spend every night checking the forum. I try and check every 3-4 days to catch up on what's been happening.

What can you do to integrate us further? Well lets see, give us our *** dam own section for starters. What does an aurion and avalon have in common? Yeah an engine, four wheels and one spare, a steering wheel and few other things but that's it. What's this Aurion Sportivo rubbish?

Come on, give us an identity at least.

I do venture into the club lounge area and enjoy some of the comments made, but I'm and old *****, and to be honest, feel a little out of my league when discussing issues as I don't know that much about cars. That's why I'm here, to learn some more.

Anyway have a great day all, catch in the next 3-4 days, back to work for me.

Ciao

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply. I think you will find that most of the members on this forum do work full time as well, myself included.

I think that I need to state right here and now that this forum is the "Toyota Owners Club" Not the Corolla owners club, not the Aurion owners club, not the Celica owners club or any other model for that matter. The different sections are merely to break the forum up to keep things simple and organised. No, there isnt a section for every Toyota ever made, understandably so as there are only a few Toyota models that gain the attention of true enthusiasts.

I'm sorry that you arent happy with the fact that the Avalon and Aurion sections are grouped together. To me, this makes perfect sense.

- The Aurion is the (much improved) replacement vehicle for the Avalon, in the same way the Yaris is to the Echo. They dont have seperate sections either.

- I cannot think of one Avalon owner. However, if we did have an owner, they would have a section, otherwise we would hear them complaining instead.

To me, it seems like the Aurion members are only interested in their section. The person that started this thread hasnt even bothered to come back and reply! We are trying to help, but we need imput from all members to make this forum better for everyone. You need to understand that 6 months ago, this forum was 99% full of Corolla owners, and as such the majority of moderators turned out to be Corolla owners. Since then, different sections have increased in numbers and activity, and we want to accomodate this, but if the non-corolla members won't use the rest of the forum, I dont see what we can do to help.

More than happy to take suggestions.

I do agree we should have a 'independent' Aurion section even though Aurion supposed to supersede Avalon, they dont resemble and Aurion is all new car with Camry DNA but comes with a big fat efficient 3.5L V6... :spiteful:

Perhasp someone who is a regular in the section be nominated as the sole Mod for now? Or at least have a trial period to see if it works out...

Cheers

Thanks for replying as well Speedz. I agree, there are significant differences between the Aurion and the Avalon, which probably explains why they have probably sold more Aurions already :P But there is no denying that the Aurion has replaced the Avalon, and the Aurion and Camry are seperated in the same sense that the Avalon and Camry were seperated.

Happy to have an Aurion owner be a moderator, but they would be expected to contribute to the rest of the forum as well, not just the Aurion section. Just like the rest of the mods are going to take an increased interest in other sections than their specific vehicle.

Like I said above, its "Toyota Owners Club" :P

Maybe you haven't seen any posts from us Aurion owners as we are hard working people who cannot spend every night checking the forum. I try and check every 3-4 days to catch up on what's been happening.

What can you do to integrate us further? Well lets see, give us our *** dam own section for starters. What does an aurion and avalon have in common? Yeah an engine, four wheels and one spare, a steering wheel and few other things but that's it. What's this Aurion Sportivo rubbish?

I do venture into the club lounge area and enjoy some of the comments made, but I'm and old *****, and to be honest, feel a little out of my league when discussing issues as I don't know that much about cars. That's why I'm here, to learn some more.

Ciao

Pete

Such anger.

1. There are sweet FA active avalon members - so whats the problem sharing the space? We gave the Prius its own forum - apparently 1 person actually owns a prius <_<

2. You have your own section, as listed above. Aurion Sportivo happens to be.... an Aurion. Shock horror - perhaps we should set up an Aurion Sportivo section just for them too...

3. You apparently weren't here when the random Aurion guy rocked up and made a challenge for moderator. Then again, thats probably representative of your kind... only on here when you want something from everyone else (be it mechanical advice or a moderator's badge). If you are but a fringe dweller, why should you have an exclusive section, let alone your own exclusive moderator???

As for the rest of the Aurion section... I have no gripe with you :) . Rock on!

Just keep it the way it is, and quite all the flaming. Having a seperate section will not integrate anyone, anywhere.

Ciao

Pete

Such anger.

1. There are sweet FA active avalon members - so whats the problem sharing the space? We gave the Prius its own forum - apparently 1 person actually owns a prius <_<

2. You have your own section, as listed above. Aurion Sportivo happens to be.... an Aurion. Shock horror - perhaps we should set up an Aurion Sportivo section just for them too...

3. You apparently weren't here when the random Aurion guy rocked up and made a challenge for moderator. Then again, thats probably representative of your kind... only on here when you want something from everyone else (be it mechanical advice or a moderator's badge). If you are but a fringe dweller, why should you have an exclusive section, let alone your own exclusive moderator???

As for the rest of the Aurion section... I have no gripe with you :) . Rock on!

Just keep it the way it is, and quite all the flaming. Having a seperate section will not integrate anyone, anywhere.

Come on guys it was a tongue in cheek comment. I did get a little carried away though because some of the comments made, did hit a small nerve. I suppose in the end every person has there own needs. Obviously the average age of an Aurion driver is much higher than that of a Corolla driver, hense the reluctance to delve into other sections. (Yes that's right, some only want to know/find out something regarding their new purchase. It's a new car, there is no history there so there's alot to learn.)

I must confess I'm a little dissapointed with the way some members treat/repsond to comments made by Aurion owners. Look at the comments made by Leroy and Tayles, type casting all aurion owners as non enthusiasts and only being here to gain information from everyone else. Yeah that's why I joined :angry:

Mickey Tee: Thanks for your comment, you were spot on. I understand that if an Avalon owner were to join the forum then at least they would have a section to head to for comments. Although I don't think they will find too many comments regarding Avalons, but hey that's not the point. It's also great to see you acknowledge that it is the Toyota Owners Club. (Not the enthusiasts owners club :yahoo: )

Look, in the end everyone has the right and the privelige to be a member of a forum and if they only want to take part in certain sections then that's up to them. As I've stated previously, I enjoy reading comments made within the club lounge and other sections but have not made too many replies in these areas.

Cheers all and have a great day.

Pete

Well I dont have a 'Silver' member pass so I couldnt see some of the sections hence not much reply, I did look at the Yaris and replied there but rather quiet compared to ofcoz the Corollas...

And yes I use to turn up at Milton in your 'Rollas meet with the Yaris gang... :rolleyes:

Just an idea that the Aurion mod would also yes need to contribute to other sections but a mod with interest in modding the section with particular attention to the needs of the section would be nice...

Well I dont have a 'Silver' member pass so I couldnt see some of the sections hence not much reply, I did look at the Yaris and replied there but rather quiet compared to ofcoz the Corollas...

And yes I use to turn up at Milton in your 'Rollas meet with the Yaris gang... :rolleyes:

Just an idea that the Aurion mod would also yes need to contribute to other sections but a mod with interest in modding the section with particular attention to the needs of the section would be nice...

As far as I'm aware the only section you need silver membership for is the silver member's lounge.

I must confess I'm a little dissapointed with the way some members treat/repsond to comments made by Aurion owners. Look at the comments made by Leroy and Tayles, type casting all aurion owners as non enthusiasts and only being here to gain information from everyone else. Yeah that's why I joined :angry:

How are Aurion owners being typecast? I was aiming at you, specifically. Before 'challenge for moderation position cat" rocked up, Aurion people were doing exactly what the rest of us are doing... and will continue to do so.

I am hardly an enthusiast myself - my corolla is bog stock (an ascent - poor mans spec), with the exception of a different set of wheels.

It just annoys me that we all seem to agree that this is the Toyota club, not one specific model club, yet you want your very own section - even without Aurion Sportivos!! Danos was completely correct in saying:

Just keep it the way it is, and quit all the flaming. Having a separate section will not integrate anyone, anywhere

It is purely unfortunate for you that, historically, most of this forum is zze series corollas - now they dont make them anymore, so give it 6 months to a year and I'm sure there will be as many Aurion owners. Until then - quit rocking the boat.

Nothing personal,

Leroy

Edited by Leroy

I think we are enough for this war/debate..

Conclusion: Keep the way it has been, be happy, and love your car.(maybe addin love your forum too~) :idea:

Simple as that? Agree?

How are Aurion owners being typecast? I was aiming at you, specifically. Before 'challenge for moderation position cat" rocked up, Aurion people were doing exactly what the rest of us are doing... and will continue to do so.

I am hardly an enthusiast myself - my corolla is bog stock (an ascent - poor mans spec), with the exception of a different set of wheels.

It just annoys me that we all seem to agree that this is the Toyota club, not one specific model club, yet you want your very own section - even without Aurion Sportivos!! Danos was completely correct in saying:

Just keep it the way it is, and quit all the flaming. Having a separate section will not integrate anyone, anywhere

It is purely unfortunate for you that, historically, most of this forum is zze series corollas - now they dont make them anymore, so give it 6 months to a year and I'm sure there will be as many Aurion owners. Until then - quit rocking the boat.

Nothing personal,

Leroy

Thanks for the comments Leroy, it's good to see a little banter here and there because in the end we all want the same thing. I'm not trying to rock the boat, I was just putting my two cents worth because someone asked for a response. I suppose I was being a bit cheeky regarding having our own section but it was just a tongue in cheek comment really. Anyway I agree lets put this to rest and I think the current moderators do a great job, so let it be.

Cheers and look forward to some other (more intersting) discussions.

Cheers

My comments were typecasting because I felt the implication that Corolla owners are not hardworking and lack the responsibilities of Aurion drivers based on age. I come on the forum everyday, not because I am lazy, not because I am unemployed, not because I'm young and web-savvy, but because my car is not simply a purchase, but a hobby. I am a full time student with part time employment, my car is my fun and I am mates with a lot of blokes on the forum, that's why I like it here :)

No hard feelings :toast:

I being a moderator and an ex corolla Sportivo owner and now a Hilux owner am i think from memory the oldest of the mod team on here. In fact I'm 34 today(will accept belated wishes) and tend to disagree with comments made about Corolla's being for young blokes cause there are a hell of a lot of corolla and corolla Sportivo owners out there that are my age or there abouts. Yes the majority are younger but take stock and look at where they get most of their info and advice from?? From us older blokes who have been around longer and accumulated a lot more knowledge that is car related.

I agree with Micky 100000000000000000000000 % that aurion owners need to remember that this is a "TOYOTA" owners club and is not model specific to one model but moreso to all models.

Not sure about the other states but up here in Brissy we have a couple of Aurion owners who frequent the meet ups and events and they are welcomed by all the other toyota owners no matter what they drive or their age.

There are plenty of other sections apart from model specific ones that you can participate in(in Misc and workshop sections) and become apart of this forum as a whole and not just an offshoot that almost alienate yourselves from everyone else.

National meet is on up here in Brissy on 6-9th june(Queens B/day long w/end) and you guys are more than welcome to attend. I for one would ove to see some more Aurions and other models attend as I have seen everything you can possibly do to a Corolla inside and out and underneath as well. So come along and say hi and mingle with some like minded people who love their Toyota's just as much as you do.

cheers SB

now off to eat some birthday cake mmmm.....

Hi Micky_Tee,

Why I have not bother to reply, is that you all (Moderator and long time members) shot me down in flames to start with, so you can see why I have not bother to reply to this comment of your, we ask for something to STICKY and your answer was (we do not read every post,) well that was what I use to do as part of moderator job.

Is your moderator job different to mind, is why you are have problems, because you do not have enough rules given to your moderator on this forum!! as number one it to read every post, of your section.

That why we are swamped with NOOBES asking the same questions over and over again, no moderator control.

Read between the lines will always solve your problem as higher up the ladder the dumber they are as they have tunnel vision, not saying you are, so please understand as a member I cannot say at anytime that will be great to FLAG as a sticky, as the members are not informed of who to contact, to make this a sticky see where I'm coming from, you are all to high up in the clouds.

If you where doing your job probably as a moderator you would of pick up this and read the same post and action this to be a sticky, this is where it all started from, all because another member request a sticky.

Anyway you just waste my time reply to this, as nothing will come of this, I will redraw all my input from this forum over the next few days, as you do not listen.

Cheers Drew

lolz.. it seems like you are over-expecting what moderators do.. Read every posts? They have to work, study, have sex, have a REAL LIFE too? For example, look at nissansilvia forum, how many post do they have? 200+ post a day? Also, they have big sponsors, and i think this forum has none?

Meaning, the team has worked reasonably good and rather flaming them, why not appreciate and be happy with it..

Ok, not that i meant you are wrong, but saying in a good way, beware of causing unwanted "misunderstandings" and stop telling people how U work YR forum, coz this is a little like challenging their position or showing off.. NO OFFENSE.. it just seems to me like that..

Look at the history of this forum.. How much work they put into it to let it work.. I saw a lot of other forum which have less than 10 post per day.. sleepy.. boring.. talking nothing more than shxt..

hrm.. if i said something wrong, i will apologize first, coz i m not THAT good with my english..

Regarding keep saying people noob, please stop, it's a little insulting.. they may be young, may know not much bout cars, and LAZY, but that doesnt mean they are noob..? and capital letters are just over..

Hi Micky_Tee,

Why I have not bother to reply, is that you all (Moderator and long time members) shot me down in flames to start with, so you can see why I have not bother to reply to this comment of your, we ask for something to STICKY and your answer was we do not read every post.

No one has ever taken up the role.

Happy to pin things for you, just PM me with the details ;)

If that's being shot down in flames, well, I mean I'd hate to see what would happen if anyone on here Tony 'really' let loose on this guy.

Hi Micky_Tee,

Why I have not bother to reply, is that you all (Moderator and long time members) shot me down in flames to start with, so you can see why I have not bother to reply to this comment of your, we ask for something to STICKY and your answer was (we do not read every post,) well that was what I use to do as part of moderator job.

Is your moderator job different to mind, is why you are have problems, because you do not have enough rules given to your moderator on this forum!! as number one it to read every post, of your section.

That why we are swamped with NOOBES asking the same questions over and over again, no moderator control.

Read between the lines will always solve your problem as higher up the ladder the dumber they are as they have tunnel vision, not saying you are, so please understand as a member I cannot say at anytime that will be great to FLAG as a sticky, as the members are not informed of who to contact, to make this a sticky see where I'm coming from, you are all to high up in the clouds.

If you where doing your job probably as a moderator you would of pick up this and read the same post and action this to be a sticky, this is where it all started from, all because another member request a sticky.

Anyway you just waste my time reply to this, as nothing will come of this, I will redraw all my input from this forum over the next few days, as you do not listen.

Cheers Drew

Mate here is the deal......

You sit down and set up a post with all the info "NOOBES" keep asking about outling all the info they will need to know. Include part numbers, diagrams etc etc just as someone did in the Corolla section and then post it up. Send me a PM when you have done it and I will personally have it pinned at the top of this section.

Perhaps if you had of taken this approach in the first place and not started the whinging about the moderator team not doing their job this certainly would not have happened.

Look forward to hearing from you shortly as this obviously is something that annoys you understandably. Here's your chance to give back to the forum in a big way.