My Project...04 Written off sportivo.FINISHED!!!!

car bought....33,000km's..............one owner.............fell asleep at wheel............scored for $1500 yes $1500 :P AND STILL REGISTERED AND LICENSED

first i thought to buy for parts...then tried to heat/rebend chassis rails.....then got half cut....just in process of joining from firewall/bulkhead forward....(chassis rails are tubes within double box sections....i slotting the tube (male) into open box section (female..) under drivers feet this way it cant be NON square...AND IS NOT CLASSED AS A "CUT AND SHUT"

DSC07356.jpg

DSC07355.jpg

wreckfront.jpg

engineandstrut.jpg

stripped.jpg

afterheating.jpg

1andhalfcars.jpg

closingthegap.jpg

Edited by dazbuster

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wowses.

hahah imagine the look on my girlfriends mums face when returning from holiday to see one and a half cars in her lovely (previously spotless) driveway hahaha

mate your lucky to have a gf like that. and good luck with the car. also how badly damged is the engine that was in there?

Wow. Not bad. What did he smash into at what speed?

The front looks gone.

Will the chasis be able to maintain the rigidity? If you take a corner to fast, will it break into 2?

jeebus! Those original chassis rails are completely foooked up. Good luck with the build. Honestly though, i would always have doubts in my mind about the crash readiness of such a repaired car.

Also, I'm assuming the airbags where deployed. any luck sourcing a new Sportivo dash?

HAHAHA dont know if anyones noticed LOL but look the antenna is snapped, what happened there ? lols

what is it with girls and noticing small details? "Ooooh, the anttena is brocken" or "Oooh, why is there lipstick on your collar?"

HAHAHA dont know if anyones noticed LOL but look the antenna is snapped, what happened there ? lols

Not sure if you noticed, but there is also a big dint in the front :P

You only noticed the antenna because you were hoping to score a freebee weren't you?

Not sure if you noticed, but there is also a big dint in the front :P

You only noticed the antenna because you were hoping to score a freebee weren't you?

lols yeah badly its so hip, like i so need a bent antenna

what is it with girls and noticing small details? "Ooooh, the anttena is brocken" or "Oooh, why is there lipstick on your collar?"

lols alright buddy, calm down haha