Shell to phase out Shell V-Power Racing

Hi

I thought you’d be interested to know that from the end of July ‘08, Shell will start to phase out its Shell V-Power Racing fuel in Australia.

The Shell V-Power Racing phase out from Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, NSW & ACT will take around 6 months and will be finished at the end of the year.

Be assured that Shell V-Power, a 98 octane fuel, which has been developed with Ferrari, will be Shell’s performance fuel and continues to be available at Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, SA, NSW & ACT.

Changing needs of motorists and their vehicles has played a big part in Shell’s decision. Shell is currently increasing the availability of Shell Unleaded E10 at Shell branded sites to make it easier for motorists to access the ethanol blended fuel.

If anyone wants to find out more info on the phase out of Shell V-Power Racing you can visit www.shell.com.au or call 13 16 18 for tech or general enquiries.

Otherwise, shout out as I’m a Shell representative so I’m well placed to answer any queries.

Cheers Adam

just as well! i think the v-power racing had a bit of a placebo effect. i couldnt justify how anyone could spend the extra 10c per litre when i found personally it makes absolutely no difference to performance or fuel consumption as compared to regular v-power unleaded.

although i did always find it highly amusing when you see tryhards filling up their sss pulsars with it

Edited by lateralus

although i did always find it highly amusing when you see tryhards filling up their sss pulsars with it

haha yeah i have seen that happen before too...i think they should not totally phase it out...bt keep it exclusive to a few servos....

• 1 month later...

its not so much about fuel price i reckon, its just not enough demand..... Plus if it was 100oct not ethanol blend i would buy it.

well apparently there's only 1 servo station in sydney that has 100oct in Northmead (pure 100oct). but then again I think TT or ACA need to do some investigating there...

Edited by leasaunce

Hahaha, must of been me :spiteful:

Although I did give it a go, and it screwed around with my motor for a while...

when u had a motor..

Hi

I thought you’d be interested to know that from the end of July ‘08, Shell will start to phase out its Shell V-Power Racing fuel in Australia.

The Shell V-Power Racing phase out from Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, NSW & ACT will take around 6 months and will be finished at the end of the year.

Be assured that Shell V-Power, a 98 octane fuel, which has been developed with Ferrari, will be Shell’s performance fuel and continues to be available at Coles Express sites in QLD, VIC, SA, NSW & ACT.

Changing needs of motorists and their vehicles has played a big part in Shell’s decision. Shell is currently increasing the availability of Shell Unleaded E10 at Shell branded sites to make it easier for motorists to access the ethanol blended fuel.

If anyone wants to find out more info on the phase out of Shell V-Power Racing you can visit www.shell.com.au or call 13 16 18 for tech or general enquiries.

Otherwise, shout out as I’m a Shell representative so I’m well placed to answer any queries.

Cheers Adam

Man thats practically every state that has V-Power.. i live in Perth, WA. Why don't we have it? :(

We only have Shell Premium unleaded here which is 95 octane...

its not so much about fuel price i reckon, its just not enough demand..... Plus if it was 100oct not ethanol blend i would buy it.

I've never had an issue running the V-Power Racing except for the huge price increase over 98. I won’t bother ranting about that.

My engine runs fine on ethanol; there seems to be a lot of miss-information floating around regarding ethanol. Ultimately, if the manufacturer says it is OK there is nothing to worry about. Just don't fit a titanium exhaust ;)