SO Close.......

eggbert - yeah was after the elusive 14.XXX pass as per notrthy's coment.

1zz - it doesnt matter how long you take at the christmas tree. the time starts once you leave the line. in this case I wanted to play catchup I let the other guy go off then i lauched hard and chased him ;)

Blue - This run was up against a Purple XR6 Turbo. :blink: I had another run against a 400kW 300ZX which ran a 12.6......i felt so intimidated :P

1zz - it doesnt matter how long you take at the christmas tree. the time starts once you leave the line.  in this case I wanted to play catchup I let the other guy go off then i lauched hard and chased him ;)

Talking about Launching hard. When I launch hard (5000 - 6000) the car tends to refuse to go into 2nd (No - I do not wanna discuss my Gearbox woes :angry: ) Well OK ... sometimes it does go in ... and when it does ... B)

I was just wondering at what rev you were launching at ??

1zz - it doesnt matter how long you take at the christmas tree. the time starts once you leave the line.  in this case I wanted to play catchup I let the other guy go off then i lauched hard and chased him ;)

Talking about Launching hard. When I launch hard (5000 - 6000) the car tends to refuse to go into 2nd (No - I do not wanna discuss my Gearbox woes :angry: ) Well OK ... sometimes it does go in ... and when it does ... B)

cool, nice time mate, judging by ur 60ft time and mph, 14 second pass should be easy!!!

i ran at WSID last nite in my civic vtir, first run ran a 15.49 with a 2.43 60ft, then my third run i got a 15.137 with a 2.21 60ft time!!

first launch was at 5000 - 2.5 60 ft

second launch was at 6000 - 2.4 60 ft

The key to launching in our car is a slight slip of the clutch...dont dump it. and if need be slip it slightly in the 1-2 change also so you stay in lift ;)

It also helps to smoke the tyres, as my first run was with only road driving temp. the second run I smoked the tyres before the lineup (rubber from the track all over my inner guards and under the car now :o )

first launch was at 5000 - 2.5 60 ft

second launch was at 6000 - 2.4 60 ft

The key to launching in our car is a slight slip of the clutch...dont dump it. and if need be slip it slightly in the 1-2 change also so you stay in lift ;)

It also helps to smoke the tyres, as my first run was with only road driving temp. the second run I smoked the tyres before the lineup (rubber from the track all over my inner guards and under the car now :o )

it had better be clean b4 friday! :angry:

Hey,

We do 14.8 in total stockers, so you need a lot of practice, considering the number of your mods  :P

Try launching from 7k and flatshifting for beginning ;)

our stockers can grab 15.4 - 15.8 so the margin from there to 15.0 is quite a fair bit when you think about it imek ;) :P

1zz - i dont flat shift ;)