TOCAU ANNUAL MEET

Okay, I'm definitely set for this then. Finally got around to picking up my E-Toll tag. I don't know if I'll even need it, but it's there just in case.

On a side note, I like the design of the newer transponder. Fits in much neater than what the previous one would have:

dsc03795p.th.jpg

Mine and DJKOR's accom is all booked and paid for... staying at causeway 353 in the CBD... woo!

Woo. PAAARRRTTTYYYY!!!!

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just a reminder for those driving from Brissy via Syd and might be joining the SYD convoy, there are places to stay at mine which are not far off the beaten track. If your in, PM me plz

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&sou...042915&z=15 - i'm at the "A" mark and the cumberland hwy is the way the syd troopers will take to get to the Hume Hwy to head down south

God it's getting close now, just a handful of weekends away!! I was just wondering if any of the Brisbane or Sydney crew, or anyone in Melbourne might have a CB handheld they'd be willing to let me borrow for the cruise on Sunday? It's just myself in my Cam so I'll have plenty of room for any passengers that want to tag along. I've been hunting & hunting for one and they're all over $100, and I'm just thinking it's something I probably won't have a use for again..Otherwise there is a Uniden (think its the U047 something) that I can get on Ebay for around the $70 mark and it's a 1 watt, so that should do the job.

I like the view of the TMCA car park, I bet everyone will be having a good gawk from the roads on the way past!

If you don't plan on talking to others with the CB and just want to listen in for anything important, those cheap 0.5 watt CB's will dot he trick and you can pick them up real cheap. I've got one in the car for that very reason. Though for this meet, I plan to try and borrow one from the office. We have a 3 watt one sitting there somewhere.

God it's getting close now, just a handful of weekends away!! I was just wondering if any of the Brisbane or Sydney crew, or anyone in Melbourne might have a CB handheld they'd be willing to let me borrow for the cruise on Sunday? It's just myself in my Cam so I'll have plenty of room for any passengers that want to tag along. I've been hunting & hunting for one and they're all over $100, and I'm just thinking it's something I probably won't have a use for again..Otherwise there is a Uniden (think its the U047 something) that I can get on Ebay for around the $70 mark and it's a 1 watt, so that should do the job.

I like the view of the TMCA car park, I bet everyone will be having a good gawk from the roads on the way past!

There's a big retainer wall there... its enclosed.

i should have a spare CB handheld free, will make it known when we all meet up other wise D1ickSmith stock real basic units at a decent price.

i should have a spare CB handheld free, will make it known when we all meet up other wise D1ickSmith stock real basic units at a decent price.

No worries, have been to D1ck Smith and all they have is the .05 watt in a twin pack for $60, or the 1 watt for $100. Going to go check out their website now. I'm thinking I'll just bite the bullet and get one off Ebay, I can't see myself sitting there listening to it all and not participating hahah

Ahh my bad BKS, spose that's the only thing about the top down views. It'll all be a new area of Melbourne for me so am looking forward to seeing it all.

Edited by Tash

Hey everyone , put me down for attendance. I'll be there with bells on, who knows, i might put some on the aurion haha. :P no. but ill be there! :D

GREAT NEWS!!!

I've just secured the dealership sponsorship fo the Annual Meet.

Chadstone Toyota in Melbourne are donating some Great Prizes for winners and runners up in the show and shine.

Prizes will be confirmed on the 25th.

:toast::toast::toast: Excellent job and appreciate all the effort you are going to as well, BKS your head should be in the TOC banner for your efforts :D

People in CBD could we might up there so as to drive to TMC together, iam staying Nth Mel and takes 2 min to get into town..

And again,where are the ZRE's huh ?

GREAT NEWS!!!

Chadstone Toyota in Melbourne are donating some Great Prizes for winners and runners up in the show and shine.

:toast::toast::toast: Excellent job and appreciate all the effort you are going to as well, BKS your head should be in the TOC banner for your efforts :D

People in CBD could we might up there so as to drive to TMC together, iam staying Nth Mel and takes 2 min to get into town..

JVNLL,

where in North Mel. are you staying??

cause i have been trying to figure out how im gonna do this... i am staying in Ascotvale, which is roughly 10mins out of the city north i think, and i am just trying to work out how i am to get around without any transport???

If anyone is willing to help me out, that would be greatly appreciated B)

Evo

GREAT NEWS!!!

JVNLL,

where in North Mel. are you staying??

cause i have been trying to figure out how im gonna do this... i am staying in Ascotvale, which is roughly 10mins out of the city north i think, and i am just trying to work out how i am to get around without any transport???

If anyone is willing to help me out, that would be greatly appreciated B)

Evo

Hey Evo iam staying at the Arden,Arden st and its couple of min walk to Victoria markets.. If you can get there i'll take you or if not i could pick you up if no one else is around there,no probs but i was looking forward to seeing your car...

Let me know when your sure and PM me the address and i'll give you my number as well as it gets nearer.

John

hi Guys,

After a bit of thought and some careful persuation, i've found a new Venue for our show and shine competition.

The guys at Brighton Toyota, have agreed to let us use their service carpark and under cover area for the afternoon!

This allows us to have facilities available, and also if we do want a wonder around some new cars, we can.... there happens to be a Lexus Dealership atached to the complex.

The new Address for the Show and Shine is...

77 Nepean Highway,

Elsternwick,

Brighton Toyota Contact Details and Map.

This will however be one of the busiest days for the Dealership, and they have asked that if any Sales Staff approach you for business you please inform them immediately that you are there for the show and are happy just admiring the cars.... unless you are genuinely interested in a new car.

Brighton%20Toyota.JPG

sorry for the last minute changes... but i fel this is a better option for everyone, and we get some cover from the rain as well.

rgds.

BKS

this is how DJKOR and I plan on staying awake on the drive down.

mother_24pack.jpg

Rock on!

She got those to you pretty quick eh.

hi Guys,

After a bit of thought and some careful persuation, i've found a new Venue for our show and shine competition.

The guys at Brighton Toyota, have agreed to let us use their service carpark and under cover area for the afternoon!

This allows us to have facilities available, and also if we do want a wonder around some new cars, we can.... there happens to be a Lexus Dealership atached to the complex.

The new Address for the Show and Shine is...

77 Nepean Highway,

Elsternwick,

Brighton Toyota Contact Details and Map.

This will however be one of the busiest days for the Dealership, and they have asked that if any Sales Staff approach you for business you please inform them immediately that you are there for the show and are happy just admiring the cars.... unless you are genuinely interested in a new car.

Brighton%20Toyota.JPG

sorry for the last minute changes... but i fel this is a better option for everyone, and we get some cover from the rain as well.

rgds.

BKS

Omg lol. Thats where i bought my car lol! Familiar faces for me then! I still have the brighton toyota plate cover just for thier free car wash!

Can't wait for the big day! I have some el cheapo walkie talkie kind of things, i wonder if they work with the CBs that everyone else will have? lol :P