I need to vent

DJKOR

Okay, I just got a call from AAMI. They told me that my car has now been sent to a repairer not too far from their assessment centre; which is quite close to TAFE as well. They said the quote was for $2007.34 and that they estimate it to be completed by Wednesday October 22. They emailed me an itemised quote which it looks like everything necessary has been covered. Now it's just the long wait till I get it back. Two weeks is so much torture.

aw man that hurts, sorry to hear about your baby.

two weeks is long but try two months! that's how long i had to wait for my camry to be fixed lol and it just basically the front left axle and front lip bar for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post a quick update. Last Tuesday, AAMI gave me a call and said that the repairers advised that everything is on track for completion on Wednesday the 22nd and they will give me a call again on Tuesday the 21st to update me on everything. Sweet I though; then the countdown begun. Then today I get a call from AAMI again and they said that the repairers have advised that they need a couple more days to finish everything. They said that right now it has gone into the paint preparation stage and they expect it should be done by Friday. Grrrrr. I just want my car back.

So looks like there is more waiting to be had then. I'm quite disappointed. I was looking forward to rocking up to the meet this Thursday in my Aurion again. On top of that, this is even more inconvenient because I have work on Friday, and had it have been Wednesday (or even Thursday), I could have easy gone to pick it up. Work isn't quite as flexible, so this is going to be a real PITA.

Thought I would post a quick update. Last Tuesday, AAMI gave me a call and said that the repairers advised that everything is on track for completion on Wednesday the 22nd and they will give me a call again on Tuesday the 21st to update me on everything. Sweet I though; then the countdown begun. Then today I get a call from AAMI again and they said that the repairers have advised that they need a couple more days to finish everything. They said that right now it has gone into the paint preparation stage and they expect it should be done by Friday. Grrrrr. I just want my car back.

So looks like there is more waiting to be had then. I'm quite disappointed. I was looking forward to rocking up to the meet this Thursday in my Aurion again. On top of that, this is even more inconvenient because I have work on Friday, and had it have been Wednesday (or even Thursday), I could have easy gone to pick it up. Work isn't quite as flexible, so this is going to be a real PITA.

Haha..Yeh.. Works' always been a pain in the d ***** without Car..

Why didnt u ask for a car replacement for the time being?

I heard many people do that when their cars are being repaired and covered by insurance.

AAMI have that car replacement hire thing as a extra on top from memory...!

AAMI is really a no frills insurance company... :P

Got to say when it comes to insurance, I was having a chat with a CBA teller and he tried to quote me CBA comprehensive car insurance, funny thing is that it will cost me 1k to fully insure my Aurion where as AAMI only cost at max 600 bucks...! Thats a rating one!

But CBA does have all the bells and whistles attached to it such as... no claim bonus on cracked windscreen and the rest i forgot and the brochure its in the bin some months ago... lol

When my insurance is up I might ask budget direct car insurance a ring to see if they can give me a even better deal!

PS btw I can pick up the care for u on Friday LOL.... :D :P

AAMI have that car replacement hire thing as a extra on top from memory...!

AAMI is really a no frills insurance company... :P

That would be about right. I had the option to get the rental car in the event of an accident, but didn't bother mainly because the is always a car spare that I can use at home. Doesn't bother me that I didn't take up the option.

I'm not complaining though. I'm 21 years old, rating one, covered for $32,800 and my premium is $674 and that includes rating one protection. I could get a further 10% off by taking their skilled drivers course, but that is only held on the weekends, and I work every weekend.

PS btw I can pick up the care for u on Friday LOL.... :D :P

That's okay. Hehehehe. I think I have it all under control.

I'm not complaining though. I'm 21 years old, rating one, covered for $32,800 and my premium is $674 and that includes rating one protection. I could get a further 10% off by taking their skilled drivers course, but that is only held on the weekends, and I work every weekend.

Man...How did u get to pay below 1k...

Even with AAMI, i still have to pay $1,400...

:( :angry: :( :angry: :( :angry:

Edited by VF-X

im with western qbe (west oz company) and paid $768 annually got free windows all round (allready had one windscreen damnit) , the no claim bonus thingy, hire care when crashed and transport allowance for drop off and pick up of car.

im 26 lost my license twice due to points (minor traffic fines) but have never made a accident claim since being with them from day dot (besides windscreen a few weeks ago) so that prob got somethin to do with it.

stewy

Edited by v8toy

Second attempt. My computer crashed and I lost my whole post...

So anyways, here is my (hopefully) last instalment in my car repair story. I was expecting a call today from AAMI to update me on the status of my Aurion. Sure enough, I get a missed call at 9am and the message on my voice mail says that the car is still on track for completion on Friday. I had already made plans with work so that I finish with sufficient time to pick my car up after work.

I then continue on with my weekly Thursday tasks, then at about 11:45am I get another call from AAMI. This time she said that the repairers have contacted them and advised that it is ready ahead of schedule and will be ready to be picked up after 3pm today. SWEET!!! When 2:50pm came, I called Yellow Cabs and I was on my way.

When I got there, I got a payment slip for the taxi, they handed me the keys and a repairer there gave me a run down on what they did to fix everything. All up, I was in and out of there within just 5 minutes. Was quite a simple turn-around. AAMI really took car of everything. When looking at the car, you wouldn't really be able to tell it was in an accident. The panel beating was done so well (considering there was a really sharp crease in the corner of the door sill), and the paint is blended in nicely. Overall, I'm highly satisfied with the way AAMI have handled everything and the overall quality of the repair. It may have taken an extra day from what was originally estimated, but they said right from the start that there is that possibility. Either way, today was my day off from everything, so it fit in nicely.

Driving it home was interesting. As much as I really wanted it back, once I stepped inside and drove off, it felt really strange, and made me feel a little nervous driving it. That is slowly wearing off now as I get used to it all over again. I got home, fixed my grill, put my intake back to the way I had it, put the cutout back on, and put my subwoofer back. It is now back to normal again.

Here are a couple of photos I took for the fun of it. The sun is setting so it was the best photos I could take. Ignore the white parts on the body of the car in the second photo. It was a combination of flash and dust from the panel beaters:

dsc02978rc6.th.jpg dsc02979tp1.th.jpg

Looks like a pretty good little job to me.

Glad to see it all back on the road...I imagine you sat in it and started rubbing the dash saying 'its ok baby I missed you as well, I'll never hurt you again'??

You need to give those tyres a little bit of black shine.

...I imagine you sat in it and started rubbing the dash saying 'its ok baby I missed you as well, I'll never hurt you again'??

Something along those lines, LOL.

You need to give those tyres a little bit of black shine.

Already taken care of. I needed to dust all the panel beating dust off it so the tire shine wasn't far off. Can't stand driving around with dirty tires.

...I imagine you sat in it and started rubbing the dash saying 'its ok baby I missed you as well, I'll never hurt you again'??

Something along those lines, LOL.

Wat about 'I'll never hurt u again, thou I'll sell u in like 4 years time?'

LoL :lol:

Glad it looks just smooth like new.. :clap: I'm happy for ya

I got home, fixed my grill, put my intake back to the way I had it, put the cutout back on, and put my subwoofer back. It is now back to normal again.

hahaha...naughty naughty

gotta love reversable mods

Edited by lateralus

• 7 months later...