Suspension for 05 sportivo

JSTCHLN

You could be right, I think I did get a quote for Tein SS for ZZE, tuned for oz road from Fulcrum.

Tein Wagon is a seperate product, but only in Japan.

And as far as I can remember, Tein SS for corolla is US only.

But then again I did remember Tein SS from Fulcrum...

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check KYB AGX, maybe they have this for Corolla in USA.

hhhmmm, interesting... where can i get these and roughly how much?

I can get KYB's for a corolla for a pretty goood price. Was like around the $600 mark from memory. Will have a look on my computer at home for prices tonight as someone else from here was looking at them as well.

Angelo not everyone wants their car to ride like a brick. Personal choice is different for everyone and I prolly agree with the majority that D2's are too stiff for everyday road use.

Super wagons could have been bang for buck if they came out stiff enough for track also.

When you order you can specify a different spring rate and wont cost any extra. But doubling the spring rate might cause an issue with it being under dampened and require re-valving, which I'm not sure Tein would do unless asked and might cost extra. I know the set Brash Boy use were re-valved and had heavy **** springs in it (16 and 12kg/mm anyone?).

You could be right, I think I did get a quote for Tein SS for ZZE, tuned for oz road from Fulcrum.

Tein Wagon is a seperate product, but only in Japan.

And as far as I can remember, Tein SS for corolla is US only.

But then again I did remember Tein SS from Fulcrum...

If you look at the part no for Tein SS from fulcrum's website and the Tein Super Wagon from Tein Japan's website, they have the same part number.

Weld a pole on each corner. You don't need shocks. That's what tyres are for.

that'd be the same as putting half of the cheap ******* coilovers on the market on your car with the rock hard springs they come with. :toast:

Just so everyone knows, springs that are over 10kg/mm are useful only for drifting.

Ok superdave, now I know.

Just changed sussy. KYB Excel G shocks + King Low in front, and super lows at back thanks to SB.

All good. Sits nice.

• 1 month later...

I know somebody who tried K sport and they are waay stiff. they work for the sussy wholesaler i deal with and they are far from impressed with them. Too stiff and just not good for Aus roads at all.

just had konis + king super lows installed

car handles great, heaps more cornering grip in every situation, no longer spins an inside wheel when accelerating out of a corner. Compliment the whiteline rear sway bar and cusco strut brace well. Also added a set of camber bolts to allow for a more agressive wheel alignment.

best of all car rides only slightly firmer than stock which im pretty happy with

in my opinion a great hassle fee, bang for ya buck modification

car handles great, heaps more cornering grip in every situation, no longer spins an inside wheel when accelerating out of a corner. Compliment the whiteline rear sway bar and cusco strut brace well. Also added a set of camber bolts to allow for a more agressive wheel alignment.

best of all car rides only slightly firmer than stock which im pretty happy with

Are you talking about Koni FSD? Also, what tyres do you run? Because stopping the inside tyre spinning out of corners is my biggest goal ATM. No point chasing big power when I can't use it...

Gav.

Are you talking about Koni FSD? Also, what tyres do you run? Because stopping the inside tyre spinning out of corners is my biggest goal ATM. No point chasing big power when I can't use it...

Gav.

LSD will sort that.

Gav.

LSD will sort that.

Opps.... Forgot to add that into my wish list ....

1) LSD .....

LSDs are priced quite nicely at MWR for the time being. As are their cams...

But anyhow, LSD landed and in the box is around $2k no matter how you work it.

The same money will get Eibach Pro-kit and Koni FSDs with change in your pocket.

So if the lowering with good dampers will give better power out traction, is the LSD really needed?

If I have to open the box to put an LSD in, I will also do the Celica 6th gear, and new syncros...

Gav.

guys

im running the koni sports (yellows) with new toyo teo plus 195/50/16's on the standard rims

only other modifications are the whiteline rear sway bar and cusco strut brace

when the car was stock as well as with just the cusco front strut brace and whiteline rear sway bar the car would suffer severe bodyroll mid corner. The bodyroll not only felt crap but it also took weight off the inside wheel and as a result when i went to put power down it would just spin

with the konis and superlows the body roll is significantly reduced, the car remains well balanced through the corners allowing me to get the power down much earlier and without the inside wheel spinning

havent been in a car with the FSD dampers. Cant comment - could be better, could be worse.

ive had the koni sport shocks in 2 past cars (gc8 wrx and 4agze ae86) - was impressed with the handling and durability in both instances so suspension selection for me was pretty much (discounting the cheap set of dms coilovers on the forums) a no brainer. Both cars were street driven with the odd skid pan and track days here and there

for what its worth, i was shopping for a lsd prior to getting the suspension done. Post suspension install and my perspective has changed - no need for lsd, would rather

p1ss $ up against the wall again :)

Edited by doriae86

Thanks. But I meant big power relative to what an 1.8 NA or supercharged car can do.

I can add 25-40kW ATW to the sportivo, and would currently have no way to exploit it. :(

But your comments that the suspension has made you reconsider getting an LSD is comforting.

Cheers, Gav.

If your after just simple lowering go springs on stock shoks even though everybody is against it.

Im running:

King Lows (F)

King Superlows ®

TRD front strut brace

TRD rear 23mm swaybar and

Tanabe Sustec front underbrace

mated with some sticky Toyo Proxes T1R's.

and some Bendix General CT front brake pads and front rotors machined.

The car handles like a dream, comfortable for now, corners great, not much body roll at all. So it all comed down to what you want to achieve out of your ride and how much money under your name.

And all of the above apart from the tyres wouldve cos around $800 including Labour which is completely budget, just make sure you shop around, look in the Buy sell section more importantly.

Once the original shocks start to give up, i will probably go so KYB struts as they are budget.