TRD Aurion heavily reduced!

Butcha

Called my local Toyota dealer to test drive the TRD Aurion the other day, and was quoted $61,000 drive away. When he got hold of one, he called back and said TRD have dropped the price to $49,990 DRIVE AWAY!

Since then, however, i had a bit of a bingle - hit a traffic island @ 80 kmh (ouch!) and wrote off just about all the steering/suspension in my Aurion :( at a cost of $2500! :unsure:

But, if i wasnt tempted before... sure as hell am now to buy the TRD!

Edited by Butcha

Called my local Toyota dealer to test drive the TRD Aurion the other day, and was quoted $61,000 drive away. When he got hold of one, he called back and said TRD have dropped the price to $49,990 DRIVE AWAY!

Yeah, everything Toyota makes is on SALE in particular Camry and Aurion. I think Touring is 31990 drive away and AT-X is 30990 drive away, I v never seen such a discount before aiming private buyers...

Not surprised a bit...in this economic climate it's hard to move large cars, especially performance cars. The price range of the TRD Aurion was always too high to begin with. $49.990 is a MUCH better price, especially since it is designed to compete with the XR6s, Mazda 6 MPS and Liberty GTs. Once you get up to $50k and above you start to compete with the FPVs and HSVs which are in another league, and the TRD Aurion was never designed to take those on.

Hopefully it means we will start seeing a lot more TRD Aurions on the road. They are so rare, I have only seen 2 other cars (other than during meetups) on the road. They are a pretty quick car and the main issue that I contend with is traction, other than that the suspension and power is solid. It has the build quality and refinement of a large Toyota sedan.

If you're in the market for a Sportivo, consider splashing the $10k or more for the TRD, IMHO it's really worth it for what you get. If they were still at $65k I would say spend your money elsewhere but at $49,990, damn it's worth it. Now all I need is for TRD to come up with the RWD Series 2 so I can buy it again!! :D

Edited by TRD Aurion Owner

its scary when thinking if i had spend 60k on a car, and in few months, it drops 10k... <_<

hope the economy drop little again, then mayb i just get 1 more trd for myself and sell my camry at watever price!! :yahoo:

No surprise considering.

Look at all the layoffs that have happened at Ford recently, and are still being talked about in future too! Holden will probably be next to start laying off people, given that the current climate has nowhere near as much interest in large cars of which Holden has hardly any decent alternative to...

Charging almost twice the price for a large car that is essentially an Aurion Sportivo with a supercharger and different exhaust tips is just ridiculous. The only reason it would have been done is more a "just cause we can" type attitude, without any real expectation that it will make many sales. For those who have them, they are great cars and very rare - so will definitely turn eyes when you see them (which may have also been part of Toyota's tactic to make sales of the Aurion generally - have people going wooooww what was that?!?). $50k is a far more realistic price for such a beast.

At the $80k that was being charged for the TRD, you would expect things such as AWD, 6-speed Manual, Tinted windows standard, with inbuilt TV's or something at that sorta level.

If they had an AWD TRD Aurion... then they would really be out in front of the rest... Can't say there are too many true "family" large cars out there boasting 240kW with AWD grip and safety!

At the $80k that was being charged for the TRD, you would expect things such as AWD, 6-speed Manual, Tinted windows standard, with inbuilt TV's or something at that sorta level.

If they had an AWD TRD Aurion... then they would really be out in front of the rest... Can't say there are too many true "family" large cars out there boasting 240kW with AWD grip and safety!

Since when was an SL TRD Aurion $80K?

sticker price was $61500 + ORC before the price drop almost a year ago...

For $3.5K more than a "full price" SL TRD you could get an R36 Passat... AWD 6-speed etc etc...

Edited by rollamods

The other thing to keep in mind is that it's the end of the year. The dealers will want to off load the 2008 stock before the Christmas rush and 2009 hits. Any left overs will be even cheaper again because they will then be last years model.

Anyone tempted to buy should probably hold off until the start of next year for this reason. Well, in my opinion anyway.

Personally i'd rather the new Ralliart Lancer...

Edited by Stealth

For $3.5K more than a "full price" SL TRD you could get an R36 Passat... AWD 6-speed etc etc...

yeah, but jason, who the hell in their right mind would buy a vw??? :P :ph34r:

hehehehe

The last time I looked at prices (probably some time ago!) the top-end luxury model TRD was about $80k.

The last time I looked at prices (probably some time ago!) the top-end luxury model TRD was about $80k.

when i bought my SL in early april, the RRP was 72k on road with sat nav and sunroof... maybe when they were first released they were 80k... but back in march/april this year they were 72k on road...

ZR6?

I would expect similar discounts

previously, at $43k RRP ppl were getting them at $40k driveaway brand new

adjust accordingly

i got my atx for $30000 driveaway 2 weeks ago, bargain for what you get and the drive

was that before or after the $30,990 RRP went onto the toyota website?

btw, why didn't you go for the Touring?

seems better value to me

who the hell in their right mind would buy a vw???

Depends on what sort of VW you're talking about... the Passat R36 is a far superior vehicle over the TRD Aurion. Even with the (TMCA getting desperate) price reduction, I'd still be happy to spend an extra 15K to get into an R36 over the (glorified SX6) 3500S.

So with the TRD now $49,990 drive away and Touring at $31,990 drive away, does anyone know if Toyota will be reducing the prices of the ZR6?

No driveaway deals on ZR6, but dealers are being offered incentives to move 'em...

Edited by pinzvidz

who the hell in their right mind would buy a vw???

Depends on what sort of VW you're talking about... the Passat R36 is a far superior vehicle over the TRD Aurion. Even with the (TMCA getting desperate) price reduction, I'd still be happy to spend an extra 15K to get into an R36 over the (glorified SX6) 3500S.

okay... firstly, the jab at vw from me was poking fun at rollamods previous car which was a golf gti... it was just a joke...

secondly... glorified sx6??? ummm, supercharger, different ecu, different suspension, different rims, different interior, different exterior... seems like more than just a "glorified sx6"...

its like saying a f6 typhoon is a "glorified XT falcon"... two completely different setups...

okay... firstly, the jab at vw from me was poking fun at rollamods previous car which was a golf gti... it was just a joke...

Fair enough... I bet he's missing it!

secondly... glorified sx6??? ummm, supercharger, different ecu, different suspension, different rims, different interior, different exterior... seems like more than just a "glorified sx6"...

its like saying a f6 typhoon is a "glorified XT falcon"... two completely different setups...

The reason I say glorified - things like poverty pack A/C controls, same dash, etc. Anyway, the way I see it, Toyota should've based the 3500S and 3500SL on the ZR6 and Presara respectively.

Not missing it, my forester that replaced the golf is far more fun ;)

I'm guessing you had a MKVI then? I certainly can't see a MKV being less fun than a Forester... that's if they're stock.