3SGTE SPORTIVO

paps

hey guys,

been a while since i last made a post..

but iv been seriously thinking if i should sell or keep my corolla!...

iv just pickd up a 3sgte half cut outa a MR2 and i was wondering if it would be posible to slap it in the corolla and want to kno if any one has done it?

and alsoo wat sort of modifications would be needed to be done , engine mounts, gear box ect.

another would any 1 kno how much a Gt4 drive train cost???

would be very greatful if some 1 answers my very stupid question lol :rolleyes:

The 3SGTE is a great engine, im thinking of dropping one in my ST162 Celica. if you are putting one in a corolla, you might need to make a few mods. i have found a half cut here for the ST165 GT-Four complete with 'box. www.adelaidejap.com.au, for about 3 grand, some good stuff is there, i dont know where u r based, but its worth looking there.

im based im melb dude but yeah iv actuali had a look...

there not bad...

man thing thats killing me is if its worth slapin the motor in or not.. i was gona get a Supra tt but i was thinkin who the hell has a Corolla with a 3sgte in it!! :P

but thanks for ur reply buddy !:P

im based im melb dude but yeah iv actuali had a look...

there not bad...

man thing thats killing me is if its worth slapin the motor in or not.. i was gona get a Supra tt but i was thinkin who the hell has a Corolla with a 3sgte in it!! :P

but thanks for ur reply buddy !:P

No probs, the 3SGTE is a great performance engine, it will make it go like the clappers... especially in a car like the 'rolla! if you are ever in adelaide, hit me up, ill see if i can help you out with car parts! i know a few places where you can get some great stuff!!

What model corolla do you have?? Cause in NSW I think, not sure about the other states, the engine must be the same year or newer so that it can comply with emissions or something along those lines.

I've known a 3sgte put into an AE82 corolla, that was scary. It was bumping out 160-170kw and the ae82 corollas weight like nothing. Needless to say he got a bit too excited and lost his license for three months.

easiest way to get the swap engineered in Aus is with the Caldina 3sgte.

Use the SW20 turbo box with FWD linkages from a v6 camry, GT4 celica or GTZ corolla, would be easiest using hybrid shafts from the GTZ corolla and GT4 celica to fit the ZZE hubs.

Fuel system is best converted to return style, which is most easily acomplished by grabbing another feed line from a wrecked ZZE and fitting it to the spare spot in the clips that run under the car and then modding the fuel pump housing with a speedflow bulkhead fitting etc to suit.

Could use a GT4 or custom radiator, will need custom PS, heater and AC lines, could use the 3sgte ECU and loom with the normal conversion modifications or go for a full aftermarket ECU. A Tacho adapter will be required in either case to drive the ZZE cluster.

Slight modifications will be required to the front and rear mounts, a small amount of fabrication for the top gearbox mount, and a new timing cover mount need to be fabricated.

Use a GT4 throttle cable.

That's the basics of the swap anyway. My choice would be to start with a caldina frontcut and SW20 turbo gearbox.

for a lot of us in the UK the 3s e12 was dissapointing. bit of the same old- they missed a big oppurtunity with the 2zz, instead they done what they had done before many times and developed nowt new for the car. the 2zz should stay n/a.

What model corolla do you have?? Cause in NSW I think, not sure about the other states, the engine must be the same year or newer so that it can comply with emissions or something along those lines.

I've known a 3sgte put into an AE82 corolla, that was scary. It was bumping out 160-170kw and the ae82 corollas weight like nothing. Needless to say he got a bit too excited and lost his license for three months.

scariest car ive been in to tell u the truth, was 3sgte power 1200 ute could feel the front end lift in 3rd.....

Edited by spillige

single questions will answer this ..... how road legal do u need ur car ?

Pretty simple not road legal or it needs to be road legal will do .....

and if u just fork over $50k to the bates boys they will be more than happy to do it for u ;)

and if u just fork over $50k to the bates boys they will be more than happy to do it for u ;)

No they wont. They dont waste time on street cars and tyre kickers.

The fensport rolla isnt that amazing when you think that someone in Canberra has been doing it for the past 6 or 7 years.

If you want a front wheel drive 3S-GTE in a rolla, do exactly what rollamods said to do.

If you want a proper GT-4 with the 4WD running gear, its not going to happen. You will need to import the 4WD rolla shell from Japan or SA for a start. Which wont be complied.

No they wont. They dont waste time on street cars and tyre kickers.

I was waiting for the reply, hence why I think Bill bought it up :lol:

I know... I had Bill on the phone right after I posted that :P

wow ... this topic certainly got alot of hits.

thanks guys. the more and more i sit and think bout it .. it does my head in as much as i want i bloody quick corolla the money ur gona spend on it .. no point! if ur sayin 50 grand is wat its gona take to make it 4wd and thats if they do it.. god i might as well go out and get my self a diff car !!...

im gona look into it now ..but if any 1 is interest in any MR2 SW20 parts plz feel frree to ask me..