KING SPRINGS Low V's Super Low Debate

Blind Kid Seeks

for the sake of completeness i will add . . .

having just measured my shtr (sportivo with super lows all round) using the same method as posted above i can report that the car is as close to level as possible.

Also happy to report that with super lows my car suffers zero 'tram tracking' or 'wandering' under (very) heavy braking

I will also say grip on initial entry, mid corner and exit has been greatly enhanced with the springs/struts that understeer has all but been eliminated on the street.

Car is entered in a few track days coming up - will keep you all posted with regards to how it performs up against some much more fancied opponents :)

anyway, good post SB and i respect the fact that your recommending parts to your customers based on practical experiance & hands on testing - more than you can say for others. Keep up the good work!

Edited by doriae86

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have run king lows and superlows in my AE82 and found the lows to have been ****house because of issues with sagging after being installed in the car for a couple of months and the superlows to make the car ride on the bump stops - imo do not buy kings

Sounds like you had more issues with the car than just springs if that was your experience... Mine is completely the opposite with all the 11 corolla's I've had the kings low front/superlow rear combo in, not even mentioning all my other cars that have had kings.

Am I the only one here with a Pedders Sportsryder setup?? (springs and shocks) I got their version of lows on the front and back and i do notice that the front seems to take alot of weight, it doesnt seem right compared to other lowered cars, it feels a bit nose heavy, esp round tight corners. Btw ive done front strut brace and upgraded rear sway bar.

My only concern about changing the rears to pedders version of superlows is that the rear will now rub, as atm the front rub when taking hard corners.

Btw im running 215/45/r17 on lenso apex 5, i think the offset is 42, do you think if i changed the rear springs to lower it would still rub in the front or now cause the rears to also rub?

The only reason im running 45 profile is to keep the comfort and 215 for the traction. Ive taken the wheels off to see where the rubbing is but i cant tell as it doesnt look like anythings been scraped. So i cant tell whether its the profile or width that cause it to rub

Am I the only one here with a Pedders Sportsryder setup?? (springs and shocks) I got their version of lows on the front and back and i do notice that the front seems to take alot of weight, it doesnt seem right compared to other lowered cars, it feels a bit nose heavy, esp round tight corners. Btw ive done front strut brace and upgraded rear sway bar.

My only concern about changing the rears to pedders version of superlows is that the rear will now rub, as atm the front rub when taking hard corners.

Btw im running 215/45/r17 on lenso apex 5, i think the offset is 42, do you think if i changed the rear springs to lower it would still rub in the front or now cause the rears to also rub?

The only reason im running 45 profile is to keep the comfort and 215 for the traction. Ive taken the wheels off to see where the rubbing is but i cant tell as it doesnt look like anythings been scraped. So i cant tell whether its the profile or width that cause it to rub

What is the width of your wheel?

Size 17x7, offset +42 is fine with 215/40/17 or 205/45/17. If the wheel size mentioned is your size, then the tyre size could be the problem, if not, the shock/spring is too soft resulting the wheel to submerge too much during compression (heavy braking for example). And how much lowering is Pedders Low anyway?

Perhaps you can tell us at what point the wheel/tyre rubs?

for the sake of completeness i will add . . .

having just measured my shtr (sportivo with super lows all round) using the same method as posted above i can report that the car is as close to level as possible.

Also happy to report that with super lows my car suffers zero 'tram tracking' or 'wandering' under (very) heavy braking

I will also say grip on initial entry, mid corner and exit has been greatly enhanced with the springs/struts that understeer has all but been eliminated on the street.

Car is entered in a few track days coming up - will keep you all posted with regards to how it performs up against some much more fancied opponents :)

anyway, good post SB and i respect the fact that your recommending parts to your customers based on practical experiance & hands on testing - more than you can say for others. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the comments Doriae. I have measured a car with SL's all round and yes it does sit quite close to level(+/- 5mm). for some reason lows have the difference in height. the only thing I haven't done but will do so on the next install i do is measure spring heights unweighted and see what the difference is.

Size 17x7, offset +42 is fine with 215/40/17 or 205/45/17. If the wheel size mentioned is your size, then the tyre size could be the problem, if not, the shock/spring is too soft resulting the wheel to submerge too much during compression (heavy braking for example). And how much lowering is Pedders Low anyway?

17x7 inch tyre, shocks arnt stock, there pedders, got the setup done not long ago, maybe 2-3km not even. lowering i think is 35-40mm drop.

ok, ive noticed that the scrubbing seems to be getting less and less the more i drive. the best i can explain is that the corners and bends that it used to scrub on seem to rub less and less each time i go through them.(even though i cant seem to see any tyre arch guard worn out or any worn out bits on the tyre itself)

It seems to scrub when im taking a bend quickly and the road service is on a decline. And only seems to be the front right, not that i can really notice the left anyway. If the road is a flat surface with a tight corner its fine, so i assume its a combination of tyre height with width and it just pushes it over the limit and might be scraping the side corner of the rubber with gravity pushing it down as the road surface is declining in the first place.

Btw, i got my sussy done at bridgestone and my mates the head mechanic and works there, he installed them (very pedantic guy), there pedders parts, but anyhow, he was saying that with the sportsryder shocks that the more you pin them, the more they stiffen up.

Chicaboo:

Sorry Mate, i just get tired of people making out that if you Dont Buy CES, you're doing it wrong. My Bad to jump all over it.

No problems mate. Just be sure you know what your jumping on next time. :)

As for what Brennden said: He's explained this to me before, and I would really like the nose to sit up a little with the rear end being lower.

But I have to consider still being able to tow the buggy and appreciate that Eibach have adjusted the spring rates to suit the height for the rear.

Cheers, Gav.

17x7 inch tyre, shocks arnt stock, there pedders, got the setup done not long ago, maybe 2-3km not even. lowering i think is 35-40mm drop.

ok, ive noticed that the scrubbing seems to be getting less and less the more i drive. the best i can explain is that the corners and bends that it used to scrub on seem to rub less and less each time i go through them.(even though i cant seem to see any tyre arch guard worn out or any worn out bits on the tyre itself)

It seems to scrub when im taking a bend quickly and the road service is on a decline. And only seems to be the front right, not that i can really notice the left anyway. If the road is a flat surface with a tight corner its fine, so i assume its a combination of tyre height with width and it just pushes it over the limit and might be scraping the side corner of the rubber with gravity pushing it down as the road surface is declining in the first place.

Btw, i got my sussy done at bridgestone and my mates the head mechanic and works there, he installed them (very pedantic guy), there pedders parts, but anyhow, he was saying that with the sportsryder shocks that the more you pin them, the more they stiffen up.

Well just wait until the shock/spring is settled then and see how it goes.

Is the sportryder Pedder's own shock or is it based on other makes? Like whiteline is based from Koni.