Lost your license ?

KevO

who on this forum has ever lost their license or lost points on their license ?

i myself have not been in this position but have witnessed many friends do so.

share your stories.

EDIT: workmate got points taken off him for holding up the fast lane on the m4...BUT all lanes were empty..just him and the police car

Edited by BlackKnight

The long story: I lost 3 points on my first year of driving on my P's so that took me down to 1 point. Then I got my Opens about 6 months after reclaiming my 3 points back. Then I lost 3 points in my second year of driving, and then 4 points in my third year of driving. Though with the timing and everything, that left me with 2 out of 12 points left on my Opens (because the first 3 points count within a 3 year period), but as of January 18 this year, I have 5 points left on my licence now.

The short story: I have lost a total of 10 points during the course of all my driving. I now have recovered some points, so I now have 5 points left on my licence.

All these points were lost in my old Camry. I have not lost any points while driving my Aurion.

keep it short got done for not displaying pplates 2 points(one for each) really pety and weird cause at the time i got pulled over was doing 100 in a 60zone

got done twice for speeding both times have been on freeway/highway driving

one funny thing is the last time i got done for speeding cop pulls me over and i say can u be lenient cause i only have 2points left, he says sure and walks to his car, comes back and hands me a ticket, have a nice day. this would meen that i would of lost my licance but the thing is i could already go for my fulls so i paid the ticket and the next day i went for the test which ment i got points back and kept my licance, the system works.........

mate had two points left after being done for driving whilst on the phone.

driving out of uni, a copper pulls him over and does a whole car check, fined him for defected tyres (bald) and not displaying 2 plates (2 points) - loss of license.

got done on m5 at about 3am coming from campbeltown. was in the right lane and was pretty sleep. noticed a car behind me and changed lanes. by the way i noticed it was a cop and after about 10 mins of driving behind me he pulled me over. also my speedo wasnt working so i didnt exactly know how fast i was going. haha got fined for driving in right lane. and also got done by two police officers walking on the side of the road. lost traction as i was turning then stopped at a intersection. as soon as i stopped my phone rang and i picked it up. before i knew it i had the phone to my ear and two police officers standing in front of my car watching my every action. pulled over and didnt lie and copped it sweet. the officers were kind enough to only fine me for talking on the phone. also got done for speeding. haha this ones funny. police officer pulls me over and asks for my pilots licence. i just had the dummest look on my face. was a blonde moment then later on it kicked in. and also got the funniest phrase from a police officer. this was when i got done for foggies. haha

POLICE OFFICER: you may think they look fully sick but there not so keep them off. can only use them when there is fog or animals on the road.

THOUGHTS GOING THROUGH MY MIND: i saw a pig on the road.

none, HAHA amazing huh ?

though copped a big fine when i was on my L's =x

what happened ?

lols, well first one was yeah just driving on my L's taking my siblings to school - cop only fined me $300 for going 50 in a 40zone but let me off for driving on L's. 2nd time was driving on L's unsupervised again, cop was being a d!ck and fined me $600 for driving unsupervisied, $180 for not having L plates up, $600 for having my friends license in my wallet THOUGH i did not use it, friend just left it with me. So yeah, lols im still trying to pay off the 2nd lot of fines :(

ive been pulled over about 7 times in my 1 year of p's for "random breath check" usally round the bankstown area when i go visit my bestie never got finied jsut wasted alot of time. oh and one time cop asked me to pop hood cuz i revved at road side breath test

lost 3 points 1 week after i got my p's for neg driving.

it was nothing compared to being in lala land in hospital for 4 days, totalling my car and a euro accord without insurance and being in pain and failing my hsc due to the car accident. at least i am still alive.

didn't get a fine though as i was technically in the wrong but only because of a loophole.

i turned right out of sydney park and from my right the black euro accord was doing about 90kmph on a 60k road at night with his headlights off over the top of a hill.

impossible for me to see BUT i should of given way.

now i am on my opens and havn't lost a point since then.

124 km/h in a 80 km/h zone on Hume Hwy.

Im usually good at spotting mobile speed cameras but that time dunno wat hapened.

Thats what happens i guess when a mate asks if u want to test his car out.

6 months, 6 demerits, and $480. Shattered.

Never lost a point, been RBT'd, fined for anything or even randomly pulled over. I think some cops have a broken "hoonometer".

Thats cause you drive a Paseo :P (just playing)

Currently on Good Behaviour 'apparently' clocked doing 91 in a 60 - $350 6pts...

I have lost more points in slow cars than decent ones.......

For years I had decent, quick cars and kept my record clean.....more through luck than anything else

....then lost 6pts in 6 months (15-30kmh speeding & red light)

Then had another clear year and a bit.........

then driving a diesel Captiva back from Orange got caught 15-30kmh speeding on double demerit point October weekend.

I had the choice of a good behaviour zero point licence for 12 months, risking a 6month suspension if I got caught doing anything or taking a 3 month suspension.

I took it on the chin, and started my three months on January 27th.

The sportivo gets a rest, and my mountain bike gets punished :)