1$ cooling mod worth it?

ive seen it done before around and i know 1 guy did it here. maybe and1. but he raised the front.

im wondering if its worth raising to lower the engine bay heat?

rear to release heat. or front to let cool air in....

has anyone else done it?

regards

does nothing unless raised significantly, wouldnt bother.. looks like you crashed and bonnets popped off.

Only time i would ever both raising it would be a track day.. even then..

ahahah it does look ugly too!

i figured it was for HP cars. especially on the track.

our cars wouldnt reach the temp in day to day driving.

I can tell you an even better cooling mod for the facelift Rolla. In the lower grill section remove all that fake mesh, cooling problems solved. Pre facelift has no cooling issues at all.

good to know sd

i was thinking of swapping the engine cover for the celica version or none at all

i note that my power steering fluid boils after a session, so i'm thinking of ways to cool that down, and also to cool the oil as well

thoughts

whitestivo

good to know sd

i was thinking of swapping the engine cover for the celica version or none at all

i note that my power steering fluid boils after a session, so i'm thinking of ways to cool that down, and also to cool the oil as well

thoughts

whitestivo

Small oil cooler + remote filter, if you want to go hard out you can fit a bigger, baffled sump. You could approach PWR, see if they do/would make a combination oil/PS cooler, then it's just a matter of plumbing it all up.

I can tell you an even better cooling mod for the facelift Rolla. In the lower grill section remove all that fake mesh, cooling problems solved. Pre facelift has no cooling issues at all.

the only problem with this is the plastic bar clip inserts are visable after removeing the pastric top mesh and the bottom grooves are visable at the bottom, can be fixed but bar has to be plastic welded and repainted.

i was going to repaint these myself...

i might just take them out then.

thanks heaps.

but i also agree with spillage, about how you can see holes or something. ive seen pics from the guys that replaced them with grill mesh to look better.( that makes cooling worse doesnt it?)

It's not boiling, it just bubbles, nothing to worry about. It'll do it after a drive to the shops too.

But if you do want to add a cooler it is pretty easy as you just cut out a section of the stock cooling loop and give it a bit of a flair, slap some hose on and then run it to a cooler.

As for the tabs being visible, black wins again :yahoo:

Dad's car doesn't have the lower mesh in and you wouldn't know it unless you looked at it up close.

Yeah that lower piece of plastic in the air dam is really restrictive and is really heavy (feels like 1kg?)

I just meshed it up. Doesn't look too bad.

IMG_0181.jpg

oh and the $1 mod lol

IMG_0573.jpg

I really don't think it looks that bad. I quite like it. Maybe its just me and those Honda fanbois :lol:

Lifting the reat of the bonnett up is prolly upsetting the airflow through the engine bay. notice how the top edge of the fire wall has a rubber seal on it that the bonnett sits on?? My guess is the airflow is designed to flow through the radiator/front of the car then pressurise the engine bay to a degree and push the hot air out underneath the car. ever wondered why the plastic undertray doesn't go all the way to the firewall?? that's where the air escapes the engine bay. Plus the undertray extends about a foot or so past the back edge of the radiator which would create a low pressure area but with the fans on the backside of the radiator pulling air through it then pushes the air straight towards the engine block and subsequently down under the car. With a low pressure area behind the cooling fans, when they switch on they wil pull a heap more air through because of the pressure difference.

hope this kinda makes sense as it is hard to explain without actually showing it on a car. Things you learn working on open wheel race cars!!