[ROM2NV] - Sex Spec Mk. II

RoM2nV

Ok guys, I've been pretty quiet ever since I left my previous gen3 camry for the awesome gen4.5 CSX that my parents gave me as an upgrade.

It's pretty much stock atm, what I've done to it right now includes:

- Massive exterior cleaning marathon.

- Sound system, stock fronts (soon to be upgraded to splits, anyone know how big the speakers are in the gen4.5 csx?), kicker 6x9"s, kicker comp 12" sub, 1 farad capacitor, jaycar 700w rms 4 channel amp and a 1000w rms mono block. oh and a sony head unit.

- p plates.

Now I've been thinking and have come up with a list of things I'd like done to the car, being a law student and working 1-2 shifts a week means that I don't have much money coming in for me, but slowly slowly the stuff will come together, as it always does.

A few of the things I'd like to do include:

- Changing interior lights to blue leds/lightbulbs. change numberplate lights to white lights/leds. get neons for driver/passenger footwell, blue/UV neons.

- Sound deadening the boot with either dynamat or carpet underlay. I heard that carpet underlay does a pretty decent job, and since sound deadening is expensive I'd prefer the quick, cheap fix. So, anyone got any info on this? Is it worth the time and effort, or should I just save up and buy the dynamat.

- lower the car slightly.

- rear spoiler (either some kind of a bmw-style lip spoiler or just the usual camry rear spoiler).

If I do end up keeping the car for quite a long time, I may also have a conversion up my sleeve, I won't write much about it although it regards a toyota v8 with vvti.

Here's a few pics of the car:

3231_79937387732_557937732_1680553_7707510_n.jpg

l_6f6c0e8b394d442b92ee905e052a8887.jpg

the car is auto, what a shame haha, i don't think there are any gen4.5's in manual, or they are very rare!

well thats it for now, hopefully i'll have some results soon.

Edited by RoM2nV

I had a "gen4" 4 cylinder manual, and it was the hardest thing on earth to sell when I went to get rid of it.

It was the most gutless car I have ever owned too, I can't imagine how unresponsive an automatic would be. :o

The V6 on the other hand... :D

Gav.

neat clean ride ther mate, with your list of upgrades it has definite potential

also interested on info for the sound deadening, especially the boot aswell

I had a "gen4" 4 cylinder manual, and it was the hardest thing on earth to sell when I went to get rid of it.

It was the most gutless car I have ever owned too, I can't imagine how unresponsive an automatic would be. :o

The V6 on the other hand... :D

Gav.

Mate, I had a gen3 4 banger manual previously and it had waay more guts than this car haha! Oh well, its a good deterrent so that i don't thrash the engine etc.

Also regarding the pick up chicks, thats a hypothesis which will be soon tested ;D

Edited by RoM2nV

...Oh well, its a good deterrent so that i don't thrash the engine etc.

Didn't stop me when I had my 91 Camry. That thing was pushed pretty damn hard.

Also regarding the pick up chicks, thats a hypothesis which will be soon tested ;D

one thing to remeber is Location, Location, Location..... so just make sure you're cruising past librarys at 5 pm.

Hey... don't knock the Camry.

on the way of sound deadening....

do it once, do it right!

dynamat is actually dropped in price depending on where you buy it from....

i know this as i am in the car audio business....

good choice on gear btw, but didnt know jaycar made a 700rms 4 channel...?

one suggestion, go a better head unit for better sound quality....

gl with it buddy!

do it once, do it right!

gl with it buddy!

+1,Just deadened my car with Dynamat Extreme did the whole car (4 doors,boot,spare wheel well,1/4 panels,parcelshelf sub frame,any where i could find a spot that needed it)and it's not just the audio that reaps the benifets,the whole car is soooo quiet now,road noise reduced,doof doof sound from the outside reduced heaps,closing the doors now feels very european(lol),overall it dose add a bit of weight to the car,but if it's not a racer and just a cruzer then no probs,it's well worth the exspence and effort. B)

do it once, do it right!

gl with it buddy!

Hmm looks like dynamat is the way to go then. The amp is actually a 4x130w rms amp but on the box says 720 or so..

Would you be able to recommend me some decent splits that are around the $300 mark? I think the stock speakers are 6" or 6.5"s so that is the size I'm looking for.

Also just a quick update.. I'm supposed to be studying for my semester one exams but I've been procrastinating and found some time to scrub my alloy wheels clean :D

Looks like a bit of money has come in for me, so plans have changed.

I'm looking at getting a rear lip spoiler, deciding whether I should get the bmw m3 style one from ebay or splurge a bit and go for the TRD spoiler, I can't seem to find a trd one though :/

Can anyone can confirm that this is the m3 style spoiler? It looks great!

2iaphxs.jpg

2d7ypew.jpg

and heres the trd one, also looks awesome.

a6kk.jpg

Might just be the photo, but that M3 style spoiler looks massively undersized for the boot that it is on. It's like some weather-stripping was stuck to the boot.

• 2 weeks later...
Might just be the photo, but that M3 style spoiler looks massively undersized for the boot that it is on. It's like some weather-stripping was stuck to the boot.

Agree!

Defiantly go the TRD one.

and heres the trd one, also looks awesome.

a6kk.jpg

hahaha! :yahoo::toast:

That's the picture i used when i was selling the my TRD spoiler (I even wrote "rear spoiler"). took me months to sell it but eventually a guy bought it back in USA. Goodluck finding it, as TRD don't make them anymore (well since 7yrs ago)

If you want the full TRD bodykit (front lip,side skirt n rear lip) let me know. I have them still on my Camry. I might sell them by the end of this year.

Edited by leasaunce

hahaha! :yahoo::toast:

That's the picture i used when i was selling the my TRD spoiler (I even wrote "rear spoiler"). took me months to sell it but eventually a guy bought it back in USA. Goodluck finding it, as TRD don't make them anymore (well since 7yrs ago)

If you want the full TRD bodykit (front lip,side skirt n rear lip) let me know. I have them still on my Camry. I might sell them by the end of this year.

Oh man, you're tempting me to save up! your car is the same colour as mine aswell :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...