What did you do to your car today?

washed and polished the chromies i highly recomend hot rims polish made them shine like new

sean

Same! I used Meguiars Hot Rims Mag and Aluminium Polish and they came up a treat! Waxed them after for an even better shine.

I also Clayed and Waxed the whole car. It is a pitty I have no where to show it off. :lol:

Headlight restoration!

headlightresto.jpg

Left is before, right is after.

Still a bit foggy but thats beyond what I could do with what I had. Still soooo much better. No yellow at all! Did leave some fine scratches from the sandpaper though, no amount of polishing would get them out. I was more careful with the left one with the sandpaper and theyre a bit finer but still there.

Also successfully sandpapered my pinky finger with 2500 grit, damn things like a carpet burn.

I used a headlight restoration kit from super cheap, came with sandpaper from 1000 grit to 2500, all wet, plus some plastic polish that was pretty crappy, grabbed my bottle of PlastiX and that worked much better. Can anyone recommend something a bit stronger then PlastiX that wont ruin my headlights? They're polycarbonate.

i'm still realistically about a month away, and urs will be one of the first gen5s wont it?

You'll win. I'm looking at around 1.5-2months at this stage.

Besides the RS01 Camry toyota made, this as far as I know will be the first documented Gen 5's with the Supercharger

Headlight restoration!

I used a headlight restoration kit from super cheap, came with sandpaper from 1000 grit to 2500, all wet, plus some plastic polish that was pretty crappy, grabbed my bottle of PlastiX and that worked much better. Can anyone recommend something a bit stronger then PlastiX that wont ruin my headlights? They're polycarbonate.

I wasn't particularly impressed with PlastiX at all. The 3M headlight restoration kit gets a decent wrap on the net.

I saw this on another forum and thought it was kinda interesting... :P

This is a place to just post exactly what it says... what you did to your car today. Anything from just washing/cleaning to mods or whatever.

Lifted the bonnet cleaned the engine bay, mostly just needed a wipe with a rag will polish paint work soon. Removed,under coated and chrome painted three fuse covers, cruse control cover and engine platic cover. Looks great and didn't take long..

i'm still realistically about a month away, and urs will be one of the first gen5s wont it?

You'll win. I'm looking at around 1.5-2months at this stage.

Besides the RS01 Camry toyota made, this as far as I know will be the first documented Gen 5's with the Supercharger

Headlight restoration!

I wasn't particularly impressed with PlastiX at all. The 3M headlight restoration kit gets a decent wrap on the net.

For a good Finnish try toothpaste and its also cheap!

polished the charger this morning, was a bit dirty, and just ordered a set of new underbody plugs for the right-side skirt... all the plugs are missing lol :P

Evo

I saw this on another forum and thought it was kinda interesting... :P

This is a place to just post exactly what it says... what you did to your car today. Anything from just washing/cleaning to mods or whatever.

Put silver pin stripes from front of window chrome surround to front of car and from rear of window surround to rear of car also added 12mm red reflective pinstripe to bottom of those horrible skinny tail lights on the 1999 Vienta. Makes them look better balanced.

Got some great tips from the car detailing pro himself (SILVABULLET) and gave my car a nice bath at a really good self serve car wash.

Also picked up my transmission oil strainer and sump gasket so I can change my transmission fluid eventually.

Took her down to Hobart yesterday to have the front bumper looked at where the clear coat is peeling. Left down there until early/mid next week for them to respray the bumper, so I'm carless for at least the next 4 days. But they are doing it at no charge, so I suppose I can't really complain. It woulda cost a lot more to pay for a respray, so I would have 'accidentally hit a roo' and claimed it on insurance, but thankfully it didn't come to that.

On the topic of leaving my car in Hobart, I had to hire a car to get home. All well and good except that Budget won't hire V6 cars to under 25's, so an Aurion, Falcon, or Commonwhore were out of the question, and I was stuck with a Nissan Tida. In conclusion, Tidas are crap, and although I returned it to Budget when I got home, I feel it would have been more appropriate of me to have taken it up the bush and burnt it, so no other poor unsuspecting person has to drive that box of sh!t Tida again.

I also got some paint mixed up at a paint shop I know in Hobart, in the dash silver. More on that in the Inside and Out topic I'm about to post.