What did you do to your car today?

I will treat her to a good sponge bath tomorrow because she deserves it.

Can I watch? :P

Looked up more things my car needs to make it meet stupid CAMS rules <_<

I'm not likeing the seconadary bonnet restraint requirement, extra holes in my bonnet most likely :( Thinking of going to a wreckers and seeing if they have any good nick bonnets I can just home job a layer of black paint onto so it doesn't look bogan and puttnig holes in that.

It's yesterday that this applies to, but it still feels like today because I haven't slept yet.

Anyways, I performed my standard tire rotation. During this process, as standard practice, I inspected all tires to make sure they are good and most of all, check for nails. With my luck, I had found a nail stuck in one of my tires. So I took that one down to Bridgestone to get repaired then I finally finished my rotation.

Then I took her to the drags to make sure she is still running like she should. Somewhat disappointed, but oh wells.

I gave it a clean top to bottom inside out. Started detailing the inside with sprays and vacuum. Then went onto the outside and gave it an awesome detail, which I also got to use Meguiars Deep Crystal "Wet look" polish. It made the paint look stunning, then things like tyre shine etc, check for imperfections then give it a cruise around.

It sounds so easy when writing it but after spending several back breaking hours detailing a car inside and out is tiring.

I love the looks I get having the cleanest car on the roads.

The new slimlines I put on give it that extra subliminal umph of extra classy detail to the car. B)

I gave it a clean top to bottom inside out. Started detailing the inside with sprays and vacuum. Then went onto the outside and gave it an awesome detail, which I also got to use Meguiars Deep Crystal "Wet look" polish. It made the paint look stunning, then things like tyre shine etc, check for imperfections then give it a cruise around.

It sounds so easy when writing it but after spending several back breaking hours detailing a car inside and out is tiring.

Needs moar photos.

That's disputable :P

Cleaned her interior up a little, didn't bother with the exterior and packed all my tools, clothes, etc into her ready for my next job down south.

P.S. Andrew, the name of the place is Rothbury.

Cleaned her interior up a little, didn't bother with the exterior and packed all my tools, clothes, etc into her ready for my next job down south.

P.S. Andrew, the name of the place is Rothbury.

Ahh yep, lower hunter valley region.

Drink the wine like it is going out of fashion.

After Guni left i managed to forget my Phone was on the front of my car next to the wiper and drove 3km to the supermarket to see it still there... missus says i must drive smoothly, i said it was some mega luck!

After Guni left i managed to forget my Phone was on the front of my car next to the wiper and drove 3km to the supermarket to see it still there... missus says i must drive smoothly, i said it was some mega luck!

Things in that area tend to stay there I find. Tools especially.

How's this for luck though. I left a pair of pliers on the boot of my sister's car, and she managed to drive 25km without them falling off.

How's this for luck though. I left a pair of pliers on the boot of my sister's car, and she managed to drive 25km without them falling off.

I was helping Tmoney with some stuff and my pliers got left on his battery, after a 2 hour drive they were still perched aloft the battery :lol:

Needs moar photos.

That's disputable :P

Yeah, I've been lazy. I was going to do it straight after cleaning the car but I had to go airport straight after. Should have taken the camera actually, awesome shots there. :lol:

Also, are you challenging me who has the cleanest car :P. I detail mine literally once a week and if I'm really busy with work and stuff at least two weeks.

Also, are you challenging me who has the cleanest car :P. I detail mine literally once a week and if I'm really busy with work and stuff at least two weeks.

Yes I am. And try twice a week. :lol: And my engine bay would be cleaner than yours... I've seen photos of your engine bay :P

:lol: Nah, my car isn't as clean as some others on this board, but I reckon it's pretty clean. Enough that I will challenge you.

Just don't forget the really fine details:

dsc03919.th.jpg dsc03921.th.jpg dsc03915.th.jpg

Yes I am. And try twice a week. :lol: And my engine bay would be cleaner than yours... I've seen photos of your engine bay :P

:lol: Nah, my car isn't as clean as some others on this board, but I reckon it's pretty clean. Enough that I will challenge you.

Just don't forget the really fine details:

dsc03915.th.jpg

LOL their all clean! :P but at the end of the day, its is all in the eye of the beholder as to whoe car is cleanest :)

but! this is my weekly schedule :P

wash saturday arvo finish off with meguiars ultimate quick detailer, dress wheels, meguiars quik interior detailer inside

wash tuesday finish off with meguiars ultimate quick detailer, dress wheels, meguiars quik interior detailer inside

wash thursday (day off from work), inspect surface, if needed clay and swirlX using the DA, if not just 2 layers of chosen wax, and clean interior with gold class trim and dash cleaner, quik interior cleaner, and vacum.

yes, i have problems :P and what makes it worse is... my car is white! :(

Edited by -DAvo

Finished off my battery isolation switch, no idea if CAMS will like it but gets the job done; the rule is a little vague.

Pics and a little more explanation?

LOL their all clean! :P but at the end of the day, its is all in the eye of the beholder as to whoe car is cleanest :)

but! this is my weekly schedule :P

wash saturday arvo finish off with meguiars ultimate quick detailer, dress wheels, meguiars quik interior detailer inside

wash tuesday finish off with meguiars ultimate quick detailer, dress wheels, meguiars quik interior detailer inside

wash thursday (day off from work), inspect surface, if needed clay and swirlX using the DA, if not just 2 layers of chosen wax, and clean interior with gold class trim and dash cleaner, quik interior cleaner, and vacum.

yes, i have problems :P and what makes it worse is... my car is white! :(

Wow and I thought I was pedantic...Although I spose my weekend routine is a few hours in one hit, rather than having a couple of goes at it during the week. But I am up for a challenge too :D So there will be A LOT of work go into the car before the mega meet in Sydney in June hehehe Every weekend I do the lot, wash, vacuum (even if there is like 1 hair on the carpet), polish all glass, dress the wheels, Quik detailer inside and out, interior cleaner, interior fragrance. I am still searching for the right product with which to polish my pedals though..Oh and something to clean my bonnet and headlight protectors. So I'm off to check out the show and shine forum now lol

Well today I spent about an hour with the car in the morning - I tell you I am in love with Mother's Naturally Black, it has had a massive effect on my foglight surrounds in particular, as well as mirrors, door pillars and whatever that black bit is called underneath the rear bumper. Oh and my grille lol Very very easy to use so I will be adding that to my monthly major car clean.

I also put the TRD grille badge on today and replaced the licence plate lights, waiting now until it is dark so I can see the full results of that. Will post some piccies of the badge later in the week as the car is needing a wash. Next weekend project I think is an engine bay clean, although when I was poking around under there today it's actually in pretty good shape.

Edited by Tash