What did you do to your car today?

finally dropped my ride 35mm front and back today and also did a wheel balance and wheel alignment

i hope you're not standing back right this minute wishing you went 50mm bro ;)

Edited by Tinz

I drove 130km from Toowoomba to Redlands.

Used a quater of a tank.

Tested my ABS braking behind a D1CK HEAD driver.

FYI; Was a riced up civic. He was on his red P's.

Left about 1 meter between us.

Got home.

Washed my baby with Armour All: Wash and Wax.Ri

Went down to Bob Jane and got a full set of Adrenalin Potenza RE001 fitted.

Can now go round those corners that extra bit faster.

Ride Comfort is EXCELENT!

Extremely quiet.

Grips well.

Great buy.

tinz; haha nuh im not no way. its 1 finger in the rear and 2 fingers at the front..and it hasnt settled yet.

So two in the pink, one in the stink?

Drove here around for a bit. Made her cough up some error codes. Had them cleared then picked up some goodies (spark plugs, oil, oil filter, brake fluid, intake gaskets, sump plug gasket, throttle body cleaner) all in preparation for her big 90,000km service tomorrow. Then gave her a nice bath ready for tonight's meet.

Dealer service quote: $650 (with me supplying oil and brake fluid)

Service parts cost: $250

Labour: Free thanks to a day off tomorrow.

tinz; haha nuh im not no way. its 1 finger in the rear and 2 fingers at the front..and it hasnt settled yet.

HAAHAHAHA.... man, nice one, i couldnt stop laughing... nearly fell off my chair when i read that :toast:

HAAHAHAHA.... man, nice one, i couldnt stop laughing... nearly fell off my chair when i read that :toast:

Yeah i also laughed my azz off when i read Hiro's post...some mighty fine wit there. :lol:

Changed her oil, oil filter, spark plugs, and brake fluid. Then cleaned out her entire intake with some throttle body cleaner. Then just had a good look around for anything lose or out of the ordinary. Then road tested her to make sure everything was alright.

90,000km service complete. Damn I love the feel of a freshly serviced car.

Feels clean just seeing this:

dsc05577x.jpg

Not my car, but a Toyota nonetheless. Reattached the bump strip in the drivers door of a mates 91 Seca.

Then he gets home and tells me the other doors are coming loose! Gah! Now we've gotta do more tomorrow!

Didn't do anythign to my car because I am out of things to do to it... with the exception of cleaning it, but it's well too hot here to even think of that.

Instead, I fitted an Ultra Racing rear sway bar to the TRD for Ash (SecaBoy).

Also had a near mishap when I was trying to take off his rear wheel. His wheel nuts are the ones that require a hex socket, so he had an adaptor for that so I could use a standard wheel brace. Got the first wheel nut off fine, but then as I was taking off the second one, the socket snapped under the twisting force. Seeing half the socket stuck in the head of the wheel nut wasn't a good sight. I managed to get it out though. Phew.

Threw the back end up on stands to get under there and take a look at why my rear bumper seems to 'flare out' slightly and not fit right behind the back wheel. Was expecting to find bolts or clips missing. What I didn't expect to find was that on both sides there are 2 holes in the bracket the bumper bolts to, and both sides seem to be bolted to the wrong holes, and the plastic 'tab/bracket' behind (and joined to) the bumper nearly snapped off both sides! Not happy Jan.

Needless to say I will be in at Toyota straight after work tomorrow for a new bumper.

Edited by Paradigm

removed the corolla and ascent badges looks smick without them, washed her, gave the rims a clean got a wheel alignment took her 4 a drive and now shes jus waitin outside so i can put her in the garage for the night ready for tomorrow