What did you do to your car today?

Just dropped it off at Gary's Car Audio...trying to rectify rear parcelshelf vibration. :unsure:

Well just picked her up and the verdict is...95% of the vibrations are GONE :D ,6 more sheets of dynamat and remounted front & rear speakers in baffled spacers,seems to have tightened up the sound and reduced the rattle/vibration heaps.Going back tommorrow to see how things have settled and have it properly tuned by someone that knows what there doing instead of me fumbling my way through the many different options available with my H/Unit and imprint processor.

gave her a 'shock' treatment of Fuel Doctor

Make sure to keep up with the 25mL maintenance treatments every fill ;)

I prefer the Italian tuneup method :P

I do both :P

doing a full detail on my aurion today and it looks like its going to flow into tomorrow LOL

What ive done so far:

washed with meguiars gold class shampoo

clayed entire car using meguiars smooth clay kit

meguiars ultimate compound over whole car with meguiars DA g220

*1 x coopers pale ale*

meguiars swirlX over whole car using w8206 pad

*1 x coopers pale ale*

Meguiars #7 show car glaze

*1 x coopers pale ale*

wipe down with meguiars final inspection.

first layer of meguiars NXT techwax 2.0

now waiting for wax to set, and will leave the car 12 hrs before putting on 2nd application :P

and ive just realised ive run outta beer! :o

Yesterday I cleaned out the intake side of my engine..

Throttle body coolant bypass... Done

Hondata heat shield intake manifold gasket... Installed

Throttle body.. Thoroughly cleaned with carby cleaner

Intake manifold itself.. Cleaned up towards the head side on the runners.

Yesterday silly me wasn't paying attention to the fuel gauge in the stivo and i drove it for nearly 80km's with the fuel light on , i was astounded i made it back home and to the fuel station!

Got the Hilux filthy dirty on some state forest tracks after some decent rain on the way to a remote waterfall and swimming hole. Washed a bit off with a few creek crossings and narrowly missed running over 2 snakes and 2 goanna's one of which was roughly 6 feet long!!

Yesterday silly me wasn't paying attention to the fuel gauge in the stivo and i drove it for nearly 80km's with the fuel light on , i was astounded i made it back home and to the fuel station!

I use to drive it to it was almost bone dry! :P :P :P :P :P

DSC00348.jpg

61L

DSC00346.jpg

60L

You should be good for at least another 100KMs once the light first pop up ;)

I use to drive it to it was almost bone dry! :P :P :P :P :P

DSC00348.jpg

61L

DSC00346.jpg

60L

You should be good for at least another 100KMs once the light first pop up ;)

Guni my Mrs did 109km on the fuel light!! Gave me a total of 791kms for peak hours traffic commuting!! I then got the job to limp to the servo for fuel!! Put 10mm shy of 63L in the Sportivo!! My guess is the only thing left in the tank were fumes!!!!

Looked at some datalogs from the PowerFC and contemplated changing some things.

Guni my Mrs did 109km on the fuel light!! Gave me a total of 791kms for peak hours traffic commuting!! I then got the job to limp to the servo for fuel!! Put 10mm shy of 63L in the Sportivo!! My guess is the only thing left in the tank were fumes!!!!

I did 180km on the light, and still only got 58L or so in :toast: But 100km is my standard before filling up.

When the light comes on only 50L will fit the tank, so it's up to the driver as to how frugal they wish to drive during this period (I'm not retrieving anyone :P). I'd be interested to know exactly how big the tank is, including the filler nozzle.

SuperCheap has a 20% store wide sale and I stocked up on oil ...... about few hundred bucks of it ??? :P :P :P :P

1 store ran out of it so I continued my shopping at another store ... :toast:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looked at some datalogs from the PowerFC and contemplated changing some things.

I did 180km on the light, and still only got 58L or so in :toast: But 100km is my standard before filling up.

When the light comes on only 50L will fit the tank, so it's up to the driver as to how frugal they wish to drive during this period (I'm not retrieving anyone :P). I'd be interested to know exactly how big the tank is, including the filler nozzle.

I did run it bone dry once but didn't manage to make it in time to the servo so RACV came to my rescue... They wasn't sure how many liters was in their jerry can and I ended up putting just under 55L when I got to the servo ....

Started to do a long-overdue oil change on the Celica yesterday, but then it started raining and I had to abandon it (fortunately didn't get far enough in for it to render the car undriveable). Would have done it in the garage but that space is permanently taken by the Twincam which we _really_ should get around to parting out and scrapping.