What did you do to your car today?

Yeah it did, flipped me around and hit the railing again from behind. Minimal damage to the rear tho, other then the tail light it could all be fixed with a sand and respray. Gave me a good bump tho, think it hurt more then the front collision because it kinda thrust me forwards a bit but I was pinned down by the seatbelt.

Railing is barely damaged as well, which is good cause I'm pretty sure they'd make me pay for it. They're bloody tough!

If anyones after salvage from the rear end of a 7th gen or the interior (minus dash and steering wheel), keep an eye on Perth wreckers.

Railing is barely damaged as well, which is good cause I'm pretty sure they'd make me pay for it. They're bloody tough!

If anyones after salvage from the rear end of a 7th gen or the interior (minus dash and steering wheel), keep an eye on Perth wreckers.

Yep, damage to roadside furniture you have to pay for, hence why if you can, run!

And never hit a Telstra/Energex box, those things are like $12+k to fix/replace! Light poles/traffic lights are another expensive one.

Terryo might be interested; he seems to be mentioned in any talks about your car.

Yep, damage to roadside furniture you have to pay for, hence why if you can, run!

And never hit a Telstra/Energex box, those things are like $12+k to fix/replace! Light poles/traffic lights are another expensive one.

Terryo might be interested; he seems to be mentioned in any talks about your car.

One question, are you covered by insurance when u hit the poles or traffic lights..?? or it is something u have to fork out on your own??

One question, are you covered by insurance when u hit the poles or traffic lights..?? or it is something u have to fork out on your own??

That's what I thought CTP insurance was for. Or am I thinking of the wrong thing.

Also I thought that your standard comprehensive insurance also covers third party property damage as well up to a rather large amount.

That's what I thought CTP insurance was for. Or am I thinking of the wrong thing.

Also I thought that your standard comprehensive insurance also covers third party property damage as well up to a rather large amount.

I dont know if my insurance covers third party damage or anything, but thats because I havent needed to know and theres no real damage to the railing (you can see where other people have hit it as well, damn things strong!).

My fault or not, insurance has to pay up, difference being, if its not my fault it doesnt effect my no-claim and I dont need to pay an excess. Now my noclaim will go down a bit and I have to pay like $650 excess.

Yeah mate most full comp insurance should cover light pole/bus stops ect ect...with Shannons they have covered me for upto 6 million dollars for damages i might cause in an accident...maybe driving thru a shopping mall smashing into everything you see might get close to the 6mil in damages. :P

CTP = Compulsory Third Party, and is designed to cover injury and damage caused to people you hit. It is compulsory (as part of rego) so in the case of an accident, at least things which can't be replaced by money (ie people) are still covered even if the drivers involved don't have any other insurance on third-party property (ie damage to the other car) or comprehensive (covers ~everything).

As far as i know insurance dose cover if you happen to damage property [poles, fences, walls etc]

my mate had a microsleep once, drove through a fence, through a lil wall and then into a ditch... insurance paid for all damages

He just paid his excess... and watched his premium rise lol

Very nice...is this making the Sydney meet in june?

fuel used 3/4 tank, distance traveled 534km, average fuel 6.1ltrs/100

....but at the end, there was ice-cream :)

You do know you can get a Paddle Pop in Sydney too... Bathurst again?

I washed mine and stared at it, thinking :g:

Called HBF... got some mixed messages and apparently the assessor will be calling me next week.

Seriously if this thing is going to be repaired thats just ****** up, the whole front of the car needs replacing and the repair shop showed me just how twisted the thing was...

Me thinks I'll have to be pretty clear when I chat with the assessor next week.

I gave the interior a full detail today. I usually do a once over inside but this time I went full out. I used Meguires leather cleaner and used heaps, the amount of crap that came out of the seats was amazing!

I went through two micro fibre clothes because the first once just went filthy and black after rubbing in the leather cleaner. Now the car smells like new and the seats shine and are nice and slippery. Not sticky or anything.

I amorall'd all the dash and trim and then I gave a vacuum for like 45 minutes. I think I took like half an inch of carpet off from vacuuming so much haha!

Then I used Oust anti-bacterial surface spray into the aircon vent under the glove box, then sprayed all the carpets with it.

The car smells and looks like it came out of the factory. I'm in love with it now, I wanted to take my shoes off goes inside :P.

I still need to detail the outside of the car though but didn't bother as its still not bad and it's going to be raining in Melbourne according to the weather reports so don't want to bother.

:D

Whoopie, finally got the call from HBF (once your actually talking to your claims officer its ok as they actually know whats happening :P) and my car has been written off. Now I can start looking at new cars.