Thursday night Dinner meet up

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good to hear nothing to serious, don't want trouble on those roads, the more accidents out there the sooner they drop the speed limit

wise words elgin, september looks like a goer for me as well. especially if I can trounce that ralliart at the loop last night. he's got to catch my time first - gold

evo7 - here i was thinking you would boost up the rolla and give elgin a run

whitestivo

good to hear nothing to serious, don't want trouble on those roads, the more accidents out there the sooner they drop the speed limit

wise words elgin, september looks like a goer for me as well. especially if I can trounce that ralliart at the loop last night. he's got to catch my time first - gold

evo7 - here i was thinking you would boost up the rolla and give elgin a run

whitestivo

i will boost up the rolla... but i dont have multifunction computers to do the driving for me :P

Evo

you don't need em, as superdave says, turn em off

now, what's happened to you and your lil motor vehicle?

whitestivo

nothing has happened, just been a bit busy to come out all the way up there... and for those that are wondering or if rumor has spread, i haven't lost my licence lol :lol:

Evo

i dont have a problem with the day but 9pm is a bit late dont u think, we yarn on some times and it gets to 1 in the morning and were still there. i eat dinner and sit around for 2 hours doing nothing in that time getting tired then leave at 8:45.

why not meet at 8 instead, im sure a few would back me on this seeing you have work in the morning as well as training (phil)

i dont have a problem with the day but 9pm is a bit late dont u think, we yarn on some times and it gets to 1 in the morning and were still there. i eat dinner and sit around for 2 hours doing nothing in that time getting tired then leave at 8:45.

why not meet at 8 instead, im sure a few would back me on this seeing you have work in the morning as well as training (phil)

That should go into the Brisbane Meetup thread. But yes, I agree with the idea of starting the meet at 8pm. I sometimes waste an hour or two at home before the meet.

If we have a monthly dinner thing though, I'm sure we would have that at 7:30pm like last night.

I don't want to get into the "I'm faster than you" kind of debate which pushes people to go harder and harder, and usually ends up as a white cross on the side of the road....which is why I always concede defeat. :D Everyone drives to their own limit, as long as we all have fun and live to talk about it, it's all good......

Mmmm September QR....

I don't like that whole argument either... except if it's based on track figures. Someone always tries to be the hero and ends up wrecking something. That's why I absolutely hate being at the front of anything like a mountain run. I like to always follow because the guy in front will always set the upper limit for me.

Hell yeah!!! I can't wait till QR in September.

Hell yeah!!! I can't wait till QR in September.

Just come tomorrow :D

I tried to get the meets to start at 8pm or so about 12 months ago, but no one seemed interested. Seems stupid to hang around till midnight if so many of use get up at 5:30.

I tried to start the meets earlier as well but got too many whinges from people who said they couldn't make an 8pm start. I'd be happy as to start earlier cuase 4-5 hrs sleep just makes work the next day a bit hard.

Monthly dinner will be a 7.30pm start and will basically be the meet up for that week. If any want to meet at the loop afterwards then that is their choice.

theres nothing wrong with people rocking up at 8pm and then whoever wants to come at 9pm can come then..

most of the time when i come to the loop, i get there about 8.30pm... lol

Sounds logical. I could easily do that. We should trial it for a week or two. Just mention it in the meet thread if you plan to be there at 8pm.

Thursday night meets at 9pm or whatever aren't a "date". Set time is basically to say majority will make an appearance then... Except for these Thursday night dinner meets :).

It can't be that much of an issue if you rock up at 8, 9 or 10pm. May I suggest whoever wishes to attend early and expects some to meet up with them to post in the Brisbane Meet Up thread. Perhaps post I'll be there at whatever time and whoever wants to be there I see you there... done! LOL

So for example if you all finish dinner meet and head off to loop then leave loop for home at like 9pm then so be it. And if I rock up at 10pm and no ones there then too bad for me or whoever... I'm sure there isn't an expectation for meets now :S?

As SB said... it's the individual's choice.