IRC Room

the_random_hero

Hey guys, as a 'trial' I've piggybacked a TOCAU IRC room onto the boostcruising server. If it's used a lot, then there's a lot more chance there will be a dedicated TOCAU one at some point :) I've gotten admin to put a bot in there as a temporary measure to keep the channel open, don't be too surprised if you get randomly kicked as there are some strange scripts it is running.

To join, get an IRC client (I use mIRC, probably the easiest one to use), then type in /server irc.boostnetwork.com. You will then be connected to the boostcruising server. Next, type in /nick *insertnamehere* to set your username. Finally, type in /join #TOCAU to join the channel.

Any problems just ask me in here or by PM, I'll be glad to help you all out.

mIRC.. blast from the past.. people still use IRC? would have thought MSN, Ymsnger, Myspace, Bebo n Facebook would have killed that off.

I used to frequent mIRC until ICQ took over my online chat habits. I used to love how ICQ could start a live chat where you see what they type as they type it. Then after that it was MSN Messenger for me. Been with that ever since.

mIRC.. blast from the past.. people still use IRC? would have thought MSN, Ymsnger, Myspace, Bebo n Facebook would have killed that off.

It's so much effort to get all the TOCAU people I've got on my MSN contacts in the same chat at once :P

IRC is much easier to handle.

Hi there, a/s/l ?

Oh man, that brings back memories of my first time in IRC. I joined in a room and someone said the same thing. I paused for a moment wondering what it meant and after about 20 seconds they asked again and I was really puzzled. And that's how it all began.