QR September 19th

I'm heading in from Greenslopes around 11am.

Last time Gav and I met up at BP at Redbank Plains or similar.

If Daryl is faster than me around the track you should trade your TRD in immediately and buy a SX6...

Spectators are great, give you heaps of tips about driving lines and braking times, Gav helped me out enormously last time

Not to mention it gives other people the bug. Evan!

whitestivo

haha, evan will be installing his S/C that day.

on a semi related note, when is the next day you guys are going to go to?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be it for Whitestivo at QR

I'm content with the stivo now knowing that it punches above its weight. I think after the drifting night with DJ and Drew, something with some FI is on the agenda again. I forgot how much of a rush it was getting power at 3000rpm instead of 6000rpm

So I'll stop mods and QR until a new set of wheels come into the garage next year. The stivo only just ticked over 70,000km so shes still fresh as a daisy and the gearbox is still excellent.

whitestivo

Edited by whitestivo

... I'm also somewhat nervous.

That's good, because if you don't have some kind of nerves you shouldn't be out there. Nerves make sure you don't try and hold it flat through turn 1.

This is why I'm afraid to do QR Dave. :P No trees and big drop offs to keep me honest, how would I pace my self? :o

... I'm also somewhat nervous.

That's good, because if you don't have some kind of nerves you shouldn't be out there. Nerves make sure you don't try and hold it flat through turn 1.

This is why I'm afraid to do QR Dave. :P No trees and big drop offs to keep me honest, how would I pace my self? :o

By trying to beat that Silvia in front of you, or the 6L black VE commodore :P

i was just thinking the same thing, nerves keep you on the black stuff. I got to remember to drive within myself.

I mentioned QR at work today, and one of the listeners started to tell me they did 215 on the m1 on the weekend. I gave em a fair serve in front of the group and said they had missed the point.

Remember DJKOR, this is a controlled environment. As good as Gav thinks he is, the track gives you options if you get it wrong. Don't be afraid to choose the dirt. And you will get a 30-40 minute intro first, which I'm likely to sit through again, just to remind myself what's going on.

whitestivo

You need some learnin mista!

I've pushed the envelope in certain environments before. But the hillclimb provides a limitation that circuit does not. That lack of that limitation bothers me. If I get it wrong pushing my limits like I normally do, it's not the same as someone else doing it.

Gav.

Phil, from myself I expect every lap to be faster than the previous, pushing my limits, looking for the fastest way around until the car just slides trying.

If I haven't spun out at some point, then I haven't gone my hardest. Pacing myself will only get the car hot and kill the tyres and heatsoak the turbo.

I wonder if the gps will work on the race track

DJ, you have probably already done it, check everything tonight

That means for me, open bonnet, check motor still there and oil in it, then shut.

In all seriousness, have a good go over your car. Take sht out of it, like tools and magazines and stuff.

Tyre pressures go up tonight for me. My old 195.55 where 32psi cold, 38 for track, what people reckon for new 205.55, 36psi cold, i'm thinking 40 psi track.

Oh, bring food and water, gets hot out there. And a chair!

whitestivo

bring it trd lazer

gav, there are people there running 1.20, you know EVO Ralliart's and stuff, so you just got to pace yourself

whitestivo

Hahahahaha! You crack me up WS. A little bit of humility would not go astray. Afterall no one goes out there to race each other. Its all about bettering yourself. As for a 1.20, show me where in the AWD category that soemone pulled a 1.20 :P Need i remind you once again that in a power to weight ratio war the stivo wins hands down. QR Not being a track that need torque to get you out of corners, means the stivo should be faster if looking at the figures alone.

I wonder if the gps will work on the race track

It will, but depends on if the track is mapped into it. I might check that in a moment. I have found some strange things mapped in mine.

DJ, you have probably already done it, check everything tonight

My front is jacked up with the wheels off and is cooling down as we speak. Will be checking it all after I finish my lunch. Somewhat don't completely trust that Toyota looked at it in depth.

Take sht out of it, like tools and magazines and stuff.

Did that this morning. Car is like factory inside.

Tyre pressures go up tonight for me. My old 195.55 where 32psi cold, 38 for track, what people reckon for new 205.55, 36psi cold, i'm thinking 40 psi track.

That is meant to be my next question. Bridgestone recommended my tire pressure be 38 PSI. Now that's what I put it to when cold and don't think any more about it's hot temperature when on the road.

For the track, should it still be 38 PSI when cold and in that respect, how much higher should they be within for the track when hot?

Got myself a new tire pressure gauge today to keep an eye on things.

Oh, bring food and water, gets hot out there. And a chair!

Thanks for the advice mate.