new anti hoon low

Ascendant Rice

just saw on the new that soon it will be illegal to lower or raise your car more then 5cms. excluding already modified cars.

whats your opinion on this?

i saw it too... that SUCKS!!! See how they were showing all the cars doin burnouts... Just becoz u have a lowered car it doesnt mean u'll do burnouts!!! I wonder who comes up wit these STUPID LAWS!!! Whoever it is UR A W-A-N-K-E-R!!!

Edited by GTL05T

You got to hand it to everyone tho. Every post was in a different section of the forum haha. But on topic, will this apply if i get king lows? Cause I know they lower your car by 3.5 cm so what happens then?

You got to hand it to everyone tho. Every post was in a different section of the forum haha. But on topic, will this apply if i get king lows? Cause I know they lower your car by 3.5 cm so what happens then?

King lows will be fine, its less than 5cm

I hope this won't be introduced to VIC <_<

hahaha, 'saving lives', what is this? lets reduce the death toll by 0.000000000000000001%?

but thats the only thing they can appeal to - guilt. funnily enough, lowering actually improves the handling of your car and less likely to spin out compared to oem height. its not the mods that cause accidents, just the cocky attitude. its frustrating how mp's never seem to make that connection, they just go for the tokyo drift stereotype

hahaha, 'saving lives', what is this? lets reduce the death toll by 0.000000000000000001%?

but thats the only thing they can appeal to - guilt. funnily enough, lowering actually improves the handling of your car and less likely to spin out compared to oem height. its not the mods that cause accidents, just the cocky attitude. its frustrating how mp's never seem to make that connection, they just go for the tokyo drift stereotype

Just lowering the car doesn't necessarily make it handle better, otherwise every sports car out there would have cut springs :P

The handling benefit comes from a properly matched set of springs, shocks and roll-bars, which most people don't bother to do - they just whack on whatever is cheap/on-special/their-mates-have etc, and assume that it handles/rides better and is safer.

how can they determine how much u have lowered the car by?

and does it take into account cars that are under load? i.e. 4 passangers and a full tank of fuel?

i rekon the way to save younger drives lives on the road would be to implement a first car owners grant. just like the first home owners, it would enable younger drivers to buy newer cars, that are safer eg airbags, ABS, traction, EBD etc. rather than stopping people lowering the cars y dont they concentrate on actually implementing laws/regulations that WILL save lives.

like the engine restrictions. as much as i hate the law, and can't wait till i get my full licence to give them a big F*** you with a fast car, the fact is it saves lives, banning people from lowering the car is just stupid. just the politicians trying to show our parents 'the voters' that they care and are actually trying to do something about the road death toll.

Another thing while im on the topic. I'm sick of fully licenced people tail gating me when i do the speed limit. they can't seem to make up their mind, i speed they give me dirty looks and yell stuff at me, i do the speed limit and i get tailed and harassed. :angry:

ah that feels better, lol :P

Edited by addy287

can't wait till i get my full licence to give them a big F*** you with a fast car

x2

I can then imagine them giving you a big F*** you too with a speeding ticket.

can't wait till i get my full licence to give them a big F*** you with a fast car

x2

the way i meant it was to own a fast car lol not speed :)

The only way this law can actually save a life is that lowering a car may cause a deadly scenario in the event of a car colliding with a pedestrian, otherwise in handling etc it actually should make the car safer..

x2

the way i meant it was to own a fast car lol not speed :)

Haha - spot on there, DJKOR.

Why bother owning the fast car then?

I know exactly what you are saying, but its this eye for an eye attitude that keeps creating laws like this. Here's a quick roleplay of what that attitude ends up with:

Govt = "We're gonna lower the speed limit again for young drivers"

P plater = "Yeah, well im just gonna say F*** you when i get a full license and drive whatever speed I want -and I'll mod the hell out of my car to make it fast"

(months later)

Govt = "Too many people are fanging around on lowered cars. We are gonna limit how much you can lower them"

P plater = "Well im just gonna wait until I have my full license and say F*** you with a big fast car"

... What I'm trying to say here is that with that attitude, it wont be long until there are import restrictions on what sort of vehicles actually enter the market.

... What I'm trying to say here is that with that attitude, it wont be long until there are import restrictions on what sort of vehicles actually enter the market.

Then they'll just say 'f*** you, i'm gonna put an ls1 into my hyundai excel thats got a gt-wing already on it'

It's kinda sad that the minority ("hoons") has to spoil the modding scene for the majority.. Now everyone who mods their cars are considered "hoon" according to Mr Daley.. :huh:

Soon, we'll all have to wear fluoro vest and helmets to drive down to Woolworths to buy some milk..

It's kinda sad that the minority ("hoons") has to spoil the modding scene for the majority.. Now everyone who mods their cars are considered "hoon" according to Mr Daley.. :huh:

Soon, we'll all have to wear fluoro vest and helmets to drive down to Woolworths to buy some milk..

For the love of god, don't give them ideas!

My car's lowered 5.5cms and its still sitting 110mm off the ground and have plenty of clearance at the guards. I think the thing you can still lower it as much as you like but if you do lower it more than 5cm you will need to get a mod plate which I personally think is a good idea. Just think of all those people driving down the street with their wheels negatively cambered heaps and "can't" turn corners very well because they are too low and the tyres will scrub the guards. These are the cars that will hit a mid corner bump, lose it and run into someone or something. Engineers won't pass this.

Edited by STYLSH

word of mouth, i heard u have to get a blue slip for lowered cars, then go rta n give em blue slip....

then if police pull u over, they check their comp and if they suspect u lowered ya car they can see u have and its been cleared...

if they suspect u lowered your car and u havnt got a notice giving to the rta from a blueslip, they can place your car with a defect and u have to get it cleared saying how low it is, and even if it hasnt been lowered u have to still get it saying it standard just to get ridd of the defect !!

this correct??? -- again word of mouth...

sorry bad spelling laying down with laptop

Bloody new laws, I"M FINISHED LoL

Police should know by now that ppl wit low cars are always drivin slow anyways, especially in Sydney your on constant look out for potholes or bumps in the road. If you drive fast there is just more of a chance to damage somethin so you gotta drive carefully.

Its all these young blokes in Geminis with Makita coilovers sittin on one coil that give us a bad name.

Government is just gonna make heaps of money now from all the engineers certificates ppl get