BKS - KE70 jdm panda style project

Blind Kid Seeks

Well guys.. seeing as how i am selling the sportivo... i thought i best buy something else to keep me happy....

and here she is.

resize_image_152494667.jpg

resize_image_152576137.jpg

i bought the car for $400, the watanabes for $480, and some new tyres... not road worthy yet or registered.

363XXC kms, Factory aircon, and 5 spd joy! 4KC engine is pathetic, but i dont care. its a cool little car.

heres a bit of inspriation.. should give you a bit of an idea of where i am heading with this project.

img_8849.jpg

things to be done....

new front bumper

clean and oil the window wiper motors

degrease

black panda decals

suspension... needs to drop buy about 40mm

rust removal from the boot

new tail lights

new dash pad.. current has a crack

throw out bearing... current makes a bit o' noise.

brakes

so yeah bit of a work in progress, keen to hear what you think.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shes nice i have the same rims in gloss black but i think mine are forged alloy. its also gettin the panda paintjob done but man ur car is so nice i have always liked that shape.

Edited by cruzer

Wow! thats nice and very ol' skool

economic on fuel even by today's standards?

i like the potential end result . . . do keep us updated on your project BKS

Nice little purchase Andy...well done. B)

btw speaking of panda,i was watching SBS late last night and there was a movie with Shah's AE86 Panda complete with Tofu boy decals on the door,now i know where his tofu inspiration come from. :lol:

shes nice i have the same rims in gloss black but i think mine are forged alloy. its also gettin the panda paintjob done but man ur car is so nice i have always liked that shape.

the Wheels are genuine watanabe, i would neve paint them... the raw finish is beautiful.

like andy mentioned to me and ive seen first hand from user "Bowler" engine power isnt too much of a concern (depending on what you want the car to do) pretty sure andy is more a fan of corners than straight line speed. Fair sure andy is going to have this thing handling like a dream once he is finished with it.

Bowlers nova for example is running a 4AC and i think at the time was not running in optimum condition but still was unreal through the twisties i remember he was behind me on one cruise and where it was long open bends and straights i pulled away no prob but as soon as it came to twisties he was tickling my bumper lol.....sportivo stock shocks king lows, rear sway and front strut was useless in comparison to his ideal setup.......which was basically the same as andys old AE92 SX...which was also surprising on a cruise last year.

I just cant wait to have a look at this old beast in the flesh

yeah true....just means you need to find some roads that max out at 60kmh and are really really tight lol...

just the look of it when done will be enough.....will put a smile on alot of ppls faces...especially those mid 40's guys who had a sweet version back in the hey day

nice find mate! fastidiously clean as usual :P

lucky you got it with air con, itd be like a tin can in summer otherwise

Edited by lateralus

congratz on the purchase, small projects have a way of turning into major ones............ also want to see some one with a zze do a panda paint job, id be willing to do it for some one sydney for cheap just to see it!!!!