Andrew's Supercharged 2003 Camry V6 with bacon + egg, no sauce.

Andrew357

Just a hasty pic of the CAI for your interests:

CAI.jpg

And yes, I bloody know my engine bay is dirty. I wonder if Daryl has some free time...

That looks PHAT!!!! I bet it must freakin ROAR!!!!! Good work....

bay.jpg

brace.jpg

Brace is finished and put in.

She is pretty stiff, but haven't given her a good run in so I can't compare it to the UR brace. Definitely stiffer than the stock brace. I suspect it won't be as stiff as the UR brace due to the extra height providing a greater moment arm.

• Like 1

sucks... i saw an update and pics of the engine bay and i got excited... :lol:

i thought the s/c was finally in... :(

x2 haha

still looks the goods Andrew :)

x2 haha

still looks the goods Andrew :)

Yeah got me to :lol:...nice job on the brace,seems to clear eveything nicely.

Hush little ones, hush. Soon is the key word. Soon.

• Like 1

Looking good there Andrew. Getting so close now.

Out of curiosity by the way, from the moment you dropped your car off to CES, how long did they need to keep your car to get the intake done? A day... or more than a day?

• Like 1

Looking good there Andrew. Getting so close now.

Out of curiosity by the way, from the moment you dropped your car off to CES, how long did they need to keep your car to get the intake done? A day... or more than a day?

Yeah man, getting excited. Just ordered the last of the parts required for the install. A few gaskets and things.

CES took the car for the day but due to the MAF issue, I had to take it back (as I initially rejected the offer to insert the reducer). Apparently it took them 2.5-3hrs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just did a quick video to show the induction noise before the charger goes on, it's a shame I'm going to lose it. Oh well, being whiney is much better than having a whine about it.

Oh, 0-100 approx 7.84seconds. Still too slow.

Please wait a few seconds for Video to Load!
  • Like 1

Sounds sweet dude!

I really missed the induction noise..... as i have put my stock back in with the resonators removed.

Can't wait for the update with the S/C hehehe.

You put the airbox back in... why?

As for the S/C Update? You're not the only one who can't wait. The funny thing is though I am excited, but it's more of a feeling of just getting it out of the way. The whole saga took way too long.

• Like 1

Nice ride andrew looks awesome.Does anyone if i4 and the V6 have same tranny and what do you think about the short shifter good or bad, easy to install ?

I don't know if the I4 and V6 share the same transmission or not, but I can comment on the TWM Shifter though.

With the bush kit ($19.95 when bought with the shifter) the short shifter kit is an excellent buy and reduces the throw by a fair margin (apparently 30%). With a weighted knob as well, shifting at speed is not an issue. Stiff and smooth.

Bah, can't sleep in anticipation of the Stage 1 install. Going to be a long 3 days I think. 2 days to install, 1 day of lots of driving.

• Like 1

Nice ride andrew looks awesome.Does anyone if i4 and the V6 have same tranny and what do you think about the short shifter good or bad, easy to install ?

I don't know if the I4 and V6 share the same transmission or not, but I can comment on the TWM Shifter though.

With the bush kit ($19.95 when bought with the shifter) the short shifter kit is an excellent buy and reduces the throw by a fair margin (apparently 30%). With a weighted knob as well, shifting at speed is not an issue. Stiff and smooth.

Bah, can't sleep in anticipation of the Stage 1 install. Going to be a long 3 days I think. 2 days to install, 1 day of lots of driving.

on the TWM website it doesn't say anything about what motor so it might fit were did you get yours from and how much

oh and do you know if the standard gear knob fits?

on the TWM website it doesn't say anything about what motor so it might fit were did you get yours from and how much

oh and do you know if the standard gear knob fits?

Further communication in PM.

Stage 1 of the supercharger install is complete. Biggest issue of the day was the bleeding of the new brake setup, the clutch just did not want to do what it should have done. Used an extra 500ml just getting it right.

Everything is ready for tomorrow however.

Come on UPDATE!! On second note, where are we cruising to tomorrow? :P I know you want to drive somewhere :P

And yes Dave was cussing a lot at the little bubbles coming from the clutch bleeder.

Edited by STYLSH

She's in!

bay2.jpg

Big thanks to SupaTouring (Dave) who did all the work for the install (plus 99% of the research as well).

The install was split over 2 days and things didn't quite go to plan (being the first time we've seen a Gen 5 with the supercharger install + Dave only having experience with the Gen 4's and me with... nothing). All the gear minus the strut brace (which I'll put on tomorrow when I do an oil change) and the boost controller have been installed.

After abit of cursing and abit of shopping around (and a close call) we were able to get the majority of the work tonight around 8.15pm.

DRIVING:

I've done about 150km already (80km when I accidently went to Beaudesert...) and I am incredibly impressed with the extra power I have. As warned by Anthony and Dave, launching @ anything more than 2000-2100RPM resulted in wheelspin but When I got it right the pickup was excellent. I didn't go past 5200RPM as I don't have the boost controller in yet, I've been told from 5200-6200RPM I'll see even further (noticeable) power gains. Boost controller goes in on Monday so I am pretty keen to see how much better things get in the higher ranges. Engine response is great.

Supercharger whine is also nice as well. Got plenty of looks as I whined my way around and home, it was pretty sweet. Ninja camry.

I can't think of anything I should be talking about, but I'm a little tired + excited so it's confusing...!

Wicked mate. I'm really excited as well about all this. Can't wait to see it running and to hear that sweet whine that I am unfortunately missing.

... and we had to do a ghetto mod. We are using a nylon barb that we forced into a socket which gave us enough room to put the charger down.

Well at least there was a Plan B already prepared just in case :lol:

Supercharger whine is also nice as well. Got plenty of looks as I whined my way around and home, it was pretty sweet. Ninja camry.

Supercharger whine is one of those things that you certainly notice more than a turbo blow off. It's just that unique.

Come on UPDATE!! On second note, where are we cruising to tomorrow? :P I know you want to drive somewhere :P

And yes Dave was cussing a lot at the little bubbles coming from the clutch bleeder.

I think I am heading out to the spit tomorrow as my friend (who owns a MY00 WRX) is down there for her birthday. Just waiting for her to see where she wants to meet up.

Anthony, you'd better not tempt me. Knowing my luck you'll make me push things too hard and I'll damage the engine...!

Wicked mate. I'm really excited as well about all this. Can't wait to see it running and to hear that sweet whine that I am unfortunately missing.

... and we had to do a ghetto mod. We are using a nylon barb that we forced into a socket which gave us enough room to put the charger down.

Well at least there was a Plan B already prepared just in case :lol:

Supercharger whine is one of those things that you certainly notice more than a turbo blow off. It's just that unique.

Will definitely be at the loop this Thursday

Lol make sure you drive sedately in there. Dont want any po po attention. But in saying that, they probably wouldnt even notice the s/c there. Watch your fuel gauge drop rapidly as the whine addiction occurs :P

I've been told from 5200-6200RPM I'll see even further (noticeable) power gains.

Yup power band is a straight line up all the way to fuel cut, doesnt plateau out at high rpm. And torque is 1 flat straight line :)

Edited by STYLSH

Well done Andrew,very nice mod :clap: ...all this supercharging has got me thinking evil thoughts about my Aurion.

p.s also big props to Dave :)

Well done Andrew,very nice mod clap.gif ...all this supercharging has got me thinking evil thoughts about my Aurion.

p.s also big props to Dave smile.gif

Evil thoughts? Evil thoughts would only be evil if you are thinking Turbo... wink.gif. Big props to Dave indeed. He was considering starting his own bush mechanics type setup "Bodge and Bodgier" I believe the coined term was.

Congrats Andrew! Woot Australia's first TRD supercharged Gen 5 Camry :D

Pity it wasn't ready for a Peachester run yesterday. :(

Edited by 11TWO

F*ck yeah! Its finally installed... You will have to take me for a run next time you are at a meet :D

Now you are part of the exclusive NA > FI crew hahaha.

screw you d, turbo whistle FTW :D

Congrats Andrew! Woot Australia's first TRD supercharged Gen 5 Camry :D

Pity it wasn't ready for a Peachester run yesterday. :(

Thanks Lawrence.

AusCam cruise? How was it?

F*ck yeah! Its finally installed... You will have to take me for a run next time you are at a meet :D

Now you are part of the exclusive NA > FI crew hahaha.

screw you d, turbo whistle FTW :D

Will give you a run if you wish, but your celica probably still has more guts huh.gif