Andrew's Supercharged 2003 Camry V6 with bacon + egg, no sauce.

Andrew357

Niice, how light is your Camry compared to an Aurion?

Stock, about 150kg. So she benefits from running the Aurion brake + rotor setup as well :toast:

Niice, how light is your Camry compared to an Aurion?

Stock, about 150kg. So she benefits from running the Aurion brake + rotor setup as well :toast:

Cool. cant wait to hear back from your next dyno run.

Had some work done on the suspension yesterday.

SuperPro lower steering rack, SuperPro lower control arm double offset, SuperPro engine steady + SuperPro trailing arm bushes.

Noticeable difference in how the car drives. It's significantly stiffer (so the KYB's aren't as soft as I first thought), I can feel the engine jump when I short shift and the steering is significantly tighter and more direct.

Got a really good price on the parts (that I didn't have) and the installation. :toast:

Jealous! Most of my major mods will have to wait till early next year cause I am saving up for a trip to south america. Hopefully it will be in tip-top shape like yours for the next annual meet in Brissy.

Jealous! Most of my major mods will have to wait till early next year cause I am saving up for a trip to south america. Hopefully it will be in tip-top shape like yours for the next annual meet in Brissy.

Only did it because it was causing my rear sway bar to scrape against my strut. Very annoying squeak and it's generally not good.

Very happy with the new feel though.

nice one! :)

any plans on putting it on the dyno to get an updated figure?

Yeah man, trying to get in touch with Craig @ Dyno Hire. It won't give me much in terms of peak power, but it should finally put me past 155kW and stop Dave (SupaTouring aka The Viking) from laughing at me every time I talk about not having enough power.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrew, Congrats with the TRD Supercharger setup.

I was following this thread awhile back as I was also interested in this Setup as well (I also drive a MCV36R V6 Manual).

Just wondering in detail how hard it actually was to have the Supercharger fitted. Going through your post It says you had to move the Brake Fluid reservoir? Was it a real pain to actually have to move it?

I've been really interested in this for a long time but I was waiting for someone to jump in first and try it out on the Gen5 so I could grab some pointers :)

Also with the windscreen overhang, how much body work did you do to make sure the actuator didn't hit the body?

All up how much did the whole Supercharging process end up setting you back?

Would be interested to find out.

Sorry to ask what you might think to be stupid questions. I'm on the West Coast so nobody here likes to play around with Camrys :(

Cheers!

Thanks man, but most of the research and hard work was done by our (Brisbane's local) Camry king Dave.

Can you PM me your email please? I'll take some pictures of the bay tomorrow in detail + descriptions for you.

I'll PM you my email address too, I've got pretty much an identical car... Man, V6, 02, Sunroof, High Spoiler, Lowered on King Springs, I just NEED the S/C :-D

I just NEED the S/C :-D

But weren't you concerned about paying a little bit extra for proper shocks for you Camry? If that's the case, are you even willing to put the money in for a supercharged setup? These S/C's are rather rare at the moment.

Kurosaki and birdie, I'll email you guys in the next day or so. Just in the middle of the writeup.

News on the power front:

- Boost controller is still dumping boost too early. It's dropping boost around the 6000rpm mark; same as the switch we were using before.

- Smaller pulley doesn't do much for the power output

- When boost kicks in the AFR is running a little lean

My dyno produced as a result... 149.5kW. I gained a whole 0.1kW. As you can imagine (and some of the boys can support) I was pretty ****** off. Boost controller can be fixed but fuel delivery will be an issue. Having a sniff around at some ideas instead of doing the whole fuel setup.

I just NEED the S/C :-D

But weren't you concerned about paying a little bit extra for proper shocks for you Camry? If that's the case, are you even willing to put the money in for a supercharged setup? These S/C's are rather rare at the moment.

The SC is a want... and it is not something i would actually be getting short term... we've got too many other bills to pay and loans to repay before i can seriously consider a SC...

If i'm completely honest with myself... by the time we can afford a SC for the Camry (plus the rest of the gear to do it properly) I'll be probably wanting to upgrade to a new car (maybe a TRD 3500SL)... but doesn't mean i can't dream, and hope to win the lottery (impossible since i don't gamble at all) to pay of our loans (wife's car loan, and wedding loan are the main ones)

Don't cheap out on anything, it may be regrettable in the future.

Power is getting up there though.

I think I worded that incorrectly. Replacing the pump in the tank in the Gen5's aren't user friendly due to the way the housing has been setup. When going to 5.5-6.0psi I will do the mod properly, but in the meantime a possible solution to ensure fuel delivery isn't an issue @ 4psi could be the addition of an inline pump and a new regulator.

When going to the next boost level I will add a return line, mod the housing and the fuel rails (in addition to a bigger pump + injectors) + ECU. It's just that it is a very expensive upgrade for more boost.

post-14703-128343432243_thumb.jpg

Sportivo Accessories bodykit landed today, $380 including shipping.

Paint is obviously the wrong colour but @ that price I couldn't say no. Excited to get it put on as I'll get my boot + rear bar repainted/fixed up + the rear will have the full back skirt which will dress it up nicely.

Due to a certain Bush Mechanic (+ finding out that in QLD rolling guards is not illegal), new wheels are on the agenda too. The hot contender at this stage is: Enkei PKR enkei_pkr_large.png

They look good, good brand and they will be 100000 times easier to clean than the Advanti Alphas that I currently run. Plus a little more offset + width for a more aggressive look as well.

Why the new bodykit? What's wrong with your original one?

Please don't get those mag's, you'll make me too jealous... :-P S/C and nice mag's... you're not allowed :P What size were you planning? I'd love a set of 19"s on mine...

Please don't get those mag's, you'll make me too jealous... :-P S/C and nice mag's... you're not allowed tongue.gif What size were you planning? I'd love a set of 19"s on mine...

If I remember correctly...Andrew only had the Sportivo Accessories front lip and High Rise spoiler.

This kit adds the side skirts (which are a little different from the standard sportivo) and the rear lip.... correct me if I'm wrong Andrew.

Please don't get those mag's, you'll make me too jealous... :-P S/C and nice mag's... you're not allowed :P What size were you planning? I'd love a set of 19"s on mine...

The sportivo Accessories bodykit. They were developed as an aftermarket choice for the Altise and Ateva (not for the Sportivo and Azura, even though they will fit) and have a much more aggressive look than the standard Sportivo bodykit. It also comes with the full rear lower skirt which I think, looks ace. I refer you to mbruce's ride which has the kit attached:

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28898

The Sportivo Accessories bodykit on yours would look good; you already have the High-rise spoiler and the sports grille. I know a dealer who has a kit who wants to sell, PM me if you are keen.

Looking to still run 18's (any larger is too expensive for wheel + rubber) but with more width and offset. Roll the guards then something like 18x8.5, 35 offset on the front and 18x8.5, 24 offset on the rear.

Please don't get those mag's, you'll make me too jealous... :-P S/C and nice mag's... you're not allowed tongue.gif What size were you planning? I'd love a set of 19"s on mine...

If I remember correctly...Andrew only had the Sportivo Accessories front lip and High Rise spoiler.

This kit adds the side skirts (which are a little different from the standard sportivo) and the rear lip.... correct me if I'm wrong Andrew.

Yes and no Adam. The kit doesn't come with a spoiler standard but does come with the other things you have mentioned. I believe the kit should come with the sports grille as standard but mbruce did not get one with his kit.

• 1 month later...

post-14703-048265900 1287489527_thumb.jp

It's been a while since I've done something to this thing. Installed a TRD oil cap (genuine!) and a TRD high pressure radiator cap. Also put on some new rubber, but that in itself isn't worth posting about!

post-14703-043103100 1288094258_thumb.jp

post-14703-082828400 1288094276_thumb.jp

Adjustable: Koni - Made in Holland - I guess Bobbi Eden isn't the only good thing from Holland.

Koni adjustable shocks. Also have new top hats + bump stops for the setup as well. Will buy some superlow springs shortly.

That looks rather familiar... even if it isn't.

<shakes fist> Curse you Andrew.... curse you.

I need to get off my lazy a55 and get some coils.

That looks rather familiar... even if it isn't.

<shakes fist> Curse you Andrew.... curse you.

I need to get off my lazy a55 and get some coils.

You can thank Anthony for threatening me with him setting a date for him to purchase them by.

That and a bible from 2005 which had alot of money stored in it.

• 2 weeks later...

With the help of our local Bush Mechanic, I had the Koni Reds + superlow springs installed today. Decided to give the internals of the wheels a clean while I was there.

sides.jpg

Left is the outside only, right is the inside and out.

side2.jpg

Side shot on lows

superlows.jpg

Side shot on superlows

Initial ride height drops:

- Front: 10mm

- Rear: 20mm

rear dropped 5mm more than kings said it would, but fronts are 5mm less than what was suggested. Should be interesting to see how much it settles.

Have taken it out for a drive and there isn't much loss in ride comfort which is a good thing. I haven't thrashed it yet as I'm just letting things settle before I give it a hard run.

nice dude. looking very good. definitely more aggressive stance now. Nice example of an older generation camry sportivo.. (and supercharged!) :)

Thanks man. Truth to tell though... I wish I got a bigger drop!