Andrew's Supercharged 2003 Camry V6 with bacon + egg, no sauce.

Andrew357

Due to certain people with Nordic looks and pointy hats who are often associated with charging down hillsides with hair a-flowing, battleaxe in one hand and kite shield in the other screaming bloodcurdling warcries; I will be once again upgrading the brakes.

First off, TRD Aurion front brakes and genuine rotors with Hawk ceramic sport pads.

I will try to get my hands on some undrilled DBA 4000's and have them drilled accordingly, if not some RDA slotteds will be a suitable replacement

I will try to get my hands on some undrilled DBA 4000's and have them drilled accordingly, if not some RDA slotteds will be a suitable replacement

Should you find these... please, please, please let me know do I can get a set with you.

Should you find these... please, please, please let me know do I can get a set with you.

Will do man. Hit up a few suppliers last night :blink:

Hawk pads are for old people. Go the ebc red stuff. :D

I kinda have to say... I'm not as impressed as I was hoping to be.

Hawk pads are for old people. Go the ebc red stuff. :D

I kinda have to say... I'm not as impressed as I was hoping to be.

Boys, if The Viking finds out you are against his wisdom; he will burn your houses, steal your gold, drink your water and give you more ideas on how to waste your money upgrading things.

I will go Hawk for the original discs (Dave's old TRD ones) while I sort out the slotted business, but Greg from GSL has already told us that they have the HPX's for the TRD so I will get a set of those when I return to slotted rotors. I will go Hawk simply because Dave happens to have a set he wants to get rid of.

Boys, if The Viking finds out you are against his wisdom; he will burn your houses, steal your gold, drink your water and give you more ideas on how to waste your money upgrading things.

I will go Hawk for the original discs (Dave's old TRD ones) while I sort out the slotted business, but Greg from GSL has already told us that they have the HPX's for the TRD so I will get a set of those when I return to slotted rotors. I will go Hawk simply because Dave happens to have a set he wants to get rid of.

Did David say good things about RedStuff? Because if not, then I am not against his wisdom.

I will be getting the HP-X pads for my new rotors when I get them since I have already had good experiences with QFM. After hearing about those 334mm Stoptech rorors... I am starting to really get ideas now.

He never mentioned his opinions on EBC at all but I can imagine he has one :lol:

QFM has been good for this GSV40R setup so I will be continuing to use them when I upgrade properly for sure

lol, dave THINKS he knows things... all he knows is how to fill up a 400ltr fuel tank... :P hehe :ph34r:

nah, all jokes aside, hawks are a good pad... they wont let you down... :)

I'll be running TRD brakes within the month. Just got some quotes today and the cheapest price I can get so far is $427.70 including GST per caliper.

I'll then need to get the lines modified which will cost another $100 then pay Dave for his 'spare' Hawk pads he has lying around and his 'spare' Genuine TRD rotors he has lying around.

Do you really *need* TRD Brakes?

also, what are you doing with your aurion gear?

Hells no. But all that space in my wheel arches makes me emo plus it's nice to be a little bit bigger.

Once I find out whether I can get blank discs or not (the DBA C5's, otherwise RDA equivalents) I will use the fronts as a guide for drilling the holes in the hub, then I will be done with them.

Will sell them I think as the rotors still have abit of life in them + Gen6 calipers are still woorking fine...

... GT4 need a brake upgrade?

Do you really *need* TRD Brakes?

also, what are you doing with your aurion gear?

Hells no. But all that space in my wheel arches makes me emo plus it's nice to be a little bit bigger.

Once I find out whether I can get blank discs or not (the DBA C5's, otherwise RDA equivalents) I will use the fronts as a guide for drilling the holes in the hub, then I will be done with them.

Will sell them I think as the rotors still have abit of life in them + Gen6 calipers are still woorking fine...

... GT4 need a brake upgrade?

It does, as the current gear is woeful. But my problem is id need to do some kind of franken hub again, which I will have to look in to.

It does, as the current gear is woeful. But my problem is id need to do some kind of franken hub again, which I will have to look in to.

Ahh Frankenhub, he was a good monster.

I'll probably be keeping the standards in the back (TRD rears are awfully expensive, Calipers @ 480ea and Rotors @ 425ea) but I'll keep the Gen6 gear aside for when you are ready to deal.

Do I sniff a bolt on kit for my car Andrew? Your old setup would be sufficient for my needs. (non ABS shouldn't be an issue?)

From memory the Gen6 setup is a cheap, good value for money brake upgrade for a Gen4 (which unfortunately had pretty ****ty brakes). It all just bolts on!

Damn you mick. But fair is fair, its yours :(

Don't get too sad, I may not be able to use it yet. If I cant it is all yours :)

Sounds like a lot of expense for TRD brakes, especially since the rotors aren't that much larger than what you currently have (and all the expense involved should maintenance or replacement parts ever be an issue).