Andrew's Supercharged 2003 Camry V6 with bacon + egg, no sauce.

Andrew357

nice dude. looking very good. definitely more aggressive stance now. Nice example of an older generation camry sportivo.. (and supercharged!) :)

Thanks man. Truth to tell though... I wish I got a bigger drop!

the springs are new, just give it a week :)

ive seen some springs drop another 9mm after a week...

others stay the same...

Hopefully these wont drop like Rowans (and other Aurions) did... or maybe hopefully if that's what you want. The 61SL/63SL as used in the Aurion to obtain a 'low' drop had a good reputation for getting lower and lower in the rear over time. Must have been something to do with the Aurion. Looked mint though.

The KTFL-103 and KTRL-61's I had for the Lows didn't drop the full 30mm and I didn't get much in the way of settling (I lost about 27mm though) and I'm not holding my breath with regards to settling with these either (KTFL-63, KTRL-61SL).

You can notice the drop though, which is good enough; any extra drop from settling will be a bonus.

Turns out I was misinformed.

These shocks are Koni Yellows (Sport) not Koni Reds (Special). The sports are externally adjustable while the specials are adjustable, but you need to remove the strut setup in order to do so.

I'd say thats... 95kW extra at the wheels, right?

Terrific work, another boosted car in Brisbane, and I love "ninja camry"

I will add

"Now you are part of the exclusive NA > FI crew hahaha"

You mean reclusive, i dont' see any track numbers from you ladies (sorry headache)

whitestivo

Terrific work, another boosted car in Brisbane, and I love "ninja camry"

I will add

"Now you are part of the exclusive NA > FI crew hahaha"

You mean reclusive, i dont' see any track numbers from you ladies (sorry headache)

whitestivo

Well, evan is a skirt and my car isnt finished, idk what they other boys excuses are :P

No lap time for me until Summer is over. When we work out a good day, you and I Andrew can head out to snack on a Sportivo.

Sounds delicious. Hating the heat at the moment, definitely can notice a difference.

I wonder if I can find a sandwich intercooler... :spiteful:

No lap time for me until Summer is over. When we work out a good day, you and I Andrew can head out to snack on a Sportivo.

Sounds delicious. Hating the heat at the moment, definitely can notice a difference.

I wonder if I can find a sandwich intercooler... :spiteful:

nawww andrew cant run a fmic :(

I still recall the look on TRD's face when he couldn't get past me down the main straight, priceless memory that one, then he hit the picks, and i still had 100m further to run, and i was gone.

What is weight difference between gen 5 compared to trd aurion?

I'm backing Andrew i think, just a feeling... DJK is balls out driver though... mmmm

whitestivo

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got round to finishing up stage 1 of the audio upgrade. No subwoofer yet, but running new amps, speakers and headunit.

Setup is:

- Pioneer MVH-8250BT (http://www.pioneer.com.au/Products/Car%20Entertainment/Media%20Centre%20Receivers/MVH-8250BT.aspx)

- 2xResponse 2-channel 150w RMS (bridgeable to 500w)

- Polk Audio MM6501 6.5" Splits

- Polk Audio MM691 6x9" coaxial

Sound is excellent, just going easyish on the drivers to bed them in before I give them a good run but the sound quality is much better.

• 3 weeks later...

Pioneer screwed up pretty bad an it turns out the MVH-8250BT doesn't accept WAV files.

As a result I got an exchange and splurged a little more...

http://ae.kenwood.com/Car_Entertainment/Visual_n_Navigation_Systems/DNX5360

Oh well, at least I don't have to carry the TomTom anymore :)

• 1 month later...

Well it's no secret that I haven't been happy with the power result of my Gen5 @ 4psi (beaten by other similar vehicles with less mods...) so I have begun my quest into the 6psi zone.

I picked up this one the other day: post-14703-0-60642000-1296049100_thumb.j

Which will be nice for tuning when the time comes around. Fuel rails from a 3vz-fe have been 'ordered' at my local wrecker which will make the conversion to a return fuel system a little easier.

So much win.

My haggling was. Guy on boost wanted $500 but I got it for $400! :toast:

Still need to buy about $1000 worth of bits and pieces to get the fuel system up to speed:

- 1jz-ge injectors (or similar)

- 3vz-fe fuel rails + fuel hose + various connectors

- SARD/Bosch fuel regulator

- Fuel filter

- Pulley + belt + supercharger oil (will ask dave if he's keen to change the oil + seal while we are there)

- Walbro 192/255 pump

Then have to pay Dave to install the gear and then pay for tuning and a Dyno. Mamma mia!

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update:

- Will finally have the Sportivo bodykit fitted in the next few weeks. The boot + rear bar will be fixed up as I'm probably going to get the front bar repainted (damn those epic stonechips).

- Have bought these and am awaiting their arrival (won't be for at least a month as Enkei have not released them to TireRack yet): Enkei Imola 18x8"

imola_blk_large.png

Very nice wheels Andrew :D Can't wait to see these on the Cam, and even better, I can check it out in person again in a couple of months :yahoo: Best of luck with the plans to go to 6psi too, I know you'll get it done :)