Andrew's Supercharged 2003 Camry V6 with bacon + egg, no sauce.

Andrew357

oh mate, huge props! you must be stoked :D

yeah man, have clocked up 250km since 8.15pm last night. If I do it this aggressively, I might book my dyno now for late next week/early the following week cause I might hit that 1k-1.5k mark sooner than I thought.

Boost controller goes in tomorrow too, so I'm excited about that last 1000rpm and more aggressive launches.

Your tyres are going to hate you.lol

hahaha

so far it's been casual launches with moderate acceleration in first gear (the shift to second is more fun though). Federal 595 Evo's in 18" or 19" wheels perhaps...

as quoted from the back of a commodore:

R.R.D Racing

Rev rev dump XD

Congrats on finally getting it in, now you need to take me for a spin... i haven't heard charger whine for about 2 months now!

Well done mate, looking foward to seeing her in person :yahoo::toast:

Evo

as quoted from the back of a commodore:

R.R.D Racing

Rev rev dump XD

Congrats on finally getting it in, now you need to take me for a spin... i haven't heard charger whine for about 2 months now!

Well done mate, looking foward to seeing her in person :yahoo::toast:

Evo

Very likely to be at the meet if you are coming.

Frequency switch (boost controller) was put in today (thanks to Dave again...!) so I gave her abit more gas. Definitely more fun to drive now that I'm not so worried about redline, although I probably only took it to 6k. Launching is the biggest issue, I don't want to spin the wheels so I hold the clutch abit longer to ensure it catches. Will have to stop doing that.

Will give a bloke a call tomorrow to organise a modplate... Will have to look around for a place to get her dyno'ed too. 350km done since Sunday night, 8.15pm.

be careful launching period, you will chew through cv's really quickly, and don't ride the clutch too much either, are u just replacing it with the standard heavy duty or are you going to a button?

be careful launching period, you will chew through cv's really quickly, and don't ride the clutch too much either, are u just replacing it with the standard heavy duty or are you going to a button?

Just the regular Exedy Heavy Duty clutch.

Finally put on an engine cover that I bought from one of the guys on Solaraguy.com

bay3.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Have almost done 800km since the charger has been installed and I'm still having plenty of fun. Modplate went in Thursday and I will probably book her in for a dyno late next week, early next week.

Any recommendations as to where to get it done?

... I will probably book her in for a dyno late next week, early next week.

Any recommendations as to where to get it done?

I don't know where, but when you plan on doing this, let me know. I'd be keen to do a power run.

I will jump in before Andrew gets here. I won't post figures... he can do that. He was also checking the AFR's, so that's why the run may seem a bit different to your normal power run.

p1010306xg.jpg

Thanks Daryl. Will upload my Dyno sheet with my thoughts once I figure out how I can get it electronically. Might have to photograph the damn thing!

dyno1.jpg

dyno2.jpg

Max Power: 149.4kW (200.2hp) and Max Torque: 220Nm and truth to tell I am a little disappointed. 149.4kW disappointed.

I Was hoping for at least 155kW as SupaTouring's GTP ran 155kW with no modifications, STYLSH ran 154kW with modified Y-pipe and TRD muffler. I guess the more mods you add, the less power you get! blink.gif

At least the AFR is ok which means I don't need to do any fuel mods just yet. Craig @ Dyno Hire Services was very friendly and engaging and from the sounds of things I will consider him for when (note the usage of when, not IF) I go to 5.5psi to do my tuning.

Kudos to Daryl with his TRD and for coming along with pics and the video. I think he was as excited to see his results as much as I was. Overall a disappointing result, but 149.4kW at the wheels for a Camry isn't too bad I suppose.

That's not a bad result. 5/6kw isn't a huge difference when it comes to dynos. A lot of different variables. What do these run stock? That would be the only comparison I'd be making.

Congrats anyway. Can't wait to see it. :)

149.4kW at the wheels isn't something to be disappointed about. You are putting more power to the ground than most stock Aurions out there.

Stock at the fly is 145kw. I guess just having more 'performance' mods than both Dave and Anthony I was expecting a better result.

Knowing the amount of power makes her no less fun to drive :)

Much love indeed.

Heading to CES tomorrow to see how much it will cost to modify where my cat sits (might replace it with a magnaflow hi-flow cat) so I can put my UR brace on.

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0078.jpg

New grille, needs a few bolts and nuts to fit properly (which explains the 'sag' in the top middle).

I think it looks abit better than the original. Any thoughts?

i like it, imo body color is the way to go though

My only beef with going body colour is that it will look too similar to the Gen 5.5 grille (minus the Toyota badge). Body colour however doesn't look too bad. I might have a dig around at the wreckers to see if they have any 5.5 grilles. Either way, I'm going to need to have my bonnet resprayed when I get a new bumper + the new sportivo front lip sprayed.

Donations anyone? :help: