Andrew's Supercharged 2003 Camry V6 with bacon + egg, no sauce.

Andrew357

Spot the difference:

Old:

IMG_0078.jpg

New:

front1000.jpg

New front. Had the front bar repaired and repainted (there was a big rash on the right hand side which I don't have any pictures of) and the bonnet was stripped and repainted as well. Also had the Sportivo Accessory lip painted and put on. They also fixed up most of the front fenders (for free!) because the owner of the paint shop wasn't happy trying to blend the colours together with all the stonechips in them.

Pictures are pretty lame because of the crap lighting and crappy camera as well.

More pictures below:

front1001.jpg

bonnet.jpg

frontleft.jpg

Lookin good Andrew! Love this supercharged Camry, if only I had the funds and the patience to do mine lol Glad you were able to get the panels resprayed too, and definitely a bonus about the fenders :D Are you coming to the national meet?

Lookin good Andrew! Love this supercharged Camry, if only I had the funds and the patience to do mine lol Glad you were able to get the panels resprayed too, and definitely a bonus about the fenders :D Are you coming to the national meet?

Thanks Tash, I couldn't recognise the front with the new paintjob when I first saw it. I was so used to all the stonechips on the bonnet (you can see them in the 'old' pic).

Will be at the meet, just organising accomodation. It's a bloody nightmare. :blink:

edit: patience shouldn't be an issue given how much work you put into keeping yours clean. Funds will definitely be a factor though!

Edited by andrew357

Thanks Tash, I couldn't recognise the front with the new paintjob when I first saw it. I was so used to all the stonechips on the bonnet (you can see them in the 'old' pic).

Will be at the meet, just organising accomodation. It's a bloody nightmare. :blink:

edit: patience shouldn't be an issue given how much work you put into keeping yours clean. Funds will definitely be a factor though!

Rofl!! Very true that last line :lol:

Excellent, well I hope you get the accommodation sorted cos I'd love to see this Cam in person!

Thanks man.

Will be putting on replacement headlights before the Annual meet (I assume you'll be attending being a Sydney resident and all?).

Spotted this on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CAMRY-HIGH-RISE-SPOILER-GENUINE-/180497984703?cmd=ViewItem&pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a0684acbf#ht_500wt_804

considering buying it, a little torn though. :blink:

Replacement headlights? same ones? (gen 5) or the 5.5?

Yeah would most probably try and make it for the friday night meet, just to say hi and check out people's rides.

Still not sure about the day trip though, it is a little too far to plan for at the moment haha.

But coming down from QLD would be a nice trip! hahaha

You should have got that and did the spray all together lol

It'll be different, not many people have that optional wing, but with that extra power, you might need the extra downforce =p jks

One of a kind dude, that is all I can say.

Replacement headlights? same ones? (gen 5) or the 5.5?

Yeah would most probably try and make it for the friday night meet, just to say hi and check out people's rides.

Still not sure about the day trip though, it is a little too far to plan for at the moment haha.

But coming down from QLD would be a nice trip! hahaha

You should have got that and did the spray all together lol

It'll be different, not many people have that optional wing, but with that extra power, you might need the extra downforce =p jks

One of a kind dude, that is all I can say.

Same headlights, I don't know if the Gen5.5's will fit and I don't particularly like the blinker part being on the inner side of the lights.

Have only seen the optional wing once, on a burgundy Gen 5.0 Azura, it looked alright

Ah sweet! Yeah... not sure if the Gen 5.5 would suit the Gen 5 front *shrugs* looks-wise

Might have missed it, but why are you replacing the headlights again? sorry

Yeah i've only seen the spoiler on a silver one around here, Gen 5 sportivo.

I dunnoe, might look a little bit weird if the whole car is stock.

But with some wheels and lowered like yours it should look sweet!

Not sure why but i still love the feeling of driving a manual V6, not many around... esp you having a little TRD enhancement ahahaha

Softness is buying it or not buying it? :spiteful:

not buying it.

That's the general vibe I've been getting. Even conservative Dave said "BUY IT!!!!!" so I'm leaning towards buy.

Ah sweet! Yeah... not sure if the Gen 5.5 would suit the Gen 5 front *shrugs* looks-wise

Might have missed it, but why are you replacing the headlights again? sorry

Yeah i've only seen the spoiler on a silver one around here, Gen 5 sportivo.

I dunnoe, might look a little bit weird if the whole car is stock.

But with some wheels and lowered like yours it should look sweet!

Not sure why but i still love the feeling of driving a manual V6, not many around... esp you having a little TRD enhancement ahahaha

Replacing the headlights because they are both yellowed (the painting dudes tried their best to fix it, but it's on the inside. Plus the drivers side light gets condensation after the rains).

The wing would probably fit in, I have the Sportivo Accessories front lip now (just need the rear lower one), it's lowered and non-standard alloys so it won't be too out of place.

mmmmmmm i like!!

told the missis how your car sounds so she really wants to hear it now, might bring her out again some time

Next time she is out I'll give the throttle a little squirt for her.

More pics of the wing can be found here:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/worklogs/109232-2002-camry-sportivo-v6-manual.html

Lol you love it :D :P I have seen a Gen 5 getting around Bendigo with the high rise spoiler and it looks pretty good :) I'm sure you'll make it work!

Lol you love it :D :P I have seen a Gen 5 getting around Bendigo with the high rise spoiler and it looks pretty good :) I'm sure you'll make it work!

Yes and no. Now it's: Headlights AND rear spoiler before the national meet.

hahahaahaha

hahahaahaha

at least its not motor.... haha

The spoiler will look good imo

hahahaahaha

at least its not motor.... haha

The spoiler will look good imo

Man Mick, if I were you I would be ******.

Fingers crossed the spoiler gets here in time. Would love it to be ready for the meet. My fault though, I should have bought the damn thing when I saw it about 2 days into the auction.

post-14703-127445304968_thumb.jpg

Headlights have arrived. They will be eyelid-less for now as the finish of the lids are terrible. The paint shop tried to paint them but the bottom of them just don't work.

Serious prepwork on them needs to be done in order for the eyelids to be useable, not worth the labour.

edit: Brisbane's resident bush-mechanic will be doing the install later :)

hey Andrew,

looks like you have the modding bug really REALLY bad :P

there's no limit on what you can do!

hope you get that rear spoiler on it, it will certainly make it unique :yahoo:

Evo

hey Andrew,

looks like you have the modding bug really REALLY bad :P

there's no limit on what you can do!

hope you get that rear spoiler on it, it will certainly make it unique :yahoo:

Evo

:)

Just getting off my bum and doing stuff that should have been done a long time ago.

- Bumper + bonnet issue (although not the lip! :whistling: ) was bothering me for a long time

- Headlights were collecting water during rain for as long as I can remember

- High-rise spoiler? When Dave says yes, you know it's a good thing.

headlights.jpg

They have been waxed 3 times since I bought them and I'll continue to take care of them. Big thanks to our local bush mechanic who put them in for a slab of redbull.