Andrew's Supercharged 2003 Camry V6 with bacon + egg, no sauce.

Andrew357

Clutch fool!!!

Ahh yes. Still stinks.

Bloody shop had trouble with the install and 'was not sure' if the supercharger had something to do with it.

Rubbish.

Clutch fool!!!

Ahh yes. Still stinks.

Bloody shop had trouble with the install and 'was not sure' if the supercharger had something to do with it.

Rubbish.

bullcrap, its not that damn hard to install a clutch.

Considering they should be dropping the box from the bottom anyway and hence they dont really need to muck around with the supercharger other than add fluids into the hidden reserviour lol.

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while but it's been a pathetic while since I've updated:

- Went to the drags and absolutely cooked the clutch on my second launch so I was unable to do a good time. Best time was 15.098s @ 94.68mph. Shifting was spot on (wearing gloves) but after the clutch I wasn't able to run her hard.

- Had the clutch replaced with a HD clutch and had my right CV boots replaced.

- Left outer CV boot split and will eventually need replacing (non urgent)

- Had a fire in the engine bay after the clutch install and got lucky nothing but some wiring and the battery were damaged.

Car is starting to show her age and having a few issues:

- Knock sensor 2 is failing and requires replacement

- O2 Sensor, 1, bank 1 is also failing and needs replacement

- Timing belt is 7000km overdue for a change

- Lower radiator hose needs replacing

- Washers on the banjo bolt on the brake calipers need replacing as they are seeping (I was supplied with the fibrous ones)

Will end up having the timing belt, knock sensors, both upstream O2 sensors, water pump, various seals, gaskets, pulleys + tensioners replaced and may throw in the larger injectors because the supercharger will be coming off (save me having to do it when I choose to go to 6psi). I'll source some aluminium washers for the calipers so they will deform enough but still form a tight seal for the bolt.

Lucky for RockAuto.com as parts cost a pittance of what they cost here.

Well its not all age related. Knock sensor and O2 sensor is boost related :P and the rest is just normal stuff.

Shhhh! Anthony!

It makes me feel better.

• 1 month later...

Alrighty. Update time.

Finally resurrected project 'Fully sick subwoofer' which I initially canned after I had all the wood cut due to the sheer size of the box.

The box comprises of:

- Dimensions: 1100x550x500mm

- 25mm MDF

- Internally braced (front to back, top to bottom)

- Holes drilled for 4x12" drivers

- Stuffed with cloth offcuts and old clothing

The drivers used are 4x12" Kenwood KFC-W1012's which I picked up for $69ea sometime last year. They are wired in series parallel to run @ 4ohm (each driver theoretically capable of 200w RMS @4ohm).

In terms of demonstrating acoustic theory (my dad is intelligent but crazy) the project was successful but was a major fail as I neglected when sizing up the enclosure to factor in getting the finished box into the boot. As a result it is currently sitting the backseat while I have a box made to suit the boot by a cabinetmaker; who won't have 2 left hands and will be able to make a box that is more complex than a rectangular prism.

The awkward moment when you realise it's not going to fit in the boot.

oops.jpg

IMG_2286.jpg

Had a new strut brace made up since the once I initially made up to be frank sucked. It's very solid and a big thanks to Troy (2XS) who made it up for me. It's nice to have a strut brace where you bang the bar it doesn't do a Rolf Harris.

new_brace.jpg

Some major maintenance due to be completed on her as well as the final of the parts have arrived and I might have the rocker covers painted in wrinkle black and I'll redo the supercharger in wrinkle black as well.

:D

You should see the brace now. Steven got his grinder on so they aren't sitting on the washers anymore. Looks mint with no rubbing. I'll get some proper pictures tomorrow.

And on that note, I also need a new muffler as I've got a rattle that I can't get rid of. Partially tempted to go for something a little louder (ie - Lukey UltraFlow muffler) than the Lukey Turbo muffler that I currently have on it.

Had a new strut brace made up since the once I initially made up to be frank sucked. It's very solid and a big thanks to Troy (2XS) who made it up for me. It's nice to have a strut brace where you bang the bar it doesn't do a Rolf Harris.

new_brace.jpg

That looks like a really solid one mate. It even looks like it was meant to be there.

Also gives me an idea for the 28 but I think I may make something up that is adjustable.

:D

You should see the brace now. Steven got his grinder on so they aren't sitting on the washers anymore. Looks mint with no rubbing. I'll get some proper pictures tomorrow.

And on that note, I also need a new muffler as I've got a rattle that I can't get rid of. Partially tempted to go for something a little louder (ie - Lukey UltraFlow muffler) than the Lukey Turbo muffler that I currently have on it.

I'm with Trent... sounds puurrfect the way it is now. Get a TRD muffler like Anthony did if you really want little more sound :)

From memory the Gen6 setup is a cheap, good value for money brake upgrade for a Gen4 (which unfortunately had pretty ****ty brakes). It all just bolts on!

Do u still have ur old setup for sale Anthony? I was thinking of popping em on my gen4 ^^.

Say, you wouldnt happen to know how many mm's in diameter the gen6 rotors are?

From memory the Gen6 setup is a cheap, good value for money brake upgrade for a Gen4 (which unfortunately had pretty ****ty brakes). It all just bolts on!

Do u still have ur old setup for sale Anthony? I was thinking of popping em on my gen4 ^^.

Say, you wouldnt happen to know how many mm's in diameter the gen6 rotors are?

I still have the old setup but not quite available at present. i will keep ou informed when they new available.

Rotors on the gen6 are 296*28mm

Had my muffler replaced today.

Was happy with Lukey so I stuck with them but picked up an Ultra Flo muffler instead of the Turbo muffler (straight through). The car no longer buzzes and the only change in terms of sound (from coasting, casual driving, aggressive acceleration, idle) is the volume. It is louder when under load(but not by much when in the cabin) but the tone/way it sounds has not changed at all; the idle noise from the outside has not changed at all either.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Project Maintenance + 2mz Cams in underway. Have handed her over to The Viking where the following things are going to be done/replaced:

- replace knock sensors

- replace front O2 sensor

- replace rocker cover gaskets

- replace water pump

- replace timing belt, idler pulleys and tensioner

- replace spark plugs

- replace spark tubes

- replace spark leads

- replace TB gasket

- replace inlet manifold gaskets

- install 2mz intake cams

- strip and re-paint supercharger, replace snout bolts + oil plug

- paint EGR assembly

- paint rocker covers

- replace power steering belt

- replace supercharger drive belt (slightly longer belt)

- radiator/engine flush

- replace all radiator hosing

Work was underway this weekend but due to work commitments The Viking fell a little behind. However, the cam covers are off and was pleasantly surprised to see there was very little sediment/gunk within the chamber itself. If the 2mz cams come in time, it will be interesting to see if the factory ecu will handle both the supercharger and the new inlet cams.

Apparently I can see up to 20hp at the fly with just the cams alone but it's undocumented territory for 1mz with 2mz intake AND a supercharger. The boost on top of the different RPM curve will certainly be interesting but only time will tell.

Just so it's not a boring text wall, here are some pictures:

camcover.jpg

camoff.jpg

Intake cam project has been postponed due to the cams needing abit more work before going in, however all the maintenance was done + had the rocker covers sprayed and the supercharger re-painted as well. Engine idles better and I'll see how fuel consumption improves... pending my ability to resist hitting boost all the time (it's been a long time). Big props to Dave The Viking for his help too; saved a small fortune over getting parts + labour done @ a mechanic or dealer.

Happy with how the red turned out :D

newbay.jpg

bay2.jpg