Evo's 1zz

Evo7

take it to crossley street and race at Cooparoo for tuning.

i tried emailing them over the weekend, but i haven't received anything back...

Evo

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pick up the phone and call them. Paul is really good to deal with, he also installed/tuned the emanage on harry's supercharged 1zz which made 120ish at the wheels.

Thanks Jason,

i gave Paul a call yesterday afternoon, he definitely knows his stuff lol :P

found out i will also need to get these two items, from what Paul was telling me :o

Emanage Blue Boost pressure Map Sensor

Emanage Blue Ignition Timing Control Harness

I will speak to Paul in person on Thursday morning, and find out what needs to be done :D

Evo

Thanks Jason,

i gave Paul a call yesterday afternoon, he definitely knows his stuff lol :P

found out i will also need to get these two items, from what Paul was telling me :o

Emanage Blue Boost pressure Map Sensor

Emanage Blue Ignition Timing Control Harness

I will speak to Paul in person on Thursday morning, and find out what needs to be done :D

Evo

you know the ignition timing harness and boost sensor can be made for a fair bit cheaper...

that said, its probably easier for you to just buy them.

well, it looks like a tune has gone a bit far out of my reach now :(

sadly, i found a nail in my rear right tyre, and couldn't get it fixed, it pierced the sidewall :(

and unfortunately, i also required new tyres...

so now i have 4 BRAND SPANKING NEW Adrenalins on the car...

Damn, I'm not as big as a fan of cars anymore... <_< expensive b!tches!

Evo

the mod downside has hit u, there is always ups and downs to cars mate, but u get over the downs

yeah, true... i'll come back strong :D

just devvoed what had to happen :(

Hey Jason (CHA54), whats your take on the stuff i need to get for the Emanage? Where does the boost 'map' sensor hook into? i hope it doesnt mean that the maf will need to be replaced :S

let me know,

Evo

Pippy has an emanage map sensor to sell, I've probably got a spare ignition/injector harness too.

The map sensor plugs into the yellow port on the emanage, then you can tune with the boost as the load reference instead of tuning off TPS or the MAF voltage.

Evo

Lol and you own a Corolla... wait til you get a real car :P :D

What is the definition of a real car?

Evan, everyone puts ***** on you but you have bigger car moding balls than most of the people talking *****.

Cant wait to see your ride in Sydney.

Evo

Evan, everyone puts ***** on you but you have bigger car moding balls than most of the people talking *****.

I think i have big enough modding balls to put sh*t on evan.... so... suck it up evan, finish your emanage install/tune! dont let having to get tyres make you cancel your plans...

also, get a real car :P

jokes... NA to FI club ftw.

Evo

I couldn't give you my example, it's not a Toyota ;)

Shhhh. You can't put it this way to him. It's the constant s*** we give him that leads to this type of stuff. We've been bugging him for a while to get the tune. Mod plate.... now that's another story.

... NA to FI club ftw.

Pffft. NA all the way.

Without trying to start a flame war (who am I kidding)...... (I'm going to make an a.ss out of u and me and assume) A 2x2 300zx or even an NA 300zx isn't a real car, it's is one of the most impractical cars you can find. Having said that, I always wanted one because they are sexy.

Shhhh. You can't put it this way to him. It's the constant s*** we give him that leads to this type of stuff. We've been bugging him for a while to get the tune. Mod plate.... now that's another story.

LOL, you have a point there!

I'll go all out based on your theory and see what happens. Evan, scrap the homo mods and do a 2gr-fe transplant. Now that is a Corolla I want to see.

Without trying to start a flame war (who am I kidding)...... (I'm going to make an a.ss out of u and me and assume) A 2x2 300zx or even an NA 300zx isn't a real car, it's is one of the most impractical cars you can find. Having said that, I always wanted one because they are sexy.

LOL, you have a point there!

I'll go all out based on your theory and see what happens. Evan, scrap the homo mods and do a 2gr-fe transplant. Now that is a Corolla I want to see.

hahaha, for a 2GR-FE, that would be a mission to fit :P

how about covert to 4WD and put a 3S-GTE in lol :lol:

im not giving up, i just need to wait a bit longer... i will see tomorrow what needs to be done, and then we will go from there :D

on the plus side, the new rubbers are definitely alot smoother with the coilies now :D and cleaned the rims this morning :yahoo:

Evo

Yeah I'm not trying to say 'mine is better than yours' or anything. Merely suggesting, in good humour, that if the cost for bolt-on mods and general repairs to a Corolla is too much...

Yeah I'm not trying to say 'mine is better than yours' or anything. Merely suggesting, in good humour, that if the cost for bolt-on mods and general repairs to a Corolla is too much...

Makes me wonder if Evan kept a running record. If a ZX owner is concerned about the general repairs costs of a certain Corolla then you have to be extremely concerned.

I would like to thank evo for the spotless sportivo rims on my car, i have the cleanest set in the country. It also helped evan get up into the first set of alloys on the car. And it was my idea get rid of the plate covers.

I would also like to remind evo that his aspirations for sportivo domination are still a long way away.

whitestivo

so time for an early update :P

i have the car booked into the workshop in Brisbane for Wednesday...

sc kit will be removed, and while its off, some basic maintenance and going to add in a bypass valve tapping after the throttle body and after the compressor (in the manifold)

Found out that the charger was originally designed to be switched on ALL the time, so this is how we shall fix that.

once all said and done, it shall be put back on, and then it will get tuned the way it should, so instead of using the switch in the car to turn it on and off, it will be controlled similarly the way a 4A-GE controls the bypass valve on the sc12.

[When throttle is light, bypass valve is open: allowing air into the engine WITHOUT passing through said sc

When on heavy acceleration, bypass valve closes, sc switches on at the same time, and away she goes! B)

then, we should be making some decent power :D :yahoo:

Evo

I found I do have a spare new emanage loom, complete with ignition and injector harnesses. Yours for $80 if you still need it.

I think you'll find that the ogura charger is NOT designed to run 100% of the time, that's why it's clutched, just like now the 4agze charger is NOT designed to run 100% of the time and is also clutched... They just produce extra heat and shorten the life of the charger when they run all the time. I would definately not hard wire it to run all the time, especially on your setup with no cooler.

The TRD charger runs 100% of the time and uses a bypass valve, but thats very different to an ogura setup.

Edited by CHA54

I found I do have a spare new emanage loom, complete with ignition and injector harnesses. Yours for $80 if you still need it.

I think you'll find that the ogura charger is NOT designed to run 100% of the time, that's why it's clutched, just like now the 4agze charger is NOT designed to run 100% of the time and is also clutched... They just produce extra heat and shorten the life of the charger when they run all the time. I would definately not hard wire it to run all the time, especially on your setup with no cooler.

The TRD charger runs 100% of the time and uses a bypass valve, but thats very different to an ogura setup.

So in saying that, it is better the way that Paul has explained to me how it would run much better with the bypass valve added?

cause then the charger will only come on boost when the bypass valve opens, and be switched off the way it normally is now with just regular driving.

I am looking forward to getting it running perfectly :D

Evo