Evo's 1zz

Evo7

So update time,

and i have some bad news, the car is still not boosted! its ok, i just need to wait.

What happened with the 'valve' type bypass valve was it couldn't open to bypass, and Turbosmart said they couldn't do anything more to help us.

So what has now needed to happen is for us to wait for a Procharger Bypass Valve from the States, which is the flap type, which WAS the original idea, but we didn't know when we would be able to source 1. Waiting time is 15-16 days :( So now, the car isn't boosted, Emanage is all wired up ready to go! and i received another new toy yesterday...

2zz Injectors B)

Now just thinking whether i 'should' upgrade the fuel pump too???

Evo

are the 1zz and 2zz pumps the same?

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if you're going to put anything in it, put in a walbro. It's really the only upgrade pump that will fit anyway. I can't remember if we upgraded the pump in pippy's car when it was supercharged, from memory we didn't.

if you're going to put anything in it, put in a walbro. It's really the only upgrade pump that will fit anyway. I can't remember if we upgraded the pump in pippy's car when it was supercharged, from memory we didn't.

I got the fuel pump upgraded using a Walbro, for around $200 I think is worth it.

walbro ftw... i has one

for 200 you can get a bosch 040 which are way better! you can get a walbo new for 150ish

OMGosh! Its Angelo!!! also you need to close your selling of the charger thread... abit outdated :P

hey mate, i got the Injectors all well and good, just awaiting that damn valve :( oh well, it will be running very well all in good time :D

Difference in flow rate for the Walbro and the Bosch?

Evo

The bosch will not fit in the ZZE fuel filter assembly.

So that said, i need to source a Walbro Fuel Pump?

160 LPH Good enough?

Evo

So that said, i need to source a Walbro Fuel Pump?

160 LPH Good enough?

Evo

255 ftw

sorry been thinking "nissan" lately.. i realised after i posted but didnt have time to edit..

hey evo yeh i havent been on here for a while, i have been working up north of w.a and just recently got back from holidays as you already know, ill get the mods to close it.. keep up the good work:)

160 LPH Good enough?

As Mick said, 255L/h; stock would probably be close to 160L/h.

ah yes,

silly me :P

Can i get a recommendation of where i can source one, and the part no. for the ZZE series?

Also, will i need to upgrade my fuel regulator or anything else to run the bigger pump?

Evo

160 LPH Good enough?

As Mick said, 255L/h; stock would probably be close to 160L/h.

ah yes,

silly me :P

Can i get a recommendation of where i can source one, and the part no. for the ZZE series?

Also, will i need to upgrade my fuel regulator or anything else to run the bigger pump?

Evo

your's doesn't have a FPR does it?

i got my walbro off boost lol...

edit: a quick bit of googleing leads me to believe you want the same one as what i got.... but jase can confirm this...

hmmm... perhaps maybe i can get one a bit closer to home?

just thinking, i might just keep on saving and wait until the car goes in for final work, and tune, and see what the stock pump is doing, and if i need to upgrade it, I will get that done after... if we find out she is running alright on the stock pump, its cheaper to just leave it in.

Evo

cheaper = sh!tter option...

spend the money now and then you wont have to spend it down the track which will end up costing you more...

unless of course the stock pump will supply WAY more than whats needed... but when you get rid of the s/c and replace it with the turbo, then you'll have to upgrade at that point anyway...

seriously though, one thing i've never skimped on in my builds has been the fuel system...

last thing you want is your fuel system to sh!t itself while you're thrashing it...

cheaper = sh!tter option...

spend the money now and then you wont have to spend it down the track which will end up costing you more...

unless of course the stock pump will supply WAY more than whats needed... but when you get rid of the s/c and replace it with the turbo, then you'll have to upgrade at that point anyway...

seriously though, one thing i've never skimped on in my builds has been the fuel system...

last thing you want is your fuel system to sh!t itself while you're thrashing it...

True... Well, at the moment, things to go in is the new upgraded bypass and injectors :D

these + ECU tune = WIN! :lol:

Evo

Why is this thread called 1ZZ Sportivo anyway?

From what I can tell it doesn't have the body or engine of a Sportivo?

it has a sportivo kit, and evan likes to think its a sportivo.

Why is this thread called 1ZZ Sportivo anyway?

From what I can tell it doesn't have the body or engine of a Sportivo?

it "was" sportivo inspired until it started screaming!

Can't stop those who want to make dreams happen :D

• 2 weeks later...