Evo7

• Replies 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

the G.O is you are all impatient :P

well, not much on update, but i have removed the HID's out of the car... i was truely unaware of how bright they are... so maybe thinking about going a custom Projector set-up after car gets a tune.

as for running boost again... well, we are STILL awaiting the street/race bypass valve, so nothing yet.

Evo

• 2 weeks later...

so an update!

All this time i thought that the bypass valve was 'on its way' from the states... when actually, they haven't even got it in stock over there!

So i spoke to ol' mate from the workshop, and has informed me that since Turbosmart's modified blow-off valve didn't work, they said perhaps a custom wastegate could/potentially would work...

so I may have my boost back up and running after Easter, which i am looking foward to :D

I haven't experienced boost or even charger whine for ages!

Also, tried to tidy up the engine bay by polishing up the rocker cover, it looks the biz B)

I think perhaps I have run out of mods to do :lol:

Evo

shoulda gone turbo... then the BOV would have worked :D

Chuck a turbo in as well. Might have to cut another hole in the bonnet.

See.... plenty of mods to do.

why wont Paul setup the charger without the bypass valve in place? That's how it was working for ages before.

well, that would be a waste of their time, cause the bypass valve needs to be on there to run the switch for the charger... plus boost can't be used seeing how they are capped off with rubber plugs.

I have waited this long, i may as well just keep on waiting.

so when it does finally go back in for final finishings, it will be running those 2zz injectors also :D

what would be your estimate of power gains, with a proper tune and upgraded injectors?

do you think i will reach my target of 100kw ATW?

Pics to come of the engine bay... ;)

Evo

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys,

quick update...

Spoke to Paul this morning from Crossley, and the car is now booked in for next monday!

- Custom bypass set-up to be finalized

- Install of 2zz Injectors

- Finishing Emanage Tune

I haven't had a shot of boost for about 2 months, so i will be over the moon when its complete :yahoo:

Evo

i reckon it'll make about 30kw at the fly... :P hehe

good to hear its finally getting finished... :) im sure you'll be a very happy little boy once its done... :)

Hahaha,

yes, i will be a happy chappy :P

for too long i have endured without boost...

the reason why it is so hard is because:

1st, i didn't havce boost

then got it set-up and had it for awhile

and then lost it again...

i just want to hear the epic whine of MY charger again :D

Evo

Every time I see your posts Evan they look like you are writing in Haiku.

What?

really...? maybe its cause i always space what i type.

hey HT, do you have facebook or MSN or something, i am honestly bored sh!tless and i have run out of things to do.

Reason being, i am currently looking after one of my workmates homes :P

let me know,

Evo

Every time I see your posts Evan they look like you are writing in Haiku.

What?

really...? maybe its cause i always space what i type.

hey HT, do you have facebook or MSN or something, i am honestly bored sh!tless and i have run out of things to do.

Reason being, i am currently looking after one of my workmates homes :P

let me know,

Evo

Sorry man, cant be of service right now. I'm working at the moment and also have my fianceée in my ear about houses we have been looking at.

p.s. im already on your face book.

Update:

Dropped the car into the workshop early this morning, and i have seen the wastegate that will be fitted...

It looks TOUGH B)

not long now before i get her back, as to when i will be getting her back, well thats just a waiting game :o

Soon to be boosted 1zz (again) :P

Evo

Super Hydro EPIC UPDATE!!!

car is on the Dyno as we speak :o so i should be getting her back either later today or even Tomorrow :yahoo:

I am SO EXCITED!!!

Evo

Well,

I Finally got the car back this afternoon and i am very impressed with how it is. :yahoo:

attended the meet tonight, and those couple of you that came for a 'ride' seemed to really enjoy it :P

first EVER 1zz with a modified Blitz S/C kit to run EXACTLY the same as a 4A-GZE charger...

and the sound it makes :o it's really REALLY awesome :D

however, my initial target was 100kw ATW, but with everything, it puts out a whopping 94.6kw ATW! its 5.6kw short of my initial target, but i don't care, i am thoroughly happy with the way it is :D pretune and all that with the stock airbox was making 78.9kw ATW, so there has been a dramatic improvement in the way it drives.

What else to add... Thankyou to the awesome team up at Crossley Street and Race Engineering, they did a brillant and fantastic job!

And it looks like this is a farewell to modding for me, i have consolidated with a few, and they believe its time to stop, so i am sticking with the idea until further notice, and the C-One wing tips i have will go on the car later on down the track :D

And best advice i can give to new players out there, once you start modding, you WON'T stop, until you know you are happy with your car, Modding is like a drug, you just can't get enough, but i think i have had my fair share lol :lol:

Thanks to everyone for the support :toast:

Evo

Good news Evan,glad you got her back and all is well,congrats mate. :)

is it possible to squeeze a few more killerwasps out of your set up?...so close to your target 100kw at the wheels.

p.s i think i've already heard/read a couple of times you are going to stop modding...somehow i don't think it will end here. :whistling: