Your first car

95CelicaSX

Hi,

My first car was a 1993 Ford Festiva WA

It was the most fun car I have ever had. I got it for nothing from my sister as a gift.

It was a white 5 speed manual and what i learned to drive in.

A whopping 43Kw in a lunchbox with many memories. Top speed 150km/h even ground , 160km/h downhill and 80km/h uphill on F3

13" wheels and $20p/w in fuel

Easy as to work on and seated 5 and suddenly becomes lowered madd as.

1.3L Carby was pretty fun.

Later on I upgarded it to a luxury model.. i was given a cup holder

Never had any problems.

I removed the stock 4" rear speakers and put in Pioneer 6x9 in the rear lid. JVC deck.

I ended up selling it for $500 quick sale to try and save money by using my gf's car and pay half of all costs to it.

We worked close to each other and she lived at my place so it was ok until we broke up. So I bought a Celica at a car auction, i was pressured by the sales guy at first I thought I wouldn't like it but now I adore it.

Check out my first car in my album

Anyone else have a story to share?

lol

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My first car was a Diahatsu Feroza. I grew up in Rocky and you pretty much had to have a 4WD just to relieve the boredom. Used to drive it heaps in sand up at 5 rocks. She was a little beast, 1.6L with extractors and full exhaust with decent tyres. Good power for light car, just really bad ground clearance. Used to hoot past heaps of Patrols and Land Cruisers though off the beaches. Oh the memories..

Oh the memories. I still do miss my first car. Big story follows:

It was a 1991 Toyota Camry Executive.... and SV21. His name was 'Lucky'.

This car had been in the family since around mid 1992 (ex-government car) and was pretty much my Mum's car for most of it's life because Dad worked overseas and was never really around to drive it. Because of this, it was an automatic.

I had started driving it on my learners every weekday to get to school, and then Mum would take over and drive it from school to work. That's how I ended up getting lots of practice... and also the habit of tailgating thanks to traffic all the time. In the day's I didn't drive it, my Dad's car rental company had an old 1986 Suzuki Swift for run-around jobs and he made me practice my manual skills in that. He said, drive this and you can drive any modern manual car.

Then around the same time I got my provisionals, Mum said I can take it whenever she didn't need it. I always seemed to go out driving a fair bit during my final year of school. One particular memory was going out late at night with my friends, loaded up with a few cartons of eggs and egging people. People in bus shelters were fun targets. Oh the recklessness.

Eventually once I finished school, Mum got a job in the CBD and lost the need for the car. As of then, it was handed down to me. It was still running strong and was a great first car.

When I got it, it already had a Sony MiniDisc head unit and JBL speakers in the rear (thanks to Dad) so after a bit of time I got myself a cheap a** Clarion sub and amp package from Autobarn.

Then for Christmas, my Mum and sister got me a voucher to get a 3M black tint (35%). It really changed the look of the car. I loved it.

Then the Fast and the Furious hit the cinemas. Crazy teen stuff followed. I got a sports exhaust, and neons FTW. Such useless crap, but I was young.

Then I remembered reading up about HID's and just couldn't resist. I found a set on eBay selling for $350 (that's what these cheap Asian sets cost back when they came out) and fitted them. Boy they looked great.

Then when it came time for new tires, the guy at Bob Jane said for $300 I could buy a set of 15" Subaru rims with some decent tread left on some Yokahama's. I couldn't say no.

After a while, my portable MiniDisc recorder f*** up so I couldn't recored new music. I then splurged out $700 on kick-a** Pioneer Bluetooth head unit (now similar spec head units cost half the price... stuff cost a bit back then). Now I could use MP3 CD-RW with ease and the Bluetooth handsfree was wicked.

Oh, I then read up about what a 'boss kit' is and got myself a mice comfy aftermarket steering wheel. Now I could cruise around with something nice to hold onto.

Then came the remote start. I was really into electronics so thought I would give this a shot. Worked well and helped warm the car up in the early hours of the morning before the gym and after nightfill at Woolworths. Eventually I tied it into a RFID push button start and now I had a custom keyless ignition. Happy Days.

Then I found out I could get a MAF adaptor for the vane-type MAF sensor so I went ahead and bought one together with a pod filter. My Camry was feeling pretty nice by about then.

And that's pretty much a summarised story of my first car. It was fun while it lasted and was nice to give it a thrashing and I kind of wish I still had it.

And the photos. I never really took photos of it (esp. the intake, with the new wheels, stereo, keyless ignition, etc) which I kind of regret:

Before I started mucking around with it:

dsc02025mih.jpg

Doof doof:

dsc01999lzs.jpg

Neons FTW:

dsc02025mih.jpg

dsc02026y.th.jpg dsc02027e.th.jpg dsc02028i.th.jpg

HID's... mmmm, glaring:

dsc02061d.jpg

dsc02171g.jpg

Go the Camry:

dsc2172.jpg

And then it was his last days:

dsc02248i.jpg

i got my first car 6 years ago and guess what , i still have it , My red AE82 twincam , so many memories , girlfriends , money and everything else have gone by but shes still with me and never going anywhere!

first car is 1zz. used to be parents. been well looked after by them. they got a new car, so the old one was for me. been loving it since the first day i have it.

thinking to keep it for a while. probably for the next 5 years? or maybe more. im just loving it at the moment :) Good fuel economy, good engine, good looks + in a good Toyota owner club ^^

I reckon I could win rarest first car ever. :P

A 1975 Subaru Leone GFT 2dr coupé with:

- worked EA71 1600cc OHV race engine with dual carbs and hi-flow spaghetti intake manifold (this looked awesome).

- spare tyre to boot mod.

- blue vinyl along bottom of doors to hide rust mod.

- blue carpet as far as the eye could see.

- SAAS driver's only racing seat.

- SAAS steering wheel.

- Beetle in resin gearknob.

This thing was a beast, it could just lift the front wheels in the first 3 gears (more like a bounce :P), and sounded like a Cessna airplane! It was very lumpy and would shake the car on idle with solid engine mounts. It had enough grunt to idle up slight hills in 2nd gear, and where upon squeezing the throttle would chirp the tyres nicely. But it was a POS, my very first POS. :)

Gav.

It looked like this minus the mirrors down the bonnet:

tokorozawa%20127.jpg

And this was the sales brochure for it, that I still have!:

Subaru_1400_1976.jpg

I had a 92 N14 Nissan Pulsar Ti with an SR20DE, great little car, was quite zippy. It was a hand me down from my dad, but it was in bad shape, scratches and dings everywhere. I repaired everything, so it looked like the day it rolled off the showroom floor, even got some SSS rims for it. 2 weeks after I put a new sound system in it, it was written off by a careless driver.

My first car is my current car, an MCV36R Camry Sportivo.

A hand me down from my brother (who needed a ute for work + leased a Navara STX) and came into my hands July 2007.

I only really started doing things to it (besides driving, fuel + wash) early this year, with plenty of more things to come I think.

My first car was a 1997 AE102 Corolla Conquest sedan. I still have it, I still drive it, it is still my daily drive. If you want to learn more, look in my members ride threads, I can't be ****d typing it out.

I had a top spec :lol: Hyundai Excel Twin Cam 4dr.

78kw of pure *******. Actually for a while it was an ok car, but then it refused to start if it was below 10c. Sent it in on warranty, new town toyota had nfi what was wrong and gave it back, still stuffed. So it was ok in summer. It had aircon, plenty of room even for me and power steering, all I wanted.

Traded in to kalamunda toyota for the celica ;)

1st car was a white 87 model mazda 323 sedan for 3 grand.

Awsome little car and had only 30'000k's on it when i got it in 2005.

Owned by old people. Had chrome hubcaps, 5% tint, chrome exhaust "tip", metal pedals (with no rubber one them) and a skull gearknob.

Also had a fully sick tape player. I totalled it into a black euro accord.

My !st car was a Mazda RX3 coupe with a 12a rotary motor, extractors and webbers.

2nd car was a 1600 gt twin cam

3rd car, toyota 3.0 turbo

4th car, holden vt 3.8 supercharge

5th car, toyota crolloa 1.6GL sedan

(all above cars when I lived in NZ)

6th car,toyota sportivo

my first ever car... was a 1981 toyota corolla i loved that beast and wish i had it today... da only reason i ran away from me was cause my dad sold it afta he got booked for drink driving and he needed to pay da friken fine... and also ummmm afta dat my first car that i bought was da 1985 hatch back rolla =] hehehe for 150 bux bargain and it ran like it was no tomorrow lol

here is da pic of the 1981 rolla i had 3856520129a4026280294b6.jpg

I had a 1988 Nissan Laurel. I bought it from a mates older brother who got a company car with his new job. Paid $1000, I owned it for a little over a year before deciding to upgrade to something newer. I sold it to my mate (the one whos brother I bought it from). I spent a bit of money getting it fixed up.

RB20E engine, auto, Silver 2 tone with maroon velour interior. piller-less windows (no B piller), Power stearing, central locking, climate control, auto headlights, auto wipers. the car had lots of technology for an eighties car.

I absolutely loved that car and wonder how it would have been if i spent $20K doing it up instead of buying a newer car...quick

looked a lot like this car but much darker colour, more chrome, no B pillers, and a Laurel stick up emblem on the bonnet.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...1984_silver.jpg

Edited by yoshi

1995 Suzuki Baleno, awesome little car

l73e2c96c18d6f49844bb96.th.jpg

that is really nice i like the green

Green was different and looked really good. But they also went white, red, yellow, pink, purple, blue, and aqua. Aswell as pulsing to music and doing all types of flashing patterns =P Cant seem to find the pics i took of them all though.

Front view

image1w.th.jpg

I really miss it though,and could easily keep up with magnas, even the newer ones =P

Edited by Gonzalis