Aurion 2009 update model

prometheus

I went past City Toyota in Melbourne during lunchtime and had a brief look around.

There seem to be some good deals on Aurions at the moment, particularly the AT-X , going for around $32 000 drive away.

I spoke to a very polite, friendly young chap there and asked about the Update model that's due out soon. He showed me some paperwork from Toyota indicating that the update model is due out on September 21st 2009.

Most of the changes seem to be cosmetic, possibly with alloy wheels as standard.

I'm not sure whethere the fuel economy figures will change at all ... this just remains to be seem.

Toyota are unlike other car manufacturers such as Holden and Ford where they tend not to release things like "series 2" and "series 3" for example if you bought an AU Falcon (Iknow why would you) in say 1999 by 2002 the series 3 was out and your technically 3 models behind and your re-sale has gone into the toilet. I applaud toyota for keeping its customers in an up to date model technically whether you bought an 06 or an 08 aurion it should be the same bar minor changes such as alloys etc. If they are releasing a new one it should i emphasize should not WILL be a new model with new model designation.

Correct me if i am wrong people!

from previous discussions on this topic it was mentioned that the new Aurions will have some added features to the current lineup...not sure if these feature updates will apply to the Aus market, but if it does then it will affect resale for sure

To get a 5 star rating the Aurion needed a passenger seat belt warning light that the current model does not have as well as doing the optional pole test.

Update model will have the passenger seat warning light, as well as an audible alarm. Latest info is that model is released to the dealers from the 7th September, so I guess you can order from that date!!

Rest of the facelift changes, see here: there is a new front bumper, new headlights and tailights, new grille, mags have changed. No side mouldings and the Aurion badged moved up onto the rear of the front mudguards. No change to engine or transmission, 8 speakers now instead of 6 (+2, subwoofer and amplifier).

Improvements to illuminated vanity mirrors!! Radio fascia panel slightly changed including addition of Aux input, passenger seatbelt now has warning light and buzzer, possible upgrade to reversing camera, also changes to part of the dashboard cluster, probably different gauges!!

Netting map pockets to rear of front seats, colours to remain the same as current model.

Regards.................Dixie.

some pics here ---> http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...showtopic=20085

as far as styling is concerned I can't imagine there'd be a significant difference between the asian market compared to what we're about to get.

IMO they look a bit like the new Honda Accord V6... (whether that is a good or a bad thing, i guess it's up to you)

I still haven't gotten used to the new rear light cluster treatment, it's a bit more 'camry'-ish than lexus-ish (again, just my opinion)

Your freaking me out a little..Im due to pick up an 09 ZR6 on 8th Sept and now i got no idea what im going to see when i pull up at the dealer. May need to ask some questions methinks.

Considering all the paperwork has been done already you'll most likely be getting the current model Aurion unless you have been told otherwise. I don't think they will start selling the new models until the demonstrators come in so you can have a proper test drive and check it out for yourself.

By "No side mouldings" do you mean the strips that run horizontally along the doors ?

Alot of new cars nowdays don't have them , although I prefer a car with them , I reckon it gives some protection (from dents and scratches) to the doors from idiots and kids that fling car doors open in car parks.

By "No side mouldings" do you mean the strips that run horizontally along the doors ?

Alot of new cars nowdays don't have them , although I prefer a car with them , I reckon it gives some protection (from dents and scratches) to the doors from idiots and kids that fling car doors open in car parks.

Yeah pretty much those things, I couldn't care less about them to be honest, it doesn't bother me at all to leave it on, I actually think the door looks a bit plain without them.

Yeah pretty much those things, I couldn't care less about them to be honest, it doesn't bother me at all to leave it on, I actually think the door looks a bit plain without them.

I was tossing up on a few occasions whether or not to remove them. I eventually decided to leave them on because I just don't trust anyone in a car park these days. So many people out there who have no respect for your car.

actually I wouldn't mind the AT-X looking like that photo

like I think currently the front is a bit grey and needs the chrome

nice if they would cross the line and get 5 star

in the earlier articles it sounded like Toyota can't be bothered

yet 5 star only a piece cake, they ought to do it

30 + 2 (pole test) + 1 (passenger seat belt warning) = 33 done

knee area adjustments (like Commodore) would 2 more points putting it ahead of Falcon

no drivetrain changes

so ok its not gonna to happen

but it'll be funny if the new Aurion has the Camry-like offical fuel consumption again

Edited by tekkyy

cars that come with "side mouldings" also use them to prevent the door sounding like a tin can when you close them. a lot of cars that dont have them standard have bars on the inside of the door to prevent this.

I was tossing up on a few occasions whether or not to remove them. I eventually decided to leave them on because I just don't trust anyone in a car park these days. So many people out there who have no respect for your car.

I try and avoid parking next to station wagons and 4 wheel drives (as most are used to ferry kids around and will never see so much as a dirt track) , the little Jimmys and Debbies that get out of these vehicles could not care less about putting a scratch or dent in your car.

I once had a open the drivers door to get into her car , and whack ... right into mine , while I was in it.

I got out and told her off ... her response was to blame me for parking too close to her ... the stupid C**T.

I should have put the sole of my shoe through her door , but it just wasn't worth the trouble of getting involved with human garbage like that.

Edited by prometheus

I try and avoid parking next to station wagons and 4 wheel drives (as most are used to ferry kids around and will never see so much as a dirt track) , the little Jimmys and Debbies that get out of these vehicles could not care less about putting a scratch or dent in your car.

I once had a open the drivers door to get into her car , and whack ... right into mine , while I was in it.

I got out and told her off ... her response was to blame me for parking too close to her ... the stupid C**T.

I should have put the sole of my shoe through her door , but it just wasn't worth the trouble of getting involved with human garbage like that.

Same thing happened to me, cept this time it was a Mitsubishi GTO and this stuck up bitch gets out of the car like shes hot ****, slams her door into my old Camry, then when she sees me she acts like shes all careful and ****. Well, I waited until she was gone and I returned the favour. Musta sucked considering my car was over 15 years old and I really couldn't have given a rats ***** if she left a dent in my door, though its just the respect she failed to show for my property.