FT-86 "Hachi Roku"

I actually like this. Can't wait for the production version.

Btw, here's a virtual driving footage of the FT-86. If only I have a PS3 & Japanese copy of Gran Turismo 5 Prologue. ;)

That didn't take long. Hot on the heels of the Toyota FT-86 Concept's reveal, we've got videographic proof that ToMoCo's new boxer-powered 2+2 is bound for the virtual circuits of Gran Turismo 5.

Make the jump to see a darkened shot of the C-4S flat-four underhood, followed by the FT-86 romping through some European backroads, running a street circuit and then sliding sideways at Tsukuba with its predecessor and inspiration, the original Toyota AE86 Corolla.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/06/video-t...gran-turismo-5/

I like it, though from what I read in the article in drive they were saying it only came with an NA 2.0L it looks like it should have a turbo (or Lift)

i was at a Prado day on Thursday... and they talked very breifly about the FT86. 40K and the cheif engineer wanted to develop a purists car.

2.0l NA, from Factory... no doubt there will be Turbo Kits available for this car...

due for release Mid-Late next year.....

Subaru Version will be a similar car, but AWD.... and baout 55-60k

That didn't take long. Hot on the heels of the Toyota FT-86 Concept's reveal, we've got videographic proof that ToMoCo's new boxer-powered 2+2 is bound for the virtual circuits of Gran Turismo 5.

Make the jump to see a darkened shot of the C-4S flat-four underhood, followed by the FT-86 romping through some European backroads, running a street circuit and then sliding sideways at Tsukuba with its predecessor and inspiration, the original Toyota AE86 Corolla.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/10/06/video-t...gran-turismo-5/

I know you only did a copy-paste; but for the articles sake, the JDM y0 mags I flicked through say it is a D-4S. I`m going to trust them over a dark image from GT.