ELEGNT's RColt Version R

ELEGNT

true true true, i spotted that place real late

GTLOST, fail

whitestivo

Ur a FAIL BUDDY!!!! i went in a sportivo n i was expecting a massive pull wen it hit lift... but it didnt even excite me that much. vtec will snap it!! XOOMS sportivo is gunn!! LIFT n TURBO, CRAZY!! Dont sportivo's only rev out to 8,000k? my mates vtec kicks in at 5,500 n goes all the way to 9000k... 150.8kw at the front wheels n a 12.8 @ 108mph. it probably doesnt sound that fast, but its pretty good for a lil street car. I was wondering if u Can tune lift to redline at 9000k?? i know BKS had 129kw or maybe 130kw n i know that would through u back!! Lift is still mad, i wouldnt mind it though.

whitestivo, SNAPPED. lolz...

That Colt is PHAT!!!!! gota love the MASSIVE FRONT MOUNT.... Is it gonna come down to the annual meet?

Was the stivo modded? You're comparing a highly modified car to something that is lightly fettled. Of course the Honda would be faster lol. It's in VTEC from 5.5k till 9k because it has an aftermarket ECU. All you need on a stivo is one and you could potentially do the same.

BTW lift is VTEC lol. Well similar principle..

150kw is a crapload unless its FI.

Anyways this Colt is mad! I gone with some stock ralliart colts and they don't seem to quick, but they do seem very very restrictive. So I think yours is would now be a wicked lil hot hatch.

Well done mate.

What's next after fixing the manifold?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to add to the little boy $#!T talking in this thread - If I stroke my SR16VE [129kW stock] to 2L with a regular SR20DE crank/rods, and add a Nistune for engine management, I essentially get 167kW [225whp] ATW NA with 2.5" headers and exhaust. And that's only spinning it to 8000rpm, not even 9000rpm yet [stock SR20DE rods wont't take that anyhow]. True story!

Now, if I compare my stroked/ECU'd 2L SR1620VE NA king engine to a stock standard 2ZZ-GE [or even a highly modded B18C or K20A], it's not really fair now is it? And it still won't throw me, you or any one back in the seat, because it has a linear power band! But Phil and Rowan are both farked from every direction if they meet one of these on the streets.

Farken children, go learn something about motors, and apples vs oranges [context].

Gav.

Yeah, there is one for sale ATM. But you have to comply those, whereas just dropping crank and rods into an SR16VE is invisible, and the gains are massive.

Even if you don't do the Nistune, and run the stock ECU and VVL points, you still gain 40whp just from stroking [CR is an issue]. Even that alone makes it worth it!

I agree that VVTLi > VTEC. Real world conditions have proved it, even on the dyno... Toyotas fail was not implementing the separate IN & EX technology like Nissan.

Gav.

ash/alex. yeh getting it fixed soon but still driving it leaks when cold but still holds boost when hot cos the metal expands and closes the hole. taking ti off in the next week tho.

and1. thanks man, yeh stock ones are reasonably slow but it doesnt take much to waken them up. next mod is electronic boost controller

GTLOST. yeh ill be at the annual meet this yeh see u then =)

end of fetal talk in my thread this is not "members ride - 1zz sportivo" thread haha

Edited by ELEGNT

• 2 weeks later...
UPDATE.

car is finally going again after a month of being off the road.

old engine bay

2v2wrib.jpg

new engine bay

2edz42p.jpg

nv5s79.jpg

116rnfa.jpg

Made the rest of my intercooler pipes to the intake manifold

Made a 2.5" intake

HPC coated the intercooler pipes and intake

Put on my turbo manifold (holy fucq that took 2 weeks)

Brought the K&N 57i kit for my car

Put on a GFB manual Boost controller

and here are some shots of it wile my missis was driving

2gt3zv7.jpg

54viwl.jpg

2eg90dk.jpg

looking fat ;)

• 1 month later...

time to update a dusty thread, i gotten rid of my manual boost controller and installed an electronic one, works an absolute charm! has a low and high boost setting, low being for daily driving (only 9psi) and high(15 psi for smashing people like whitestivo who actually think that lift is what rotates the earth. the main diffence that the electronic boost has over the manual boost is, the manual boost controller (and stock boost controller for that matter) initially when coming onto boost spiked to 16 psi and slowly tapered off to 10 psi by redline. After installing the electronic boost controller i am able to hold 15psi to redline. which SCARES me everytime i do it lol

hand controller

2ij555y.jpg

boost controller unit

2empnjq.jpg

and this is my new exhaust. 2.5" mandral bent from dump pipe, rpw high flow cat, second cat removed, center muffler removed, 2x 90 degree bends at the rear where replaced with 2x 45 degrees to straighten it out, oval rear muffler.

10gck9j.jpg

2dvlykm.jpg

4qn51c.jpg

346mg5t.jpg

2crxerp.jpg

so with the new exhaust and boost controller this little thing is seriously quick now, my LOW boost setting is faster than my old manual boost setup that alot of you guys drove it with (phil,mick,other mick,ray,guan,trav), so my new high boost puts a smile on my dile. Daryl can vouch for this i have raced his TRD half a dousen times on the highway :)

enjoy

Edited by ELEGNT

• 3 weeks later...

Well done Rowan,i think these will suit your Colt nicley...they didn't take long to arrive,and are they in the condition you were hoping for?

p.s hurry up and get em fitted. ;)

Well done Rowan,i think these will suit your Colt nicley...they didn't take long to arrive,and are they in the condition you were hoping for?

p.s hurry up and get em fitted. ;)

yeh 2 days, the guy packed them as if he was sending glasswear so pretty happy, and rims in perfect condition

thanks again btw!

yeh 2 days, the guy packed them as if he was sending glasswear so pretty happy, and rims in perfect condition

thanks again btw!

Yeah. Your welcome :clap:

:P :P :P

Seen this ???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

what,,, where are my 16x7's you cheeky sod

i'm not sure that's going to be enough to slow him down guni for the sportivo to regain the lead, but i will represent and try of course

whitestivo

If all else fails we still have Evan; he claims his 1zz "is boss".

what,,, where are my 16x7's you cheeky sod

i'm not sure that's going to be enough to slow him down guni for the sportivo to regain the lead, but i will represent and try of course

whitestivo

If all else fails we still have Evan; he claims his 1zz "is boss".

hahahahahahahahhahahahahahaah i propose him a challange my low tune (9psi) vs his car (running 9psi) 1.5 vs 1.8 see if he accepts this