ELEGNT's RColt Version R

ELEGNT

Ele- awesome car. Mitsu Powah!

Phil - going by your argument, my lancer, which on paper had a worst power to weight ratio than a stivo should fail in a straight line race. HOw come a stivo struggles to get a 0-100 in 7.5 and the lancer did it in 6.5?

torque will always win....im putting another carton on ele pipping you every time! :P

Edited by T_Money

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^^^haha thanks mate, ive been trying to tell him all along but he doesnt want to hear it :P

UPDATE:

got my air dams today hopefully get them painted start of next week

Edited by ELEGNT

^^^haha thanks mate, ive been trying to tell him all along but he doesnt want to hear it :P

i lost count how many arguments ive had with this chimp, the boy just dont want to hear it. nothing can ever replace turbos and or tourqe for brutal power delievery, add a light & balanced chassis to that and you have an unstopable combanation. and we havent even gone into power potential. the stivo is an ok car for what it is, but it has many negatives, FWD, poor and unballanced chassis, poor power potential(killawasps to $$ ratio) VVTL-i which is its saviour but allso its curse, having such a peaky and small power band of only 2500-3000 rpm with little to no power under 5000 rpm.

UPDATE:

nice, those air dams are sweet

UPDATE:

Amen...i miss boost, but like the economy of my stivo...alas the comprimises. Best of luck to you phill :P

313 and Ev07, until I see some real numbers instead of seat of your a$$...1.05.86, which one of you pansies can beat it?

thats 90% driver 10% car. Congrats your a pretty quick driver, but i recon u could do a better time if u where in my car. lighter car + same power in a longer easier to use powerband

I thought Stivo was getting 20 - 30kw more @ flywheel... :blink:

you can call me optimus stivo, i speak for all stivos and can not be destroyed

if i ever replace the stivo with a turbo car, i'm gonna hear about it for eons

At least I get out there and run the stivo hard, if I get schooled by the colt, well good luck to 313 and his minisubishi

whitestivo

Edited by whitestivo

You guys need to learn the real mans motorsport: Hill Climb. It's the closest thing you can get to touge - legally, and you are at the mercy of the cut bank, trees, bollards, chains, and NUTS! No poofy 100m sandy run-offs here my sik bo1z. And I've got a car each to chop Phil and Rowan [well, Phil just for now...]. :)

The NUTS!

Gav.

Edited by chicaboo

yep, having driven it now, it definitely goes hard... although it is a bit laggy before you hit boost, but if you stay in boost when you shift (which isnt hard) its fast!

wow!

ive heard of these and seen them but never thought much of them ahaha. after reading up on your page ive spent the last 3 hours youtubing searching through forums and info on them

they seem like a great little car.

compared to the sportivo i thought they would have a bit more power from stock. but then i guess you could do alot more with them than you can do with a sportivo, considering they are alrready stock.

id love to see your dyno charts when poss.

im not sure on the torque but how much more does a RA colt have more than a sportivo?

how do you like the drive in comparison to your aurion?

great looking car btw!

Brad - thanks dude! in stock form they are pretty fun still but nothing really up top. im looking to jump on the dyno after i get my boost controller sorted. driving it is so much more fun than the aurion it just feels like its a gocart and pulls just as hard.

mick - yeh i want to drive a sportivo full stop ive driven a 2zz celica but not a sportivo

i would love to drive a sportivo to again compare... any volunteers :P

mine is yours mate...go nuts!

will have to come to a meet some time soon i guess :P

haha yeah, whenever you are there next i will take it for a run.

the celica should be making an appearance again soon, so you guys can see what some torque feels like :P

• 4 weeks later...

nice pics... how did you attach the air-dams?

i should get you to take some of the celica, you might be able to make it look good :P

also, your turbo has a strange flange.

thanks guys

yeh i can do your car whenever man just get it out for once lol fitted the airdams was a pain in the ***** had to drill and use nuts and bolts to hold them on, they dont sit properly but i cbf'ed changing them

yeh weird flange hey, TF035 off a GT forester

got the manifold for a bargain but

Edited by ELEGNT